Microsoft wants your help to Make PC Gaming Great Again!

AlTech
30 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Ahah games for Windows live, what a wonderful piece of software, I gave up on replaying GTA IV on my PC because of that!

and i had to just deal with it because of my love for Age of Empires (AoEO 4 ever!). Good thing they moved it to steam later on

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yay! See! Everybody hating on Windows 10 can stop cos they care about making it better.

you mean like MS ignoring users request for tabs on explorer on the feedback app?

much care, many better, wow w10

How to make W10 better:

kill off UWP, kill off Windows Store, make telemetry and data collection opt-in, add the most requested feature by the users you supposedly listen to and not just delete it cause it's not what you want to listen, bring back option to manually check for updates

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

40 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

and i had to just deal with it because of my love for Age of Empires (AoEO 4 ever!). Good thing they moved it to steam later on

Even when bought on steam you need gfwl though

4 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Even when bought on steam you need gfwl though

only for login, the gfwl client was no longer required to launch the game

Step 1) Stop going fucking back on bullshit like "All xbone games on PC....Not really just the E3 announcements"

Step 2) Stop trying to force Windows 10 to happen. Be happy with the coversion rate you have and let PC gamers choose if and when they want to take advantage of DX12 additional performance and features.

Step 3) Profit.

Seriously is not that hard not to be motherfucking Evil MS.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Microsoft, Trump of the Operating System..

Lemme Put that FireWall up, :| 

Details separate people.

Q: What would improve your PC gaming experience? What changes or new features would make it better?

me: more Vulkan games

Q: Now, specifically thinking about the operating system on your gaming PC, what changes or features can you think of that would make the gaming experience even better?

me: WDDM2 & DX12 for W7

Q: Which of the following words and characteristics do you associate with each of the following brands?

me:

• Windows & MicroSoft - Never heard of brand
  • PlayStation - Innovative    Unique    Good Value    Reliable    Quality    Performance    For everyone    For gamers

xD

I don't mind this, it's opt-in.

Unlike the rest of the syping they do on us

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Step 1) Stop going fucking back on bullshit like "All xbone games on PC....Not really just the E3 announcements"

Step 2) Stop trying to force Windows 10 to happen. Be happy with the coversion rate you have and let PC gamers choose if and when they want to take advantage of DX12 additional performance and features.

Step 3) Profit.

Seriously is not that hard not to be motherfucking Evil MS.

Tell that to Satya Nadella

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 hours ago, Minibois said:

They probably just want some data they can show at some business conference later, about how all Microsoft Studio published games on PC and Xbox One will do super duper good.

I'm a little skeptical, because they have promised numerous times they wanted to make PC gaming/take it serious, but nothing really came from it. Cool that they seem to care now.. But I'm not gonna hype it up.

The fact that they're bringing their games to steam is a massive change of direction, one that I love.

"Microsoft wants your help to make pc gaming great again"
They should be able to do it without our help but whatever!

How are they NOT able to do it on their own? They made DX12 which is an amazing piece of tech so i don't see why they need our help.

They know what we want but they can't just give a single damn.

We want the old sh*t you made, k? Not that hard MS... But whatever they don't care!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

48 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

The fact that they're bringing their games to steam is a massive change of direction, one that I love.

Not so fast, they still can pull a trick that steam just starts the store on win 10(yes, it will require that hunk of junk) then that junk starts the gimped ""modern"" version of the game. If you dont believe me just wait...

Remember, it is Microsoft we are talking here. They won't make PC gaming and never will be.

All they want is your personal and private data like how many times a day you wank and which pr0n sites you love to visit.

"Microsoft wants your help to make PC Gaming great"...... LOOOOOOL not in a million years!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Well that's what they have said they will do. They haven't actually done it yet. How many times have they talked about improving PC gaming, just for it to end up being empty promises?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice. Shame on me.

Fool me ~20 times. Holy crap I got to be a real idiot to keep falling for it.

4 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Not so fast, they still can pull a trick that steam just starts the store on win 10(yes, it will require that hunk of junk) then that junk starts the gimped ""modern"" version of the game. If you dont believe me just wait...

Hey Ubisoft sells their games on Steam...then fucking forces you to use uplay anyway.

What's to say Microsoft won't do the same? Purchase on Steam, then windows store launches up before because fuck you*, that's why.

*Not you personally, just a saying.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I truly hope they do focus more on PC gaming and PC overall. More work on UWA needed, enough with multi-platform, porting, streaming games. Just, sucks.
Focus on PC OS support, features people ask, want, need. Screw console, just make XB branded PC using non-custom desktop hardware and W10 with additional console UI.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Microsoft can help improve pc gaming by not creating another xbox for windows live piece of garbage, and releasing their games on steam. If they just follow those two simple steps (and they've already promised they are doing the second one), and continue to simplify DX12 programming, that is all the contributing from microsoft anyone can ask for.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

10 hours ago, CommandMan7 said:

Of course it helps lower power devices, but I simply don't believe it can manage a large number (200+) programs on 8GB of RAM due to Windows 10 using RAM much more liberally than previous windows. Of course this drastically speeds up normal usage but under heavy usage the performance chokes on 8GB compared to Windows 7.

Windows 7 released in 2009.  At that time, 8GB of RAM was enthusiast level, not common.  Most had 4GB or even 2GB or less of RAM.

It's now 2016 and most laptops are shipping with 8GB of RAM, so of course Windows 10 is going to use it more liberally.

You're complaining that a new OS which is built for today's technology can't run as well on the same amount of RAM as the nearly 7 year old OS it's replacing.  What a dumb argument.

It's like getting mad that your GPU doesn't run new games as well as it did 6 years ago.

System:  i7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 | Gigabyte GA-Z170N Gaming 5 ITX 

Corsair SF600 SFX PSU Seagate 2TB HDD, 1TB SSHD | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Boot DriveSilverstone ML08B-H |

3 hours ago, Autoimmunity said:

Windows 7 released in 2009.  At that time, 8GB of RAM was enthusiast level, not common.  Most had 4GB or even 2GB or less of RAM.

It's now 2016 and most laptops are shipping with 8GB of RAM, so of course Windows 10 is going to use it more liberally.

You're complaining that a new OS which is built for today's technology can't run as well on the same amount of RAM as the nearly 7 year old OS it's replacing.  What a dumb argument.

It's like getting mad that your GPU doesn't run new games as well as it did 6 years ago.

Yes I am complaining about it. At the end of the day, it makes Windows 10 worse than Windows 7 performance, in my specific case. Why shouldn't I get angry about that? 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

11 hours ago, zMeul said:

Q: What would improve your PC gaming experience? What changes or new features would make it better?

me: more Vulkan games

Q: Now, specifically thinking about the operating system on your gaming PC, what changes or features can you think of that would make the gaming experience even better?

me: WDDM2 & DX12 for W7

Q: Which of the following words and characteristics do you associate with each of the following brands?

me:

• Windows & MicroSoft - Never heard of brand
  • PlayStation - Innovative    Unique    Good Value    Reliable    Quality    Performance    For everyone    For gamers

xD

Not in a million years.

DX12 is Windows 10 Exclusive and so is WDDM2.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I once saw a post which links every single time Microsoft said they cared for PC gaming. It was quite a comprehensive list with 20~ links lol. Can't find it right now unfortunately.

Also, I honestly can't recall the last thing Microsoft did which was great for PC gaming... Although I could recall plenty of things that they did which made it worse :dry:

26 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

I once saw a post which links every single time Microsoft said they cared for PC gaming. It was quite a comprehensive list with 20~ links lol. Can't find it right now unfortunately.

Also, I honestly can't recall the last thing Microsoft did which was great for PC gaming... Although I could recall plenty of things that they did which made it worse :dry:

there you go