Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J4P!0N

Gtx 1060 and gtx 1050 performance

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

so i see in many videos that gtx 1060 perform like 980 . 2 ranks up so

gtx 1080 - Betther than titan x 

gtx 1070 - 980ti or titan x

gtx 1060 - 980 or somethink like that ( leaks says that its scores 3014 like 980 in firestrike ultra )

gtx 1050 - 970 ????? its joke but it could be . 2 tier up .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the 1050 (if they make one) will be 970-like performance. Strange things have happened before though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 1080 and 1070 nvidia pretty much made their 900 seires of GPUs obsolete, so it's not too crazy to think that the 1050 will be better than the 970. I kind of doubt it, buts its possible. 


MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NukaColaBoy said:

and it seems that Gtx 1060 will beat RX 480,

According to Nvidia. We might see on Thursday, as that's a rumored day for the NDA expiration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't buy into the hype again... people thought the RX 480 was going to be a Gtx 980 and got heart broken when it turned out to be a 970. And I predict the same here: the 1060 is going to be a 970, maybe even slightly better. But I don't think it'll quite be a 980.

 

1050 shouldn't be coming anytime soon IMO.


Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NukaColaBoy said:

so i see in many videos that gtx 1060 perform like 980 . 2 ranks up so

gtx 1080 - Betther than titan x 

gtx 1070 - 980ti or titan x

gtx 1060 - 980 or somethink like that ( leaks says that its scores 3014 like 980 in firestrike ultra )

gtx 1050 - 970 ????? its joke but it could be . 2 tier up .

 

We got the spec leaks - the core count is very low so 980 performance is highly unlikely


Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pascal Cuda cores aren't really like Maxwell Cuda cores though.

 

The 1070 was also supposedly a big letdown before it came out because people though it looked way too "cut down". Turned out not to be the case. The 1070 is indeed the best bang for buck performing card (msrp-wise without the inflated prices) out if you consider getting 60+ in all games in 1080p maybe even 1440p.

 

Hopefully the 1060 will be the "new" 980 for cheaper. We can hope can't we....

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the $250 rumored msrp is true then I would expect the 1060 to be a 980 in performance (with a little more vram).

 

Nvidia slides have exaggerated before but typically when they compare to their own cards and not the competition, they're pretty honest.  The 1070 basically did beat a titan and I expect a 1060 to match a 980 in most cases if that's their tagline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

If the $250 rumored msrp is true then I would expect the 1060 to be a 980.

 

Nvidia slides have exaggerated before but typically when they compare to their own cards and not the competition, they're pretty honest.  The 1070 basically did beat a titan and I expect a 1060 to match a 980 in most cases if that's they're tagline.

Erm, the same slides claiming the 1080 was 2x Titan X? Yeah, no.


Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Erm, the same slides claiming the 1080 was 2x Titan X? Yeah, no.

I don't take any tagline claims with sli or crossfire seriously because that's best case scenario, but skeptics are absolutely justified.  I just think the claim isn't unrealistic if the price is in the ballpark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Erm, the same slides claiming the 1080 was 2x Titan X? Yeah, no.

They were clear on it being in curtain scenarios. It wasn't misleading, just easy to misunderstand. By design.


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

I don't take any tagline claims with sli or crossfire seriously because that's best case scenario, but skeptics are absolutely justified.  I just think the claim isn't unrealistic if the price is in the ballpark.

Then again - remember the 960? Everyone was hyping it up and it was a total flop.


Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Then again - remember the 960? Everyone was hyping it up and it was a total flop.

Wasn't around here for the 960 hype but I don't particularly remember people talking about it (too much 970 talk).
 

I'm hoping the rumors of the 3gb version get dispelled because it's vRAM variants that I think killed the 960 early (it was ok on release).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Wasn't around here for the 960 hype but I don't particularly remember people talking about it (too much 970 talk).
 

I'm hoping the rumors of the 3gb version get dispelled because it's vRAM variants that I think killed the 960 early.

Nope, 3g of VRAM and no SLI compatibility. Why Nvidia is bringing a 3g variant that can't SLI is beyond me. EFING stupid.


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nope, 3g of VRAM and no SLI compatibility. Why Nvidia is bringing a 3g variant that can't SLI is beyond me. EFING stupid.

The SLI doesn't bother me a lot but the 3gb seems like it'll be a problem, just like the 2gb on the 960.  If history repeats itself, once the 1050 comes out it'll basically replace the 1060.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

The SLI doesn't bother me a lot but the 3gb seems like it'll be a problem, just like the 2gb on the 960.  If history repeats itself, once the 1050 comes out it'll basically replace the 1060.

People buy for weird reasons, and AMD is pushing crossfire because they can't compete card to card with Nvidia. Nvidia should be pushing SLI with the 1060 to answer AMD's crossfire claims.


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, App4that said:

People buy for weird reasons, and AMD is pushing crossfire because they can't compete card to card with Nvidia. Nvidia should be pushing SLI with the 1060 to answer AMD's crossfire claims.

Judging by their lack of 3/4 way sli support on the high end it seems Nvidia's angle is to downplay sli for this gen.  If multi gpu support does improve in the future they could re introduce it with volta.  I don't particularly see that as a bad strategy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Judging by their lack of 3/4 way sli support on the high end it seems Nvidia's angle is to downplay sli for this gen.  If multi gpu support does improve in the future they could re introduce it with volta.  I don't particularly see that as a bad strategy.

No I agree, multi graphics card set ups are for when one single card can't offer the performance you need. But, and it's a big ass. AMD is pushing crossfire and the AMD fans are eating it up. Unfortunately it's not about being right, but selling a product. Showing the 1060 beating the RX 480 when doubled is how you do that.


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, App4that said:

No I agree, multi graphics card set ups are for when one single card can't offer the performance you need. But, and it's a big ass. AMD is pushing crossfire and the AMD fans are eating it up. Unfortunately it's not about being right, but selling a product. Showing the 1060 beating the RX 480 when doubled is how you do that.

If the 6gb version ends up being closer to the $300 mark it's not even going to be that good of a value if you did a 1060 sli, and you can just forget 3gb sli.  As sly as Nvidia's marketing can be sometimes, they still need a product that makes sense.  If removing the sli from the 1060 did reduce the cost in some way I'm totally fine with that.

 

And I would hope people spending this kind of money on graphics cards would do their homework to see if a crossfire system is really worth it, whether they're AMD loyal or not.  I don't think Nvidia is concerned with countering their crossfire claims, they're actually doing a service by remaining different in some capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biggerboot said:

If the 6gb version ends up being closer to the $300 mark it's not even going to be that good of a value if you did a 1060 sli, and you can just forget 3gb sli.  As sly as Nvidia's marketing can be sometimes, they still need a product that makes sense.  If removing the sli from the 1060 did reduce the cost in some way I'm totally fine with that.

 

And I would hope people spending this kind of money on graphics cards would do their homework to see if a crossfire system is really worth it, whether they're AMD loyal or not.  I don't think Nvidia is concerned with countering their crossfire claims, they're actually doing a service by remaining different in some capacity.

True, and the 6g 1060 will be at the 250us price point. The biased tech sites are already foaming at the mouth about it xD 


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, the 1060 if it's $300 plus tax isn't a good value because the 980 Ti cards are going for $399 now and used even less. No way the 1060 beats the 980 Ti...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

Wasn't around here for the 960 hype but I don't particularly remember people talking about it (too much 970 talk).
 

I'm hoping the rumors of the 3gb version get dispelled because it's vRAM variants that I think killed the 960 early (it was ok on release).

960 2GB launched at 250$. It was the fastest price drop ever. Literally overnight when reviews came out it was dropped to 200$.


Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, App4that said:

True, and the 6g 1060 will be at the 250us price point. The biased tech sites are already foaming at the mouth about it xD 

2GB 960 started at 250$.


Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB model a month or so after launch here in UK, which was pretty much the most expensive 960 you could buy. It was £169.99 and offered about half the performance of a GTX 970.

 

Given that the RX 480 is around half the performance of a GTX 1070 and is here in the UK £235 - £250 were not doing very well at this price point as the consumer is now paying £65 ~ £80 more for the relative performance of the high end cards.

 

There is no way that the GTX 1060 will cost £170 or even £230 or even £250... We will be looking at the £260 to £280 i can bet you! So for the relative performance of the 10 series cards we are now paying over £100 extra to what we did on the 9 series.

 

Just to add, you could say... Well the GTX 1070 has the performance of a GTX980TI and the GTX 1060 will be GTX 980 level so look at the performance your getting for your money...  to that i say so it bloody should its called progress!!! There is no law to say we can only have 20% increase in performance between generations so with one hand they give with the other they take away... Well from you wallet any way!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×