Watch Dogs Specs Leaked For PC Version

qwertywarrior

minimum specs are insane :o

the death of last gen consoles has ushered a new era of awesomeness 

the specs were on Uplay but it got removed

a user on a russian website quickly copied it

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/4091/watch-dogs-specs-leaked-for-pc-version.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Specification

• Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
  • Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
  • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
  • Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification

• GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
  • CPU: Quad core
  • RAM: 4GB

example 1

• GPU: NVidia GTX 460
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2

• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
  • CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification

• GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
  • CPU: Eight core
  • RAM: 8GB

example 1

• GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2

• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification

• GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
  • CPU: Latest Eight core or more
  • RAM: 8GB or more

example 1

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2

• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
  • CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

minimum specs are insane :o

• DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer

Yeah I'm screwed. lol

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Excuse me, Console Optimisations coming through; the fact that they recommend and 8 core means they support 8 cores!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

finally something to stress my 3930k!

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

The fact they have the 3930k and the 9370 in the same example bracket says enough really. 

This.

All I have to say:

2174935-65c6f20c_dayum.jpg

Excuse me, Console Optimisations coming through; the fact that they recommend and 8 core means they support 8 cores!

You called it. :P 

... Now I feel bad about having a 3570k. :(

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This.

All I have to say:2174935-65c6f20c_dayum.jpg

You called it. :P 

... Now I feel bad about having a 3570k. :(

Yes indeed I did xD & you're telling me, I'm running a Xeon e5520 right now remember? xD the worst part is that I coulda just bought an am3+ board and used my friend's old 4100 temporarily but the potential 980X was calling me.....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Does this mean that people would have to start getting i7 and 8350s for their builds if they are using it for gaming?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Does this mean that people would have to start getting i7 and 8350s for their builds if they are using it for gaming?

you dont "HAVE" to

just recommend people to buy intel HT chips from now on if they can afford it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

More important question:

Does this mean Intel and AMD are going to step their game up and start making CPUs with a lot more cores? Such as a 3570k/4670k, but with 8 cores, or a 8350, but with 12 or even 16 cores? 

That'd be sweet. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

you dont "HAVE" to

just recommend people to buy intel HT chips from now on if they can afford it

No because the HT is useless if the core is under a heavy load >_< therefore true cores > HT

I wonder how much minimum internet speed for multiplayer or bandwith it is going to consume for 1 hour gaming.

u wont be streaming the game

its all about ping

u wont be streaming the game

its all about ping

So it won't effect my gaming experience even if I have slow internet like 0.5Mbps or 1Mb

Sorry for the noob question, I just resumed gaming like from 5 years ago.

holy they are insane 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

So it won't effect my gaming experience even if I have slow internet like 0.5Mbps or 1Mb

Sorry for the noob question, I just resumed gaming like from 5 years ago.

from what i know

1Mb/s is fine for gaming

i recall on CSS  it used like 5KB/s

I barely meet the recommended. Jeez.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

My God...I hope my system doesn't struggle too much :/

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

yes, because those "next-gen" consoles running 720p and some games at 30fps is really awesome :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I'm just glad to see developers pushing hardware for once. finally less neutering of content just to accomadate for people on aging hardware

yes, because those "next-gen" consoles running 720p and some games at 30fps is really awesome :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I'm just glad to see developers pushing hardware for once. finally less neutering of content just to accomadate for people on aging hardware

If there weren't console optimisations made then it'd probably be more like 480p 15fps - I said to everyone that 8 cores will be used in new games and even made a thread about it that's in my sig if you want to read it but many people said I was being stupid and it won't happen; just wanted to have my I told you so moment

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAMEEE

when ea make a good game its good really good