LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

That is awesome. I want it to be in my living room

As a student living in a small room, this would be an awesome projector since I don't really have the space to place a normal projector. The fact that it's rather portable is also great. It would be amazing to have one of these!

i have a big empty wall above my setup, and this would make a great theatre for couch gaming or watching movies. And 10 years of countinous use seems amazing, its the perfect choice. too bad my pc wont be able to go along at ultra settings, but ill get an upgrade eventually. Good luck to everyone, and rush B cyka blyat.

This projector sounds really cool for gaming with my setup. With great performance and an upgrade from what i have for having friends over to play. 

This projector is pure awesomeness. No more headaches, finding a good way to set up a projector, routing all the cables and do it all together in a decent looking way. Futhermore, this projector looks very clean and nice. It would be an honor to win this thing.

Best part? People won't be walking between the projector and the screen any more! :) (way on the expensive side though)

Looks great, compact and the best thing is that you can have it close to the wall

This projector has a somewhat unique ability that will appeal to a portion of the market and that usually costs something.

I may be missing one or more, but I can't think of any reasonable projector that can go close to the wall or screen surface like this for even $5k, not counting this one.

When I saw that Sony was showing a laser projector that could go close to the wall like this I thought it sounded pretty interesting, until I heard the expected price. My memory is that the expectation was about $30k.

Platforming @ 200" should be the coolest way to use this.

"Super Meatboy"

5 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

That an awsome piece of tech to use in a small appartment. Makes it much easier to play your consoles without using a massiv tv. Definitely worth considering.

I had no idea that a projector that can produce such a big picture can be so small and fit my narrow living room !! xD
And that bluetooth connectivity is awesome, perfecto for my soundbar :D In general the wireless functions are great.
Would like to try it  out at least :D

wouldn't the large projection from this projector make it unusable in small rooms?

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

Looks awesome, with the ability to change any room into a cinema.

This looks like a really nice projector that has a lot of capabilities for a portable, or small home theater experience that has a great resolution for movies, or for gaming on a wall. I would buy, but I don't have $1,400 to spend on it, so this is my one chance to get it. 

Comparing it to other projectors (including short throw), it's a damn good projector for it's throw distance to screen size..  Many of the ones that I have seen either need to be mounted for best results or be placed rather far away, however their quality is almost unrivaled.  Most short-throw projectors I've seen may sacrifice quality for being short-throw, and almost all portable/battery operated projectors I've seen have forgotten quality in order to be portable.

This is the first, portable/battery powered projector that I've seen that is DLP as well as supporting full HD.  I can only imagine the opportunities this can open for conferences, LAN parties and pop-up events!

-BassMaster

NightShade's specs

FX 9590Crosshair V Formula-Z | 16GB HyperX Savage 1866MHz | Sapphire R9 390 Nitro (W/Backplate) | Corsair H100i v2 | Corsair AX1200i

240GB HyperX Savage| 960GB SanDisk Ultra II | 4TB WD Black | Samsung U28E590DCorsair 760t v2 | Corsair VOID Wireless

Corsair K65 RGB (MX red) | Corsair Sabre RGB | Corsair MM800 Polairs | NZXT Hue+  | Corsair ML120/140 Pro | Corsiar Commander Mini

Full specs at http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?303815-BassMaster

5 hours ago, CPotter said:

good luck to everyone

the winner will get an awsome hightech gift

Would have so much fun playing games and wathing movies with my friends in college. Rooms here are small so short throw projector would be ideal! Good luck everyone, but I hope I win too :).

Geez this thing looks awesome!

Looks awesome for bringing party games out of the living room. Or just watching Netflix on the side of the house while doing some porch drinking.

Such a awesome design so close to the wall but massive screen size 

omg, wth, i don't want it, i need it. i would use this, all by myself, cuz i have no friends, rip. guys pls; this is the ultimate friendmaker - it'll make my dream come true. also my rabbit died last week. skrt

this would be great to bring to sports parties or GOT viewings. Does it have screw holes on the bottom that allows you to mount it to the ceiling because that would be great for a movie room feel without needing a big room. 

Awesome projector! Would love to play some games with it on my freshly painted wall