First ever use of killer robots during Dallas Tragedy

Ben Marin
5 minutes ago, apm said:

i cant wait for terrorists to drop a bomb with a drone.

no more suicide bombings.. ;)

i wonder why noone even tried it, with drones being that cheap.

Drones are cheap and easily accessible in western society. In the middle of Kabul though, getting your hands on a drone is a lot more difficult.

And frankly, for a terrorist? A martyr is cheaper and more plentiful then a drone. And the fact that they "die" for the cause, is more valuable then the simple explosion itself.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

true, but its probably as easy to take a drone with you in the middle of the city and fly it as having a suicide vest on you.

i was mainly talking about the west

just imagine a western terrorist group without the completely retarded shit like martyrdom etc.

that could be some scary shit.

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

While that might work in a country with extremely strong gun control laws, where your regular citizen doesn't have a gun, nor do they carry one around for self defence.

But that would never work in America. Some dude tries to mug you with a knife, and you shoot him in self defence (legal in the US), you'd be "disintegrated"? I think the gun carrying population of the US would like that even less than gun control laws :P

Not to mention that it's basically a fantasy. What technology exists to make that even remotely feasible or practical?

i'm expecting for the U.S. government to push military drones with every mass shooting, there will be many against at first, but slowly the majority will cave in to fear and want safety ; it will be probably controlled by a human at first and then later on the decisions will be made by the AI.

i'm not expecting stuff like city defense system to be put in place any time soon ; but it's something that will be considered to completely eliminate violent "crime"

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I don't know why everyone is like " OMFG *********** THEY SEND A ROBOOOOOT..."

If you've seen Terminator, eventually, robots gonna kill people. Duh.

As someone who've been in a FRC robot competition as a team chief mechanics, I must say it's quite a sad sight to see our technology are not helping the betterment of mankind, rather helping its self-destruction and self-fueled justice.