LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

If I get this I'll give it to my wife to use as a teaching tool. She'll love it and her students will love it too. 

Omfg, I need one so much! I would take it out and project movies all night long the the walls of the citadel in my hometown! so fing awsome!!! Thanks LG and LMG for this awesome opportunity!!!

I hope it's decent in a more light polluted environment, it would fit great in my setup!

Wow These projectors are neat, I would love to shoot a movie on these, current one is an old one from like 2003.

To be honest I think how they've managed to put so much hardware in a space of ~150cm^2 is absolutely amazing. It would be so easy to hook up to a phone and watch movies with my friends or even create my own home theatre setup. Anything would be awesome with this projector!

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Amazing product ... would be so awesome to be given a chance to use this projector .. :D

YPIEEE WOW GIVEAWAY, this Product Looks good, image Quality is Good, and Very Compact,

Was an interesting way to promote the product but from it looks like it can do and from the specs off the LG web site it looks pretty neat, nice small compact destine bit bigger than the Samsung LED Pico Projector I bought a while ago :P

I thought of something like this a while back, but I had no clue to how you'd have to sort the lens and mirror, it'd be cool to get 1 cause I have a narrow long space with a sofa and a small tv, and can't put a projector down the long way.

7 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Looks like a really sweet piece of technology. I think it might be using laser technology to project the image. It sure is impressive.

I like the size of it, which makes it very portable. And it would be awesome to watch movies or play cool games with friends and family.

My friends and I quite often have a BBQ and watch counter strike matches out in the garden. We only have a regular projector however and not enough space to throw a decent sized image onto the shed (22" at best). This projector would be the perfect solution for that and we could truly watch the games in style.

It World be Amazing having these projector instead of my 720p TN panel.

Well, that would be an awesome projector to make a party event with friends at the beach! I live essentially in a big island :P 

Very nice projector,

It's very good if you have a tight space. :)

Coolest dust cleaner ever. it would be awesome to use it to clean dust from my pc 

Seems like a great projector for those on a budget, doesn't take much space, and good quality 1080p resolution. We really need more short throw projectors, so this is a great addition to the small short throw projector market. We are currently getting a new house, and we are thinking of having a theatre room, so getting a projector for free would be nice.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

I think the PF1000U Short Throw Projectors looks super awesome and the overall concept is really great. I would really appreciate i win this because the price is a little bit high for me.  :D

Finally we can start looking at having a great cinema experience without having a massive room. This would be great even in a larger room as we wouldn't have to mount from the roof or the rear of the room!!

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

Why would anyone buy something other than a short-throw projector?

I've been looking for something like this for a bit but this is out of my price range, when I first seen it I thought "this would be the one for the best gaming experience!".

I promise I don't only come here to enter contests. I actually do a metric ton of lurking. pls forgive.

But this projector looks amazing, i've been searching for a short throw solution for my living room lounge my roommate's and I are attempting. Seems nearly too good to be true, what a world.