My PC Build

Odessy

a gigabyte GA(Y) mobo, tch, that's gonna make your music sound fabulous

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Everything looks pretty good.

TDP is 352 which the 550w power supply covers at the "sweet spot" of 50-80% wattage.

Is there a keyboard on hand?

Have you looked into the G502 By Logitech?

Have you checked the clearances on the CPU cooler to make sure it'll fit?

SanDisk makes SSDs (256GB) for about the same amount of money, but that is your choice as PNY is reliable.

Do your programs benefit from the 4790's hyperthreading? If not, consider the i5-4690 non-K.

The monitor is really nice and would pair very well with the RX 480. 

All said, it looks very good.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

If you're interested in music production, you should really get a dedicated sound card, or at least a motherboard with better on board audio. Don't ask me which card to get, I've never bothered researching specific things about them and what makes one better than the other... but this would be the one area where someone should want something like that.

Other than that, I would have probably gone skylake, but if you want this build, there is certainly nothing wrong with it. decent build all around.

The Enthoo Pro M has on board USB 3.0 but your motherboard does not. Just saying...

33 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

TDP is 352 which the 550w power supply covers at the "sweet spot" of 50-80% wattage.

SanDisk makes SSDs (256GB) for about the same amount of money, but that is your choice as PNY is reliable.

Do your programs benefit from the 4790's hyperthreading? If not, consider the i5-4690 non-K.

yes, i choose cm storm quickfire rapid for my keyboard. as for the mouse, it's on the pcpartpicker list that i linked EC2-A mouse, as for the CPU i did not gonna look into that good call. now for the SSDs from SanDisk i couldn't fine any from them for the same price range or maybe i don't see it lol. good call on the processor i think i'm going to change that to the i5. if you want to make any changes feel free to as long its in the price range :)

33 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

11 minutes ago, Odessy said:

i did some changes. what do you all think bout the final build? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ayyyelmao/saved/HDfKHx

it is way worse than the first one. The i7 in the first build would wreck that i5 and the RX 480 would wreck a 960, even a 280 is better than the 960. The 960 is 100% a joke. The first build is the best.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it is way worse than the first one. The i7 in the first build would wreck that i5 and the RX 480 would wreck a 960, even a 280 is better than the 960. The 960 is 100% a joke. The first build is the best.

i'm just going by what i read online.i think i did a good job on the first 1 than for someone who doesn't know crap bout pcs haha. so if the first build dominates the 2nd build i link is there anything you would change from build 1? assuming ur highly more educated in this sort of area. 

5 minutes ago, Odessy said:

i'm just going by what i read online.i think i did a good job on the first 1 than for someone who doesn't know crap bout pcs haha. so if the first build dominates the 2nd build i link is there anything you would change from build 1? assuming ur highly more educated in this sort of area. 

I would get the CPU cooler from the second build and bump the ram speed up to 2133 MHz or 2400 MHz, you will also need to add some case fans. I know that a 550w should be able to do it, but I think that it would be nice to have maybe a 650w PSU.

This is how I would make it http://pcpartpicker.com/list/bG46XH 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I would get the CPU cooler from the second build and bump the ram speed up to 2133 MHz or 2400 MHz, you will also need to add some case fans. I know that a 550w should be able to do it, but I think that it would be nice to have maybe a 650w PSU.

oh shit forgot the fans 2 sec

9 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

someone else mentioned The Enthoo Pro M has on board USB 3.0 and the MB doesn't? & something bout the cpu if i don't plan on to hyperthreating

1 minute ago, Odessy said:

someone else mentioned The Enthoo Pro M has on board USB 3.0 and the MB doesn't?

yeah I am going to fix it, I just also saw that.

5 minutes ago, Odessy said:

someone else mentioned The Enthoo Pro M has on board USB 3.0 and the MB doesn't?

okay here is the list with a better mobo and some good case fans http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zhcWXH

6 minutes ago, Odessy said:

why so many fans?

That is not many, that is only 3 fans and you might get 1 or 2 with the case. You put 2 in the front and then 1 in the back and maybe 1 or 2 in the top and well they are better than the ones that comes with the PC. If the case comes with 2 fans then you can remove 1 of the fans.

I have 6 fans in my PC and that is also not that many...

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

That is not many, that is only 3 fans and you might get 1 or 2 with the case. You put 2 in the front and then 1 in the back and maybe 1 or 2 in the top and well they are better than the ones that comes with the PC. If the case comes with 2 fans then you can remove 1 of the fans.

I have 6 fans in my PC and that is also not that many...

i'm ready to pull the trigger but my anxiety is fucking with me i just wanna make sure i'm building a pc that will last awhile before upgrading. someone had commented bout hyperthreating the cpu & if i wasn't to go for i5-4690 non-K 

22 minutes ago, Odessy said:

i'm ready to pull the trigger but my anxiety is fucking with me i just wanna make sure i'm building a pc that will last awhile before upgrading. someone had commented bout hyperthreating the cpu & if i wasn't to go for i5-4690 non-K 

It will be nice to have a i7 because of hyperthreating, you could get a 6th gen i7 for 3$ more and if you want to OC, you can get a i7 6700k for about 40$ more.

The build would look something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WfWWXH and you will be able to OC the i7, but that build is not that well balanced if you are only going to game

People here are giving decent advice. I would check your music program and see if it benefits from hyperthreading or not. Games usually don't benefit from hyperthreading as much as they do from core speed. I changed your build a little bit by adding a wireless network card, a motherboard with a USB 3.0 header, and a different CPU cooler that will be a tiny bit smaller for better fitment inside the Enthoo case. You can switch the RAM to 4GBx2 but the prices I found don't make it justifiable so stick with the 8GBx2. You can also find keys (only the key) for sale on websites for about $30 and you'll just need to go to Microsoft's website for the Windows 10 usb key installer.

Also, one user mentioned a sound card. If the HyperX headphones include a USB dongle, it most likely has its own sound card that it uses for the 7.1 experience (judging off of my Logitech G430). 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jjL6XH

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

People here are giving decent advice. I would check your music program and see if it benefits from hyperthreading or not. Games usually don't benefit from hyperthreading as much as they do from core speed. I changed your build a little bit by adding a wireless network card, a motherboard with a USB 3.0 header, and a different CPU cooler that will be a tiny bit smaller for better fitment inside the Enthoo case. You can switch the RAM to 4GBx2 but the prices I found don't make it justifiable so stick with the 8GBx2. You can also find keys (only the key) for sale on websites for about $30 and you'll just need to go to Microsoft's website for the Windows 10 usb key installer.

Also, one user mentioned a sound card. If the HyperX headphones include a USB dongle, it most likely has its own sound card that it uses for the 7.1 experience (judging off of my Logitech G430). 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jjL6XH

yes the headsets do have 7.1 surround sound. here is everything you need to know about music production requirements because i know sht about specs lol. is that in the same range point of your build that you did? 

I looked up the HyperX headset and it does come with a dongle which would contain its own sound card bypassing the motherboard's sound card as someone mentioned assuming you'll be listening to your music through the headset and not the monitor.

7 hours ago, Odessy said:

yes the headsets do have 7.1 surround sound. here is everything you need to know about music production requirements because i know sht about specs lol. is that in the same range point of your build that you did? 

If you're referring to the build I sent you, it's simply your build that I modified with better components without leaving your budget. Someone here stated that the i7 would smoke the i5 for gaming and while true (mostly due to fire causing smoke) it's not enough to warrant an extra 100 that could go towards a better motherboard (it and the power supply are the most important parts) and GPU (get the best you can afford). With the money saved from my build you could also upgrade the PSU to a 650 which is still in the sweet spot for the 80+ Gold.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

I looked up the HyperX headset and it does come with a dongle which would contain its own sound card bypassing the motherboard's sound card as someone mentioned assuming you'll be listening to your music through the headset and not the monitor.

If you're referring to the build I sent you, it's simply your build that I modified with better components without leaving your budget. Someone here stated that the i7 would smoke the i5 for gaming and while true (mostly due to fire causing smoke) it's not enough to warrant an extra 100 that could go towards a better motherboard (it and the power supply are the most important parts) and GPU (get the best you can afford). With the money saved from my build you could also upgrade the PSU to a 650 which is still in the sweet spot for the 80+ Gold.

not sure if i want to hyperthread or not but this looks like the direction i'm going right now. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ayyyelmao/saved/hfCBD3

Looking better and better. If your budget is still $1,500 consider an upgrade to the PSU to the 650W version since NewEgg has it for $10 dollars less after rebate.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

The link is the same as your last post, but if you made the change to the RM650x, I'd say go for it. And keep the leftover [cash] for yourself.

P.s. Fractal Design R5 w/ window is the same price if you're into showing off your rig.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler