LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Hey, looks like I can use this as a TV. I wonder how the mirror/optics system stands up to long term use. 

My PC
Spoiler

Starry Night:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI Plus | RAM: 32 GB GSkill DDR4 2133 MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition | Case: NZXT H440 | Storage: Crucial MX300 M.2 | PSU: Corsair RMx 750 | Display(s): Dell S2417DG 2560X1440, Dual AOC 1920X1080 (E2426WD, I2421VWH) | Cooling: NXZT Kraken x61 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Mouse: Logitech M500 | Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel and Phillips SHP9500 | Operating System: Windows 10

Tyrosine:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 "Wolfdale"   Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3L   RAM: 4 GB DDR2 400 MHz   GPU Power Color R9 380 4GB   Case: Antec with Blue light and over 9000 fans, and 9000 lbs   Storage: Samsung Evo 850 + 600 GB HDD   PSU: Corsair VX 550 W   Display(s): Dual AOC 1920X1080 (E2426WD, I2421VWH)   Cooling: Did I mention the case?   Keyboard: Logitech K350   Mouse: Logitech M500   Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel and Phillips SHP9500  Operating System: Windows 7 on Desktop, Ubuntu 14.04 on Laptop and everything else

Kids, do drugs, the science way! Note:

Spoiler

I am involved in computational medicinal chemistry research and am interested in pharmaceuticals as a researcher, in no way do I endorse the taking of the drugs. Never.

23 hours ago, CPotter said:

That is really cool and first time I am interested st the technology behind a projector. What makes it different. 

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I recently gotten into PC Gaming and got into Skyrim and seeing this projector made think of how immersive it would be to have full range of vision sucked up in such a beautiful game. Or Fallout! Damn I can't imagine how being in the wasteland will feel like. Hopefully I'll find out if I get a projector.

This is an amazing piece of hardware. This would be amazing to use for a huge smash tournament. Projectors have now gained my interest.

Man this projector is so unconventional, I just love it. My old man has a espon projector thats 1080p 3lcd and 120inch, wanna show him up by doing 200inch in my room, show him whos boss, know what im sayin xD. Any who I think this lg one would be killer for my setup and will deff post picks if I win (fingers crossed) added bonus would be that this would be the first time I would win anything of this sorts. Hope all for the best in the giveaway and want everyone who reads this to have a fantastic rest of their week, cheers

I think playing Doom on this might actually make me poop my pants!

Looks really cool, but does the quality degrade with a bigger screen size? Otherwise looks really good

Lovin the close up concept of this little beast, Would be great for movies and maybe some light gaming.

I mean I'm no expert but I've seen plenty of projectors and this one seems pretty unique. To be able to throw a large image really close to the wall and be compact enough to fit in your backpack without taking up all the space is pretty cool. I mean like all projectors, the image quality doesn't compare at all with LCDs. But, if you have a light colored wall and want to be able to watch a movie or play a game on a massive screen a huge TV would be too expensive and kind of impractical unless your going to dedicate the room to it. Would love to win one :) 

My Current Rig:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5838447 

Steam ID: RonHGeneral Xbox Live: RonHGeneral

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This projector looks pretty neat. I've been looking to convert my basement into a multimedia room and the PF1000U looks perfect, and with EVO 2016 right around the corner it'd perfect for streaming some of the content.  In addition the portable aspect of the projector would be perfect for an outdoor movie at the next family gathering.

This is great, no more projectors at the back of the room. Could use in basement.

This projector is FREAKING AWESOME! Loved the video that you guys made. This would be great for a project that I am doing and I hope to win! Thanks to LMG and LG for this spectacular giveaway to the community!

It's actually pretty amazing that a projector like this is possible, i remember how little early-2000s projectors could do....

Looks amazing love tech that screams big but comes in a small form factor :D

so how dose this stack up to say a good 60' tv/monitor in terms of color

This projector is pretty attractive if you don't have the throw space to hang a projector from the ceiling.  I have been looking at it for a while.

that would be a really cool projector. i could turn any white wall in my house into a screen, along with my box trailer. ive had projectors on my mind for a while and this is ideal.

Be awesome to have this around for LAN parties.

This is one of the biggest "wows" I had in a while. I saw the video and I was like "wait.. isn't it too close to the wall?". As it appears it wasn't and I would want one to play on my big empty wall in the night :)

Damn, Now I can show people my dick pick in HD quality on the break room wall. :P

This projector would be great for an outdoor theater! Just find a flat wall and put it next to it, and have fun! No need to set up a bunch of cords or worry about having to race to move a lot of stuff if it starts to rain! 

This thing Is amazing and I could so many skits with this as well as have a new setup for my home system. OMG Just Awsome!!!!!!

I think this projector is quite a development by LG, it is quite small and can work in thin places, I i really like the idea of it :)