Pokemon Go

Surprised to see no active threads to Pokemon Go (just a quick search).

For those who don't know there is a new app out that is amazing!

Honestly I have not touched the last few generations of Pokemon. Anything after the DS came out just didnt feel right to me, but to each their own.

This is a new itteration of the beloved original in app form. 

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth! 
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.

Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!

Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.

Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.

Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.

It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!

K0nTe1vRNUcTz8WD6s9z0-bdRQEx_HBjy7A2im20

Who among you have downloaded it?

What do you think?

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

I played during the beta and it was pretty cool. I didn't have anyone to play with me then and I might have someone to go out and look for pokemon with me now, so that would make it more fun. Overall it's a pretty cool game and I hope it inspires people to get out and moving. It's an opportunity for a lot of people to be inspired to make a positive change in their lives.

Server issues right now are making things less cool, but I'm hopeful they'll have it sorted out soon and hopefully it doesn't turn too many people off of the game altogether.

Went out and grabbed a few Gyms, got home and all of my Pokemans have been returned. I guess people in my area are pretty into this game.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Its such an addictive and fun game. What team has everyone joined??

32 minutes ago, XMB_BROOKSBY said:

Blue team, here. :P

On 7/9/2016 at 11:44 AM, skywake said:

Went out and grabbed a few Gyms, got home and all of my Pokemans have been returned. I guess people in my area are pretty into this game.

You're lucky to have Gyms nearby, although there are plenty of Ingress portals in my area all I can find on Pokemon GO is a Pokéstop which is 1KM away from my house :( 

1 hour ago, alfa42 said:

Blue team, here. :P

How many teams are there? 2 Teams? 

How do you join one, haven't found that option yet.

2 minutes ago, GoldenBE said:

You're happy to have Gyms nearby, altough there are plenty of Ingress portals in my area all I can find on Pokemon GO is a Pokéstop which is 1KM away from my house :( 

Damn, that must suck. I have 2 pokestops and a gym right outside my house. There are also 12 pokestops and 2 gyms in total in my small town (all within a 1KM range).

2 minutes ago, GoldenBE said:

How many teams are there? 2 Teams? 

How do you join one, haven't found that option yet.

There are 3 teams, you select one when you reach level 5 and click on a gym. You also can't change team. I'm red.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

1 minute ago, tomaatvk said:

Damn, that must suck. I have 2 pokestops and a gym right outside my house. There are also 12 pokestops and 2 gyms in total in my small town (all within a 1KM range).

There are 3 teams, you select one when you reach level 5 and click on a gym. You also can't change team. I'm red.

I'm currently lvl 3 because I used an Incense ( which spawns pokémons near you ) which is the only way for me to find pokémon without driving somewhere. I'll try tomorrow at my work so see if there are more things to do there. 

Its taken off pretty hard in australia. I was like nah im not gonna do this but I was pressured into it. Its really not that bad but just the sheer number of people having the app and roaming around the public is scary. The city is just packed with people looking at their phones and playing this game at landmarks.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Sorry for messing up the topic but I am a huge fan of Pokemon and I can't download Pokemon Go in my country. Does anyone know the reason??

54 minutes ago, PaNdRaGoN said:

Sorry for messing up the topic but I am a huge fan of Pokemon and I can't download Pokemon Go in my country. Does anyone know the reason??

So far it's only available in the US, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Don't worry though, support for other countries is coming soon.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

3 minutes ago, MDPS said:

So far it's only available in the US, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Don't worry though, support for other countries is coming soon.

Thank you a lot man I was expecting this game a lot and now I am relieved :)

21 hours ago, XMB_BROOKSBY said:

Me and few friends join team Yello.

Does anyone here know about any Third party apps or sites that I can use to find poke stops and landmarks in my local area?

43 minutes ago, Fannypackman209 said:

Does anyone here know about any Third party apps or sites that I can use to find poke stops and landmarks in my local area?

https://pokiego.com/map

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

There are so many drops in downtown areas, honestly I have been to downtown Nashville TN many times but through the app I actually see landmarks that are hidden just because of not paying attention. Blue team representing though I enjoy meeting other players at lure modules and drops! 

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

downgrading to android 6.0 just for this game :) btw does anyone know if you can catch other starter pokemons in the game? 

You can only catch the original 3 starters and pikachu for now- its only original series this far

Yup, just Kanto minus legendaries right now.

On 7/7/2016 at 3:29 PM, forthe48 said:

I played during the beta and it was pretty cool. I didn't have anyone to play with me then and I might have someone to go out and look for pokemon with me now, so that would make it more fun.

Depending on where you're located, you probably just go exploring with a stranger you encounter--just did that yesterday. 

On 7/10/2016 at 2:42 AM, XMB_BROOKSBY said:

Red.

12 hours ago, Fannypackman209 said:

I think the number of pokestops is based off of data usage in the area. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I thought they just imported the Points of Interest from Ingress? 

At least that was the explanation for one of the Pokestops located in the middle of a strip club in Toronto (there was a reddit thread about that)

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Depending on where you're located, you probably just go exploring with a stranger you encounter--just did that yesterday. 

Red.

The PokeStops are based on Ingress portals, as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

The PokeStops are based on Ingress portals, as far as I know.

That also makes a lot of sense. I've heard different things so I don't really know what they really draw from.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I had heard that they were planning to add more Ingress portals because Go has had more users and they are adjusting for more (but just rumor)