LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Looking forward to ditching my bulb-based optima for a LED one like this.

Would be really awsome for projection mapping and VJing.

One of the coolest projectors I've ever seen. Didn't know about it until LInus made a video about it. Didn't know there was such a thing as a projector that you can place super close to the wall and still get an apparently amazin image. Would love to have one!

This is new and awesome. .   Perfect for for anything. .   . .Movies , gaming & presentation.   . 

I never won in anything in my life...(except once...I won a shoelace :(   )

This projector would definitely improve my life... please !!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

That thing is sick, I bet movies would be amazing on that thing

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x

I think that that projector is awesome, the short range must be pretty cool as well. It is a small projector with quite a good range I assume, and a lot of color and things like that judging by the video. Nice video by the way.

This thing is epic

Would be a great replacement for my DLP TV in my living room gaming/movie setup & or a toy to bring to my friends for movie game night xD

All I could think of was the precision engineering and manufacturing needed to create those lenses...

Probably one of the greatest ideas for parties and such with friends. the fact that its portable and able to use such a high resolution with such a large picture is amazing. these 3 things alone are what makes this product stand out to me. could imagine the great times this could provide with friends.

I think the portability, quality of picture and the ability to do it in such a small distance is incredible!

This would round out my setup. Here's to my hopefully new projector.

looks awesome but there's so many questions I have, they really could've done better with their information pages and marketing

I have lots of tech questions for it but really I'm wondering if it's meant to be portable like that.

if I get one I'll clearly have to over analyze it, but I imagine given it's LG that the 1,200$ price is reasonably justifiable. I've been eyeballing projectors for a couple weeks now trying to decide on something and this was still in contention so seeing the video is like a message. I'm still conflicted as ever though.

Spoiler

CPU: TR3960x enermax 360 AIO Mobo: Aorus Master RAM: 128gb ddr4 trident z royal PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w GPU: 5700xt, 5500xt, rx590 Case: c700p black edition Display: Asus MG279Q ETC: Living the VM life many accessories as needed Storage: My personal cluster is now over 100tb!

I think the projector is great, portable and easy to set up, which is good for people who don't have all day to set up and play.

The heat that the optics take from the lens, must be enormous. Pretty much evolutionary technique LG is creating these days. I won't say that I deserve this but would be working for my parents. Small room. The wall could be used.

I'm on Erasmus in Germany and now lloking for a job for next year. This looks a great portable option to carry around, as many shared flats here don't have a common room and therefore you must have your own TV and monitor!

The projector itself is a pretty amazing thing, considering that about 5 years ago I had to spend much more than this to get image that big (which also never happened, because, who has the moneyz) and the form factor... Dang son!

Would be extremely awesome to get one! Would share it with loads of family and friends and would inspire me to try to create a portable desktop powerhouse for this projector :)

LG must use the LTT video as official commercial for world wide. Linus, dirong the test of this product is there any delay between image and sound using bluetooth?

This looks awesome. Take this to work with me and play on the outside wall of our store after closing. Work at a computer store so getting the parts to build an awesome rig wouldn't be a problem.

Wow this projector looks legit, would love to try gaming on this thing

This could be really useful for something like an out door party!

Looks good, I can see myself carrying the PF1000U projector to and from a friends house often. 

Good like everyone