LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

barbecue behind my house and a fifa lan party projected on the house wall :D would be epic

Really cool projector. Would love to play games and watch movies with my friends on it. 

It looks amazing, even moreso impressed by the small size of it, imagine just taking one of these with you in your backpack when visiting a friend to either watch a movie or just game with a bunch of friends.

I'd definitly love to have one of these :) with plenty of uses for it!

Absolutely unreal little projector. I remember seeing years back a coworkers brand new UltraHD projector that was the size of a small tank and cost an arm and a leg. Remembering that and how bulky and awkward hanging from the ceiling looked, I never batted an eye to getting a projector untill today. 

I’m itchin’ to take a PF1000U apart to confirm me guessin’ that it uses one DMD (mirror chip) w/spinning color filters from a single LED light source. What does the image look like with zero digital keystone compensation applied? Most magic is in that mirror design, but where is that uneven black level coming from; could it also be designed away at the mirror with micro-tinting?  Varying keystone also compromises focus, so are there internal lens tilt/offset focus adjustments for throw angle? Only testing over time could tell if lower PWM LED intensity could extend lamp life, but in ten years we might be wearing direct-to-brain interface receivers to “see” an image without requiring any light at all. In thirteen years it will have 3D capability and we will be able to dream (and learn) in full color while we sleep.  Of course the blind will be able to see again, but when will they get around to finally incorporating direct-to-brain sound?

13 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

That's an awesome projector I hope I win!!

Make me wonder how it looks in a lot room if they can get 200" out of it in darkness.

It looks really great and it's small factor it's really neat and very useful for those late night gaming parties or to watch a movie practically anywhere while making it a lot easier to set up than a regular projector. But do to it's form factor I kinda am curious about the heat that builds up during it's use period.

This sure is an interesting product. Not something I would be able to afford, though.

13 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

My friend and I have a great place to set a home theater up, but we don't have the money.  This would be perfect.

It would be awesome to have this projector to turn my balcony into a gaming environment/home cinema.

This looks like a very different projector to what I'm used seeing online but that a very awesome part about it. It it's possible plaYing or watching movies at home of that size that would be awesome to own, hope I win!

Really good output from something this small, and portable, would be really interesting in one of these.

I think it's awesome. The way it works is new and refreshing, thus practial. Would love to have one for myself. 

Wow that thing would look pretty cool for my school project good look everyone

This tech looks super cool. One of the drawbacks to projectors (though minor) was the expense of superlong redmere hdmi cables to reach the projector location; this seems to solve that!

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Would love to play with this paired with my Razer Leviathan and a copy of Ori and The Blind Forest!

That throw distance and brightness from something this size...pretty amazing.

It looks really awesome and is probably the only competitor for a normal tv.

Looks really interesting, I think the best use is to watch movies. It would be really cool to use to watch movies. I wonder how well it will work outside now that it is summer and all

Awesome projector, I can think if a hundred uses for the tech camps I set up. I'll be looking at buying them for work and personal! 

That is one sexy looking projector and would benefit me a lot due to the small space in which I have. Watching sports and playing games on the Wii, Xbox and PS4 will be brilliant! 

Really cool - I'd find plenty of use out of one of these things for watching movies or playing games