LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Wow awesome giveaway, i would love to win, perfect for the olympics comming up.

This projector is utter magic! It is a magnificent piece of engineering and craftsmanship! Sure the dude who came up with this idea was called nuts by most; but he knew what he was doing, and gave birth to this beauty.

Great job guys!

probably the only thing that comes to mind is to  look for a place to shift my current TV. This Beast is surely going to replace it if i get it!

and 200 inch is i guess probably too much,i dont even have a clean wall that  big!

Looks like an awesome projector to have considering its portability, size and performance.

Holy price tag batman. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Super cool machine and very pricey, lol. But i would just like to say, is 200" the maximum size for this machine or where you just not able to make it larger then 200" due to location/not enough space? Not like im going to be needing more then a 200" projector anyway xD

The LG PF1000U projector would be a great addition to my new place! I've never tried a near field projector and If i win this! I will be linking my PC to is because my current projector doesn't seem to cut it!

I'd love to have it pretty please! =D

*Leon from Singapore!*

WIN_20160710_14_54_18_Pro.jpg

Never Regret ... YOLO

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

this looks very dope , I always liked and wanted a portable screen really don't like a huge monitor to carry around everywhere!

This product is already on me wishlist eh

It's more epic than what I was expecting from a typical projector. I give it a 10/10

I do have some experience with projectors from 800x600's aera, but that time I was not impressed, so maybe try more time?

It is the perfect moment, I gonna moving to my new flat in Pécs.

I think that this projector is a great idea as it would work in environments with cramped floors, e.g. My Bedroom 

Would be awesome. The main reason why I haven't ever gotten a projector is because of space issues. This would solve all of those issues.

My thoughts, would do great in my living room!

clever little thing would be great when i go on my holidays.

this magic transform any blank wall into a portable theatre... must have one of these :)

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

i like it, portable and FHD. Can bring to friends house and enjoy.

it looks great.would be superb if we have additional things like wireless usage,blBluetooth.

I think that the possibilities of short throw optics are quite interesting, the biggest issues Ive seen with projectors is often placement. It is much easier to place a projector 4 inches from the wall and get a usable, and proportionally accurate image then it has been for the past decades with regular projectors.

I think this is the future of projection tech, removing some of the inconvenience of a projection setup, thus making it an easier prospect for first time buyers and less technically literate users. (Place 4 inches from wall, plug in, eat popcorn.)

vSphere Cluster - 72 Cores - 512GB Memory - 6TB SSD RAW - 42TB HDD RAW - vSphere 7

resonance - Dell PowerEdge R730xd - 2x Intel E5-2667 v3 - 128GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA RTX 5000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

kat - Dell PowerEdge R630 - 2x Intel E5-2690 v3 - 256GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA TESLA P4 - 500GB PNY SSD - 4x1TB Crucial SSD - 2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

starlifter - Dell PowerEdge R720 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 96GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - 2xNVIDIA GTX 970 + 1050Ti - 500GB SSD - 7x6TB HGST HDD - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

ion - Dell PowerEdge R620 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 32GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - NVIDIA QUADRO M2000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro -2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

Main Rig

Intel i7-5820K @ 4.6GHz

MSI X99S Krait SLI Edition

32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Intel 280GB 900p

512GB Crucial NvMe

512GB Samsung 860 Evo

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Thermaltake Core P5

My thought on the projector are that it looks very well made by lg. Has a cool and sleek design. I think that LG is putting more in to its R&D to compete with Samsung and think that its paying off.

This is a really cool product. I love the insanely short distance that's required for a reasonable large image. This would be great for small rooms and offices.

It looks good and to see that it has really nice video quality it would be nice to use for a home theater or as a on the go kind of thing so I could game while camping with friends and family.

Liked the video, wished you talked a bit more about it tho.