AMD Takes The CPU Performance Crown For The First Time in Almost a Decade.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

In the graph above, the AMD processors outperformed their Intel counterparts in every price segment.

FX 9590 @$499  >  i7 3930K @$549
FX 9370 @$299  >  i7 2600K @$329
FX 8350 @$199  >  i5 2500K @$219
FX 6300 @$119  >  i3 2100    @$119

Essentially, you can buy an FX 8320 processor for $150. buy a good CPU cooler for $60 and overclock the processor to 4.4Ghz, this will give you FX 9370/3930K performance because the FX 8320 is exactly the same as the 8350, 9370 & 9590, the only difference between these processors is clock speed.
That comes out to a total of $210, that's $340 less expensive than the 3930K & $100 less expensive than the FX 9370.

High-end gaming CPUs have never been less expensive.

I'm going to bet that we're going to start seeing more and more games favor the AMD CPUs in the near future.
Crysis 3 & Farcry 3 already support eight cores, BF4 is poised to be optimized even more for 8 cores through Mantle.
Activision & Ubisoft games will also optimize for eight cores.
far%20cry%20proz.png

So for gaming, it would make a hell of a lot of sens eto go for AMD 8 cores now especially if you want to "future proof" if ever such a thing existed.
The fact that they're significantly less expensive than their Intel counterparts & the fact they're all unlocked for overclocking makes an AMD gaming platform very attractive, the $200 you would save by going with an FX 8320 for example instead of a 3770K or a 4770K can go into your graphics, and upgrade you from a 7970 to an R9 290 or from a 770 to a 780 & give you even more & more  performance.

For the folks that would wonder about Ivy Bridge & Haswell performance, the performance per clock improvements of both Haswell & Ivy Bridge CPUs are counteracted by their subsequent lower maximum clock speeds, a 2500K for example can be overclocked to 4.8Ghz and on the same cooling on average you're going to get 4.5Ghz out of a 3570K & 4.2Ghz out of a 4670K.

YEAH!! AMD B***HES!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Intel: okay AMD war have begun!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yeah no, if i had money i'd go intel. the 4770k is faster than the 8350 and the 4960x sure is a hell of a lot faster in everything

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

also think about the fact both next gen consoles are using 8 core amd processors. 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

I'd just get a 4930K instead of a 9590. I'd save lots of money and I have room for overclocking. That 9590 isn't going to run cool.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd just get a 4930K instead of a 9590. I'd save lots of money and I have room for overclocking. That 9590 isn't going to run cool.

I wouldn't recommend the 9590 either, however I'd go for an 8350 & just overclock that to 4.8Ghz, spend more on the graphics, $300 can get a second card to Crossfire or SLI.

Yeah no, if i had money i'd go intel. the 4770k is faster than the 8350 and the 4960x sure is a hell of a lot faster in everything

why u heff to be such a fanboy. cant u love AMD for being a better solution in some cases?

Intel: okay AMD war have begun!

The war has been waging for years this is not the start. The last few years have just been more peaceful then other years in the war so that both sides could gather forces for stronger attacks. 

On the subject of the chart it still seems a little unfair to put a 2500k against the 8350. Just because of the lower OC performance doesn't mean a 2500 or 2600 are just as powerful as a new haswell chip. And the 9590? The 4960x kills that thing in every possible benchmark

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

No it is not, unless you're talking about synthetics which have no significance in the real world what so ever & are often baked to favor intel, it's also SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive, it's like saying yeah the 8350 destroys the i3 2100, well yeah, it's $100 more expensive.

why u heff to be such a fanboy. cant u love AMD for being a better solution in some cases?

im no fanboy but saying AMD takes the performance crown is bs when even a 4770k performs better in 99% of the time than an 8350.

A game being optimized for a cpu doesnt mean that cpu is better when it loses in everything else ( rendering, gaming in non optimized games and blabla)

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

AMD's best solution right now is the APU which isn't listed in that chart anywhere. None of their high level cards can compare to intel's offering.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

No it is not, unless you're talking about synthetics which have no significance in the real world what so ever & are often baked to favor intel, it's also SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive, it's like saying yeah the 8350 destroys the i3 2100, well yeah, it's $100 more expensive.

Well yeah they are more expensive but the title didnt mention price, only performance.

The war has been waging for years this is not the start. The last few years have just been more peaceful then other years in the war so that both sides could gather forces for stronger attacks. 

On the subject of the chart it still seems a little unfair to put a 2500k against the 8350. Just because of the lower OC performance doesn't mean a 2500 or 2600 are just as powerful as a new haswell chip. And the 9590? The 4960x kills that thing in every possible benchmark

The 4960X costs TWICE as much a 9590.

And the 9590 beat the 3970X which is 2-3% slower than the 4960X.

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FD9590FHHKWOF-FX-9590-FX-Series-Edition/dp/B00DGGW3MI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380837347&sr=8-2&keywords=9590

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-4960X-Extreme-Processors-BX80633I74960X/dp/B00EMHM6JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380837358&sr=8-1&keywords=4960X

I wouldn't recommend the 9590 either, however I'd go for an 8350 & just overclock that to 4.8Ghz, spend more on the graphics, $300 can get a second card to Crossfire or SLI.

not going to happen.

All the good 8-core piledriver chips have been binned out so the odds of randomly getting an 8350 that can go to 4.8 is not likely.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

im no fanboy but saying AMD takes the performance crown is bs when even a 4770k performs better in 99% of the time than an 8350.

A game being optimized for a cpu doesnt mean that cpu is better when it loses in everything else ( rendering, gaming in non optimized games and blabla)

u seem really butthurt for some reason and i dont know why..... all this picture shows is that AMD has the best CPU for BF4 nothing else.... and the fact that it costs alot less makes it the obvious choice in THIS scenario. 

and if costs dont matter why arent we comparing server gfrade hardware too? cost always matters

not going to happen.

All the good 8-core piledriver chips have been binned out so the odds of randomly getting an 8350 that can go to 4.8 is not likely.

That's utterly untrue, the 9590s & 9370s have stock voltages of over 1.48v to achieve 4.4 & 4.7Ghz respectively on all cores under full load.

An 8350 chip that requires 1.48v to get to 4.4Ghz is considered bad, on average 8350s have always been able to achieve 4.8-5.0Ghz on 1.5v.

9370s are 8320s with higher clocks & higher voltages, 9590s are 8350s with higher clocks & higher voltages.

AMD's best solution right now is the APU which isn't listed in that chart anywhere. None of their high level cards can compare to intel's offering.

oh yea. IMO u either go intel if u get the 4770k or higher. anything less than that ill go AMD. the price to performance ratio is too good

u seem really butthurt for some reason and i dont know why..... all this picture shows is that AMD has the best CPU for BF4 nothing else.... and the fact that it costs alot less makes it the obvious choice in THIS scenario. 

and if costs dont matter why arent we comparing server gfrade hardware too? cost always matters

you obviously dont know what butthurt is,,,

The tittle doesnt say AMD delivers better performance in BF4 but "AMD takes the cpu performance crown for the first time in almost a decade", huge difference in meaning

That is BS the 3970x is better than the 9590 in everything except maybe the BF4 beta that is optimized for amd chips so that isn't really a fair comparison. Once BF4 is optimized for intel CPUs then this chart will look a lot different

That is BS the 3970x is better than the 9590 in everything except maybe the BF4 beta that is optimized for amd chips so that isn't really a fair comparison. Once BF4 is optimized for intel CPUs then this chart will look a lot different

BF4 is already optimized for intel, that's why you see the 3930K outperforming the 2600K by a significant margin, if it wasn't optimized you would not see scaling of performance with more cores.

You better get used to it, all future games will be optimized for the AMD CPUs.

Also keep in mind that the 9590 beat the 3970X with a 60% load ! that's less than 6 cores !

It seems like they picked a very strange resolution. I'm guessing they used weird setting that most people wouldn't use so that the 9590 beat the 3970X/3930K by a small margin.