AMD Takes The CPU Performance Crown For The First Time in Almost a Decade.

Can everyone stop being fanny troubled?!?! WHO IS RUSTLING YOUR JIMMIES?!?!

OEuac.jpg

EDIT: I am proud to have this be one of the most liked comments in this thread.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

if you OC the 3960x to 5GHz as the 9590 is, then it'll be ahead, you do realize that a 1.5GHz difference is quite a lot right? Not knowing that makes you look like the retarded one tbh

but each have their limits. im just saying just because one CPU gets to 5ghz and another gets to 4GHZ that doesnt mean anything anymore.

aaaaaand then the 4960X kills everything.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

clock speeds stoppped being a thing back in the P4, when comparing intel and AMD that is. its more about actual architecture now..... the fact that you brought up clock speeds in the first place makes u the retarded one tbh

Your telling a pro bench marker  clock speeds don't matter? Maybe u need to get all that wood outa ur pc son, and prolly ur head too.

It's really funny how the second someone posts "AMD wins at 'x' " 1/2 of the people reading the thread get so immensely butthurt, one could think you just rode a bicycle race without a seat -.-

Fear of "possibly not having made the right decision?" worrying for "social acceptance"?

Be glad there is more competition coming. Right now, Intel has released 3x identical performance with declining power draw [fine for all I care] but much worse overclockability [a bad thing!],

This is a good thing for Intel and AMD users.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I think the reason for excluding the Ivy and Haswell chips is silly, you don't need as high an overclock on a Ivy or Haswell to be faster than an overclocked Sandy, the architecture is better. Also I don't see why that was the basis for their exclusion when the chips weren't even OC'd when testing. Another thing which still makes me laugh really hard is how high the AMD clocks have to be to "beat" a two year intel architecture by 1-3 FPS. This whole test is a joke, what are you going to compare them to next? a core 2 quad?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's really funny how the second someone posts "AMD wins at 'x' " 1/2 of the people reading the thread get so immensely butthurt, one could think you just rode a bicycle race without a seat -.-

I smell Frank Sinatra in this....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

"!=" means "unequal"

I looked up those symbols together. Google gave me nothing. I got absolutely nothing in the search results.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I wouldn't recommend the 9590 either, however I'd go for an 8350 & just overclock that to 4.8Ghz, spend more on the graphics, $300 can get a second card to Crossfire or SLI.

i have 8350 with crossfire 7970s. friend has one 7970 and an 3570k, he gets way better frames. Amd cpus are very bad at large multiplayer games like bf3 and bf4. Intel 4770k is what im upgrading to

I looked up those symbols together. Google gave me nothing. I got absolutely nothing in the search results.

He means this > 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I think the reason for excluding the Ivy and Haswell chips is silly, you don't need as high an overclock on a Ivy or Haswell to be faster than an overclocked Sandy, the architecture is better. Also I don't see why that was the basis for their exclusion when the chips weren't even OC'd when testing. Another thing which still makes me laugh really hard is how high the AMD clocks have to be to "beat" a two year intel architecture by 1-3 FPS. This whole test is a joke, what are you going to compare them to next? a core 2 quad?

I'm pretty sure bulldozer is around 2 years old, too.

=/= that's unequal

Ty a brain finally!

No insults. It goes against the CoC. If it continues, I will report the thread. This goes for everyone.

i apologies for my language

i sure hope that amd can outperform intel. That would be awesome for both intel and amd users. On intel side we can have REAL performance improvements, and cheaper 6 core's

But lets be reallistic here. The 9590 is a overclocked 8350, and the 3930 is at stock speeds, like the rest of intel cpus of the list

Yeah!!! I wonder if I overclocked to 5.5GHz if I could beat that score.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

You think comparing commercial products on the basis of price is a joke ?

That's exactly what they did & they should be commended for it, rarely do you see a website doing CPU performance benchmarks, includes this much data & this much varied sample of products.

=/= that's unequal

He means this > 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C%2B%2B [same for java]

you obviously don't code.

My class started two weeks ago ^^ Need some more CP outside my major, and "introduction to Coding" is 6 O.o need :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Your telling a pro bench marker  clock speeds don't matter? Maybe u need to get all that wood outa ur pc son, and prolly ur head too.

omg. ok if it did matter so much why arent AMD cpu's at 5ghz beating all of intels cpu's? well thats because IT DOESNT MATTER. if use the same CPU and overclock it than yes it does matter but 1Ghz from intel =/=1GHz from AMD is all im saying. 

people are  confused in this thread. people think im being a fanboy to AMD. just want intel fanboys to realize that AMD is a contender and to get their facts straight.

You think comparing commercial products on the basis of price is a joke ?

That's exactly what they did & they should be commended for it, rarely do you see a website doing CPU performance benchmarks, includes this much data & this much varied sample of products.

No it isn't but who would go out and buy a 2500k/2600k with Ivy and Haswell out when it's a known fact that they are faster for the same price. AMD hasn't lanched anything new aside from the 9370/9590 and some APU's while Intel has launched two new lines of CPU's in the time AMD has spent fooling around with whatever their arc is called these days.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i think google uses the ! symbol in their search as a function. ithink thats why u cant look it up

Guys all the 9000 series cpus are OVERCLOCKED 8350s and 8320s. Those k series intel chips will beat them if they are overclocked as well. I would much rather have a 3970x than a 9590 that will run as hot as hell.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.