Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ords

Windows 10 upgrade help

Posted · Original PosterOP

My ROG G55VW is currently using the windows 7 home premium os can I upgrade to windows 10 using the product key of windows 7 home premium? I'm planning to make a bootable usb windows 10

you have two options

if you want to keep your stuff - start the W10 install from inside W7

if you want a clean install, boot from the W10 sitck and use the W7 key when prompted

This is something you can do, if I understand correctly you are doing the proper thing and going with a clean install 

r5 3600 4.175GHz@1.1875v | Noctua Nh l9x65 am4 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3600mhz|Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG | Silverstone ML08

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

you have two options

if you want a clean install, boot from the W10 sitck and use the W7 key when prompted

If I install w10 inside w7 will it retain some bloatware from w7 after I finish the installation of w10?

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

you have two options

If I install w10 inside w7 will it retain some bloatware from w7 after I finish the installation of w10?

9 minutes ago, Ords said:

yes