What's the direct upgrade from the FiiO E10?

Bluethulhu

oh :S, what would be the best headphones that run with the o2/odac for under 400? 

I tend to like a more fun sound, but what do you prefer?

(The Magni is said to be able to handle orthos just not the HE-6, although that's on their website and is a bit biased)

Send me a PM instead of messaging me on this thread, it's probably annoying everyone else.

High end headphones' price don't fluctuate. I saw the LCD-2's for $749 for black friday and it won't be that low until next black Friday. Maybe.

$795 but who's counting :D (My bank account sure did, OUCH)

I know what you are trying to say, and please don't take this as an offensive, but we've tried numerous products in the sub $100 for DAC's. We've come up short on almost everything we've tried. If there was something better, I would sell it.

Here are the specs, vs a DAC1 ($1000 benchmark DAC). The ODAC beats or matches it in nearly every category. If you know of any DAC like that, please show me i'd be very interested in it.

2292854_orig.jpg

Well, does JDSLabs's C5D work in a desktop amp fashion?  Or do you have to charge the battery and then use it as a portable or some nonsense?

I am very well aware about that review, but with ALL audio products you always have someone hating and someone loving it. There are a lot of people really liking the uDac. Also there have been several improvements made since the time of that review.

"Design by ear" companies like Nuforce and Schiit make poor design decisions that lead to either poor, defective, or downright dangerous products.  The "love it" crowd is usually confined to head-fi in most cases with headphone related equipment.  Nuforce has a LONG history of poor designs, however:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/nuforce-cdp-8-cd-player-measurements

>"picket fence"

how quaint

I think I've explained Schiit enough times now.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

$795 but who's counting :D (My bank account sure did, OUCH)

Well, does JDSLabs's C5D work in a desktop amp fashion? Or do you have to charge the battery and then use it as a portable or some nonsense?

"Design by ear" companies like Nuforce and Schiit make poor design decisions that lead to either poor, defective, or downright dangerous products. The "love it" crowd is usually confined to head-fi in most cases with headphone related equipment. Nuforce has a LONG history of poor designs, however:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/nuforce-cdp-8-cd-player-measurements

>"picket fence"

how quaint

I think I've explained Schiit enough times now.

No the c5d can be used as a desktop amp, but that kind of defeats the point doesn't it?

I was torn between the E10 and the E17, I ended up going for the E17 to pair with my HD558s, but it's on back order and I won't be able to give a valid opinion on how it performs until early next month with the HD558s :(

#!