LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

It'd be interesting to see what kind of desk mods could come out of something like this - flush mount it so you have a monitor-free desktop, or something similar. The creative juices are flowing.

It's incredible that its possible to have a 200" display that anyone can carry in their backpack.

This is amazing 100" in a living room this is great.

i sure want one of those, ive got a big and wide white wall ready for it right now but little room.

Sweet projector. This would make a stellar upgrade to my home theater.

On 7/15/2016 at 11:59 PM, SamStrecker said:

No most projectors are 1:1 or the same speed as a monitor

was making a comment that my hardcore smash playing friends would say

they refuse to play on anything that is not a crt tv/monitor......

I really need a PF1000U projector for enjoy movies like in the movie theatre.

This would make one awesome home theater set up! Just pair with some surround sound and let the Game Of Thrones marathon begin.

Looks fantastic, I love the fact it works from 15" from the wall and the size of it! That's unbelievable, I simply cannot believe LG have managed to create something of such capabilities. Bluetooth and the smart TV features - it's just a masterpiece!

Jr. Systems Administrator

*All my opinions are my own based on my Technical Experiences and Tech Reviews!

DSC_2663-Edit_full.jpgI think this little beauty looks like exactly what I'd want for my new apartment. 

I've got this one blank white wall in the main living space that I've been contemplating getting a projector for, but without being able to mount on the ceiling I wasn't sure what my options really were.

I'm curious how it stacks up to other short throw offerings from the likes of asus et al.

Very cool projector! The ultra short throw looks very handy for projecting in a small room on a big screen.

Very practical due to its small size and the low weight... especially if you compare it to a 100" monitor or TV. ;) 

I Would probably use it to play games in my bedroom and turn the whole wall into a big screen and I would also use it at work. (at events and on stage and stuff) 

What a thing, i wish i had one, that i could use for a home cinema in my bedroom... ;)

I never could have a projector becouse it isnt cheap in croatia i dont know why i am even doing this.. i probably wont get it........ this sounds very klishey i just want it soo bad

On 10/07/2016 at 5:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I still can belive it does 200 

I want my 200" screen for gaming and watching teletubbies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

On 10/07/2016 at 3:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I'd really love to win this projector as it would both greatly benefit a prototype I'm working on involving a hologram projection system using steam. I've been looking for one of these for a while - an ultra short throw projector perfectly fits my use case and are really god damn cool :')

My twitter username is @_lucasys

Am I too late? Great projector, nice brightness for an LED bulb!

Looks very practical. I have a small room and this might do the trick. Also yeey for LED lightbulbs. :)

It might be suitable for some camp activities, small and compact which means easy to bring around. I can bring this around when i having some gathering with friends and play games together.

The specs look really nice especially the lamp life is impressive. You can buy a good projector for 700-1000 € but you still have to buy new lamps quite often and the prices can be quite steep. So 1400 dollar price tag does not seem too steep. Overall the specs seem as good as other midlevel projectors but you do not need a 2m distance minimum for installation.

Never owned a projector, this might be something that might fit my apartment.

This would be great for all the presentations I do in schools and youth organisations! 

Great move from LG, hope more companies try working on short distance projectors and the size it can project is impressive too. Would be awesome for my small appartment. Finally there could be Smash and Movies on a nice big surface :D