ASRock and BMW build a Gaming PC!

Culligan Man

M8_pop_2.gifM8_pop2.jpgM8_web_Chassis_Design_img_6.jpg

A : Power Supply Unit (450W)
B : Standard Mini-ITX Motherboard (Z87-M8)
C : Standard PCIe x16 VGA card Holder
D : Hard Disk Drive Tray
E : ODD + 2.5” SSD/HDD Tray

Standard Mini-ITX Case for Endless Upgrade Options
M8 is not your typical gaming rig, it has everything packed within a standard mini-ITX sized case with advanced flexibility for future upgrades. Gamers may customize their own gaming machine, including the PCIe x16 graphics card, mini-ITX motherboard, CPU, memory, 1 set of 3.5" hard drive or 4 sets of 2.5" solid state drives and even other components. M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_6-2.jpg
Streamline Build with
Aluminum Alloy
Robustly built with 2.5mm of aluminum alloy, the chassis exudes the elegance of simplicity, meanwhile the red and black color scheme screams out hardcore gaming.   M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_1.jpg   M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_1-2.jpg
M8_web_Side_Cover_1.gifM8_web_Side_Cover_2.gif   Magnetic Case Design

Employing grade N48 magnets to hold the case together, this innovative design makes it easier for users to quickly disassemble or assemble the chassis.

Plus an uniquely designed set of keys to ensure all of the components are sitting safely inside the chassis.

M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_41.jpg

Handles for Portability
Sturdy aluminum handles on both sides of the case for advanced portability.   M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_3.jpg
M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_4.jpg   Creative Front Panel Design

A cunningly designed hidden front panel which includes a 4 in 1 card reader (SD3.0 / MMC / MS / MS PRO) plus microphone and headphone jacks.

Intensive Heat Dissipation Mechanisms
For the system to remain cool while gaming, there's a total of 4 quiet built in chassis fans that suck in cold air and pump out the heat simultaneously.   M8_web_Chassis_Design_img_5.jpg

ASRock and BMW Group DesignworksUSA collaborated on a small form factor (SFF) system called M8 that offers "unstoppable gaming" and lots of other hyperbole, though before we get into the nuts and bolts of the machine, a little background is in order. ASRock, as you probably already know, is a player in the PC space and was originally formed as a subsidiary of Asus. It's now a part of Pegatron, which itself was spun off from Asus. 

What do you get when you
cross an OLED display panel
with a multipurpose controller
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03.jpg

What do you get when you
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02ex.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03_Volume.jpg Volume

Increase/decrease the volume level by turning the knob right/left. 

What do you get when you
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02ex.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03_mode.jpg Mode

Toggle among three power management modes: Eco, Standard or Speed.

What do you get when you
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02ex.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03_info.jpg Info

Toggle among various types of critical information to check the system’s status. The OLED screen shows the CPU frequency, CPU usage, LAN usage, or APM* data.

What do you get when you
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02ex.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03_Light.jpg Light

Turn on/off the light in the case, or enable Good Night LED*.
On: Turn on the light in the case.
Off: Turn off the light in the case. All off: Turn off the light in the case; enable Good Night LED.

What do you get when you
on your computer case?
A-Command ! M8_web_acommand_m01.jpg   M8_web_acommand_m02ex.jpg     M8_web_acommand_m03_time.jpg Time Turn the time on/off. If this option is set to on, the M8 Logo / Date and Time screens are available. If this option is set to off, the M8 Logo / Date and Time screens are hidden.

M8_web_spces_T1.jpg

M8_web_spces_img1.jpg

Color   Storm Black Material   Steel Body / Aluminum + Plastic

Dimension   372mm (W) x 123mm (H) x 400mm (L)

Motherboard   ASRock Z87-M8

CPU   Supports 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Xeon® / Pentium® / Celeron® Processor Family

Memory   Supports DDR3 1600/1333/1066 MHz, 2 x SO-DIMM slots, Max. up to 16GB

VGA   Supports 1 x Dual-slot Graphics Card*

Optical Drive   1 x Slim Slot-in Super-Multi Drive

Hard Disk   Supports 3.5"HDD and 2.5"HDD WiFi + BT   2T2R WiFi 802.11 ac + BT v4.0 Front I/O   4 x USB 3.0, 1 x MIC, 1 x Headphone,
4-in-1 Card reader (SD3.0/MMC/MS/MS PRO)

Rear I/O   1 x 7.1HD audio with Creative Sound Core3D,
1 x Intel Gigabit LAN, 4 x USB3.0, 4 x USB2.0,
1 x eSATA2, 1 x DP, 1 x HDMI
All-In-One OLED Button   A-Command Coolin   Top : 2 x 70mm fan, Bottom : 2 x 70mm fan Power Supply   SFX PSU 450W

Linus @ 4:40 - 8:07

The M8 is coming soon, though ASRock didn't spill the beans on price.

I love small form factor beast PC so I would love to pick on of these up. What do you think?

Thanks for reading and Have a Good Day.

via http://www.asrock.com/microsite/m8/Chassis_Design.html

Already discussed long ago during the Computex event

But it's SOOOOOO practical!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It was shown at Computex, and that window is disgusting.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thats i really interesting. Like the look its cool. If only i could have a better gpu in it.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

My god that's an ugly case .

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

I think it looks neat.

Random question, though. Why is it that a premium brand like BMW teams up with "B brands"? ASRock isn't Foxconn or anything, but it isn't Asus (I see ASRock as Scion is to Toyota - I know they are under Asus), Gigabyte or MSI. Same goes for their Level 10 thing with Thermaltake. Why no partnership with Lian Li, Silverstone, CaseLabs or Corsair?

cool but pass

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I really can't get into the BMW aesthetic on all these peripherals and cases they've worked on. I guess they're just not my style.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I want to buy it and then strip out the asrock crud.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

That case just no and this is coming from a red/black freak

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Wow some people love this case some people hate it.

Also Linus covered this at CompuTex most of you should already know about this

I am confused, does this come with a motherboard?

or are they just selling a case+power supply unit, such as how some of the itx cases are

also, how would one cool their processor with this?

It doesn't look like there'll be a whole lot of space for cpu coolers. Could the standard cooler even fit in there?

Steam machine located.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I like BMW as a car and "peripheral" designer/maker.

I just really hate the window... 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I want to buy it and then strip out the asrock crud.

Why does everyone hate ASRock?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

It looks very nice.... except for that side window, Ugh!

Why does everyone hate ASRock?

To be fair, when it comes to motherboards, I only ever get Asus or gigabyte. I don't trust any others.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

To be fair, when it comes to motherboards, I only ever get Asus or gigabyte. I don't trust any others.

I too would rather have Asus or Gigabyte in my system, you're not alone. :P 

I would buy this, but i don't have a single reason for a MATX build.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you sure they are building a PC or just a case ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Its a love or hate thing, personal i love it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ugly!!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard