Ammendment to Community Standards and more

AlTech

@Windspeed36

Can we please make plagiarism not acceptable in the Community Standards?

Same for swearing and posting garbage topics which are pointless.

And also, I feel some of us more experienced people who are more mature than a lot of the others should be allowed a formal application process to be a mod and if allowed then put on a waiting list.

I feel like some of the people who have been here for a while know the culture, know what is right and wrong and would be able to help more as mods. Otherwise it would be nice to have assistant mods if you're not sure whether to trust them with all the responsibilities of being a mod.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Hm, I could have sworn there was something in there about that, but I just looked and there isn't now, nor was there when it was the CoC...

Although, I think we should consider the following:

• It's never been an issue for the entire time I've been here (that I can recall at least)
  • It probably counts/goes under "piracy"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hm, I could have sworn there was something in there about that, but I just looked and there isn't now, nor was there when it was the CoC...

Although, I think we should consider the following:

• It's never been an issue for the entire time I've been here (that I can recall at least)
  • It probably counts/goes under "piracy"

I thought there was and a while back somebody did plagiarize my Tech News post by making a post mocking it and literally changing a few words for their own agenda.

And I think we need to cut back on swearing........

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I thought there was and a while back somebody did plagiarize my Tech News post by making a post mocking it and literally changing a few words for their own agenda.

oh, never saw that. You should report it if that happens of course :) 

And there was another post about that just recently... frankly I think that's hardly an issue.  It's pretty uncommon compared to how it could be

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Swearing as in trying to describe something or attacking somone?

I tend to swear alot when describing something

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh, never saw that. You should report it if that happens of course :) 

And there was another post about that just recently... frankly I think that's hardly an issue.  It's pretty uncommon compared to how it could be

I did report it but I don't recall anything happening.

What about Garbage posts and swearing?

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Swearing as in trying to describe something or attacking somone?

I tend to swear alot when describing something

Attacking a corporation, person or creature of some sort.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I did report it but I don't recall anything happening.

What about Garbage posts and swearing?

Hm, how long ago was this?  Do you think you could link the two posts?

That's just spam and/or offensive content, both of which are already not allowed, and would be removed

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's just spam and/or offensive content, both of which are already not allowed, and would be removed

It was about Surface Phone rumor of having 256GB Storage and the other post was about the Note 6.

The guy literally copied mine and changed a few words and removed all images.

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Like saying Asus is shiet? 

f2b4c274b80a8de767793be829144984.png

Cause i just did that lmao

Well don't do it in the future unless you can help it. You never know if it will be changed.......

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well don't do it in the future unless you can help it. You never know if it will be changed.......

well

fuck

i dont think swearing is a serious issue that mods should concern themselves with

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Attacking a corporation, person or creature of some sort.

Get out. Now. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Also, no mention of Mod bit of my suggestion..........

Illuminati confirmed?

And also, I feel some of us more experienced people who are more mature than a lot of the others should be allowed a formal application process to be a mod and if allowed then put on a waiting list.

I feel like some of the people who have been here for a while know the culture, know what is right and wrong and would be able to help more as mods. Otherwise it would be nice to have assistant mods if you're not sure whether to trust them with all the responsibilities of being a mod.

I feel like swearing is something that can't be done too much with, there will always be swearing on the internet, we could however cut down on some of it. I could cut down on some of it, probably cut down on the pointless topics aswell I feel like. But for the most part pointless topics go down in the off topic and I feel like its more acceptable there, but I do understand your concern on it as pointless is pointless

plagiarism kinda falls under common sense as its commons sense not to steal someone else's work and especially when you give it of as your own work. But it should be listed non the less.

Lastly, this forum is quite big now. And I feel like having a few more mods would be a good thing. And on that note, I'd give thumbs up for @AluminiumTech if that helps any.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

3 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

well

fuck

i dont think swearing is a serious issue that mods should concern themselves with

unless it is overly unnecessarily excessive in which case it should be moved to the 'shit posting' section of the forums 

but i'm not sure who/what would be the proper judge for that 

well, considering my short span as a forum member I haven't seen many posts and/or replies with swearing. So I don't think it is a big issue now, guessing it may have been in the past.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

3 hours ago, another random person said:

well, considering my short span as a forum member I haven't seen many posts and/or replies with swearing. So I don't think it is a big issue now, guessing it may have been in the past.

I've been here for a while and I haven't seen much of anything like that, if it has happened it is rare from my experience, to others it may not be as much though, would be good to see some evidence for better referencing though 

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

:/

Don't worry, no one is going to go back through the entire forum and give warnings for things that are now in violation of a new rule, if one was created xD 

You have to obey existing rules at the time of posting, not magically predict future rules and obey those too ;) 

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Also, no mention of Mod bit of my suggestion..........

Illuminati confirmed?

How it works now is every now and then, someone will decide it's time to add more mods.  Everyone suggests a name or two and it gets discussed.  I can see having a waiting list removing the possibility of approaching someone about it and having them turn it down, but other than that I don't know how it would help.

7 minutes ago, another random person said:

I am here for quite some time and I have rarely seen anything like it. People are usually nice. Even when fanboys fight it rarely gets out of control as mods usually close the topic before it gets to that point.

From my POV this forum is lightyears ahead and is doing quite well. I'd be glad to moderate here instead of my current moderator job at circle click gaem. Jokes aside, plagiarism and shitposting are not that common here, swearing isn't a problem unless you cringe every time someone mentions "fuck" and "shit".

The use of swearing in a derogatory, offensive way to insult someone shouldn't be tolerated. AT ALL. But frankly, I haven't seen much of that in my time at the forums.

However, that shouldn't mean that swearing should be banned outright. It's the Internet, if you're too sensitive to handle such words, I can't help you there...

Plus, swearing is part of the Aussie culture. We can't help it :)

As for moderating positions, there's only one person in mind who I would definitely vote in as mod.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Oh for crying out loud... Are you still butthurt about that? 

Here are the threads for anyone interested:

And holy crap no. You should not be a mod. This post is in and of itself shows that you are not fit for it. You don't want swearing or talking bad about companies to be allowed? Let me guess, the last part should specifically be applied to Microsoft? Can't have people on a forum talking bad about companies right? Everyone here must love everything, or else you get BANNED! 

The mods didn't do anything about the "plagiarism" that one time it happened because it was barely plagiarizing anything (99% of the news threads are just copying a huge chunk of the original article and then adding 1 or 2 sentences). Oh no, someone copied two sentences and the title of your thread! Better whine about it for 4 months...

Edit:

Also, how would you define a "garbage post"? You thought it was news worthy that you could get Starbucks coupons in some app for Windows Phone, but seemed to not think that the release of Dolphin 5.0 was newsworthy. See the problem? It's subjective.

Also added a "not" that I missed.

Listen the fuck up everyone.

Can we please make plagiarism not acceptable in the Community Standards?

Same for swearing and posting garbage topics which are pointless.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ