LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This would have come in handy last week in Vegas. The projector we brought along gave up the ghost 1-hour into our trip!

On 9/7/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Pretty neat, I'd love to win it

On 9/7/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Pretty neat, I'd love to win it

They were serious when they named it short throw 9_9

A projector to game on with friends in town at night would be the absolute dream :)

I have a couch facing a blank wall in my room, I think this projector would solve that problem.

On 7/9/2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

the last time i had a projector i was playing sonic unleashed on my entire wall in 2009 on a ps2 at 60 fps....where windows 7 was the" windows 10 of 2016"....ah the good old days.

While the price is somewhat high, this projector would be awesome to use in a classroom - no need to carry projectors on trolleys and moving them back and back into the classroom to get a decently sized image - it can simply stay on the teachers desk, away from the prying hands of students! Well, that's one practical example which I could think of...I'm sure there are many other ones, besides it's obvious use for entertainment :)

The projector seems to be really good! Although the light strength doesn't seem to be the very best, it still seems to be quite good AND very portable too! Also very suited for small rooms since you don't need a big distance to get a huge image!! If I win it would be used here all the time. To watch movies, to play games, to watch TV and many more things..... 

Ideal to make a home / game room me and the kids would enjoy when the wife is away.  There is no way she can dismiss this as it is a small and can be easily hidden or builth in. Already picked out the perfect spot and wall for it.

I believe it is cool that you can do it from so close, but I would hope there is a way to adjust the tilt of the monitor without having to tilt the actual unit.
I also wonder if there is a way to adjust the screen size without physically moving the unit like with a slider or such
then it would be perfect :)

I live in a small apartment and i can't drill anything in my ceiling because it's not mine, so the fact that you don't need to mount it is a really good solution ti my problem.

I think its a great device. I'm glad LG made it with "Media Use" in mind. Would be a neat edition to my mancave. Was going to buy a 60" HDTV but this would be a much more interesting substitute. (if i dont have to pay $1400 for it.) The ''cave'' is in my basement, usually under low light so I have a feeling this projector will perform well down there. 

Edit: I already follow LG on both my personal, and professional twitter. 

Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4Ghz - Corsair H60i- 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Vengeance RGB @2933Mhz - MSI Geforce RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio - 120 GB NVMe (OS) - 240 GB SSD - 5 TB Raid

I once repacked Breath Of The Wild and CEMU on the CemuPiracy sub for PC and now everyone asks me about it.

Streamer/Content Creator

I would mount this projector on my friends boat for the Festival of Lights coming up soon here and play an epic movie on the sails during the show. Rambo, perhaps.

I hope I remembered to comment. Good job the deadline was extended!

Haveing it be able to be so close to the wall gives my tons of ideas/projects to use this with! 

w0w, looks like an amazing device, I'm constantly blown away by the new optics that are being developed to make this possible. 

Better internall speaker would be nice but you can't win them all. 

-SI-

It awesome and portable, so as long as you have a wall you can use it anywhere, and the picture looks very nice.

This projector is compact enough to be super handy for impromptu movie showings with friends who don't really have a theater setup!

nice, with this I wouldn't need to save up for a 32" ultra wide LCD...

When I first moved into my rental flat with a upper section where I could clearly use a projector to shine onto the opposite nearly three metres high blank wall, I was planning on buying an initial 1080p projector, just so I could game and watch movies with a wide screen. However, after finding the initial costs to get a decent projector, and the fact that I've to run long cables from my desk to the projector up high was a mere hassle and found out I won't be using the projector much as I'll have to climb up and down to access the computer, while watching a film to adjust some settings. 

This short throw projector eliminates those boundaries, not only allowing me to set up the projector on the desk, but also eliminates any long distance cabling. It's a win-win right there. 
Even if I don't win, I'll still be considering this as a future purchase if I have a large enough blank wall to use this projector on, either for gaming, entertainment or productivity. 

One of the most interesting projectors out there, and currently best short throw projector, heard about it originally from this video: and thought that it was very cool but, didn´t and still don´t have money for it. But its still one of the most fascinating pieces of tech.