Blizzard is suing cheat creator Bossland, claims they have cost Blizzard millions in lost sales.

Master Disaster

This story is fake. It was resurrected from the old "Blizzard is sueing said 'company' for ruining Starcraft 2." This is a big hoax, somebody should of checked his source. It was the same story made up by some weird jocks in 2014, resurrected in 2015, and now for 2016.

4 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

This story is fake. It was resurrected from the old "Blizzard is sueing said 'company' for ruining Starcraft 2." This is a big hoax, somebody should of checked his source. It was the same story made up by some weird jocks in 2014, resurrected in 2015, and now for 2016.

Somebody should check their source before posting nonsense... 

http://blog.bossland-gmbh.com

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Somebody should check their source before posting nonsense... 

http://blog.bossland-gmbh.com

????

None of the source you post is legitimate and is all from the same source, "TorrentFreak."

Back in 2014, here's the same article they wrote, https://torrentfreak.com/blizzard-sues-starcraft-ii-hackers-copyright-infringement-140521/ about SC2.

Back in 2015, here's another one they wrote, for Heart of the Storm, https://torrentfreak.com/blizzard-sues-bot-maker-for-copyright-infringement-151111/

Oh, look here, another one for 2016, for Overwatch. And you're telling me this isn't a hoax?

And to make it even worst, it's the same written article, and they only changed a couple of words around.

*Not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just trying to tell you, this story is fake. If anything, I the folks who is trying to hype this story up is just click baiting for views.

1 minute ago, Supermangik said:

????

None of the source you post is legitimate and is all from the same source, "TorrentFreak."

Back in 2014, here's the same article they wrote, https://torrentfreak.com/blizzard-sues-starcraft-ii-hackers-copyright-infringement-140521/ about SC2.

Back in 2015, here's another one they wrote, for Heart of the Storm, https://torrentfreak.com/blizzard-sues-bot-maker-for-copyright-infringement-151111/

Oh, look here, another one for 2016, for Overwatch. And you're telling me this isn't a hoax?

That's a blog post written by the owner of the company, he doesn't cite TF as a source, he simply points out that they were the first to break the story, he goes on to confirm Blizzard are pursuing him in US court... 

But lets get a bit more detailed into it. It is not, that there ain't plenty ongoing legal battles in Germany already.

Now Blizzard wants to try it in the US too. One could ask himself, why now and not back in 2011. Why did Rod Rigole even bother to fly to Munich and drive with two other lawyers 380 km to Zwickau. Why not just sue us in the US five years ago, especially at his beloved courts in California?

You can take that as a "from the horses mouth" statement. 

Also the fact Blizzard sue someone every year surprises you? They're well know for their sue first, work the  facts out later approach. Heck they don't even use cease and desist orders, they go straight for the jugular. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

13 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's a blog post written by the owner of the company, he doesn't cite TF as a source, he simply points out that they were the first to break the story, he goes on to confirm Blizzard are pursuing him in US court... 

You can take that as a "from the horses mouth" statement. 

Also the fact Blizzard sue someone every year surprises you? They're well know for their sue first, work the  facts out later approach. Heck they don't even use cease and desist orders, they go straight for the jugular. 

Would it surprise you, that each of the link he posted is from the same source were all this, "Blizzard is sueing..." is coming from? The "owner" (if that's really him) is posting or redirecting you back to the very source he "claims" that Blizzard is sueing him, TorrentFreak. If you read what he says closely, he said, "I got word from TORRENTFREAK," that Blizzard is filing a lawsuit against me.

Lets break that down a bit, he didn't state he got word from Blizzard, but somehow, through a drama-queen news website, they got the word first before the owner (who was getting sued.) Does that make any sense to you? You would think, you'll know if someone filed a lawsuit against you because it'll show up in your mail box, but no. He GOT WORD from TORRENTFREAK that HE'S getting SUED. Amazing.

Listen man, this is all click bait, "Get views." None of this stuff has nothing to do with Blizzard, and I can bet on it. If it did, it'll show up on the front page of the Overwatch sub-reddit, but it didn't. Even the battlenet forums don't know about this, crap dude, even Blizzard didn't know they were sueing this click bait, "German Bosshag." 

Edit: Listen, I ain't trying to ruin or break down or make you feel inferior. I respect your opinion, but I'm just telling you, this is fake story. And it smells like click bait for 2 miles away. Especially if the only source is, "I got word for TorrentFreak." Here's a direct quote from the website you gave me of this "owner."

Yesterday, a Author at Torrentfreaks informed me about a new lawsuit from Blizzard. It was interesting to see that at all. And I was sure, this one is because it seems soon to be over for Blizzard.

Amazing dude, he didn't know he got sued, but another guy who works for douche-article-bag knew he was getting sued before he did. Yea...

2 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Would it surprise you, that each of the link he posted is from the same source were all this, "Blizzard is sueing..." is coming from? The "owner" (if that's really him) is posting or redirecting you back to the very source he "claims" that Blizzard is sueing him, TorrentFreak. If you read what he says closely, he said, "I got word from TORRENTFREAK," that Blizzard is filing a lawsuit against me.

Lets break that down a bit, he didn't state he got word from Blizzard, but somehow, through a drama-queen news website, they got the word first before the owner (who was getting sued.) Does that make any sense to you? You would think, you'll know if someone filed a lawsuit against you because it'll show up in your mail box, but no. He GOT WORD from TORRENTFREAK that HE'S getting SUED. Amazing.

Listen man, this is all click bait, "Get views." None of this stuff has nothing to do with Blizzard, and I can bet on it. If it did, it'll show up on the front page of the Overwatch sub-reddit, but it didn't. Even the battlenet forums don't know about this, crap dude, even Blizzard didn't know they were sueing this click bait, "German Bosshag." 

Except the guy already has 3 previous cases he has won in German court and 4 current outstanding cases in German court, all brought by Blizzard. Its not that big of a stretch to imagine they'd go after him in America too. 

On 4th September 2013 we introduced the DE Version of Honorbuddy, a week earlier Blizzard paid 670.000,00 EUR to the court of Hamburg to make a judgement temporary enforceable at law. We modified the German Version the way, that it excluded all the functions that where forbidden by the court of Hamburg and could resist the ban of Honorbuddy in Germany.

On 7th May 2015 Blizzard Entertainment S.A.S. withdraws the application for an injunction at the court of appeal that was an attempt to ban sale of "Gold" for Diablo III.

On 23th February 2016 Dresden Higher Regional Court announced the verdict, the Stormbuddy lawsuit was rejected at all points.

Pending lawsuits,

I ZR 44/16, Federal Court of Justice of Germany about personal liability

I ZR 25/15, Federal Court of Justice of Germany about personal liability -6th October 2016

I ZR 167/15, Federal Court of Justice of Germany about Honorbuddy

I ZR 253/14, Federal Court of Justice of Germany about Honorbuddy - 6th October 2016

As for your other point, it's not that weird. Court subpoenas are publicly accessible as soon as they're filed and TF is based in America while he lives in Germany, it's not unreasonable to assume that TF spotted the action before he has received any notification about it. It might take weeks for him to receive anything from America. 

The fact this has happened twice before only proves Blizzard are sue happy. It does not prove this to be a hoax. 

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Except the guy already has 3 previous cases he has won in German court and 4 current outstanding cases in German court, all brought by Blizzard. Its not that big of a stretch to imagine they'd go after him in America too. 

As for your other point, it's not that weird. Court subpoenas are publicly accessible as soon as they're filed and TF is based in America while he lives in Germany, it's not unreasonable to assume that TF spotted the action before he has received any notification about it. It might take weeks for him to receive anything from America. 

The fact this has happened twice before only proves Blizzard are sue happy. It does not prove this to be a hoax. 

None of the pending lawsuits shows any significance evidence of Blizzard filing a lawsuit against this "Watchover Tyrant" company. Let alone does it prove anything, but just simple pending lawsuits for who knows what? Where was the lawsuit in 2014, 2015 against this show called "hackers" ruining Blizzard games? No where to be found.

TorrentFreak published the same drama and yet, we came out empty handed. What makes you think this isn't the same situation? TorrentFreak is notorious for starting drama and gaining views by bashing in entertainment business, remember Comcast? It was TorrentFreak that made up a lie about Comcast throttling bandwidth by "speculation." There was no evidence what so ever that Comcast was even doing this.

Do I really have to mention again how it's the same article from 2014, 2015, and now they revised it and published it for 2016? Isn't that obvious by now this is just click baiting for views... Oh, and expect another one of these articles to come again by TorrentFreak when Blizzard release another game.

7 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Ever since blizzard got bought out by Activision...

I don't understand where this myth came from. I assume it's from people that don't understand business.

Significant number of Blizzard shares were owned by a company called Vivendi Universal. Vivendi was the controlling shareholder at the time. "On July 9, 2008, Activision officially merged with Vivendi Games, culminating in the inclusion of the Blizzard brand name in the title of the resulting holding company. On July 25, 2013, Activision Blizzard announced the purchase of 429 million shares from majority owner Vivendi."

A merge and acquisition are completely different things. Also Activision-Blizzard is a publishing company that was created when Activision and Vivendi Games merged. Vivendi decided to use the brand name Blizzard. Blizzard is a game studio, Activation is a publisher. Blizzard still publishes their own games and Activision is not Blizzard's publisher so they don't have say.

A good read: https://www.engadget.com/2009/04/12/activision-blizzard-is-not-blizzard/

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

8 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is the same company that won't make legacy servers for their most popular game? Integrity my ass.

Not gonna ague integrity because blizzard has none but they are working on legacy servers. Blizzard hired some employees from another WoW legacy server to run the new legacy servers. Luke and Linus talked about it on the wan show a few weeks ago

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

9 hours ago, Leonard said:

I hope Blizzard wins this case and financially and mentally bankrupts the hack company. Online game hacking is way out of hand.

Bossland creates botting scripts not cheats that give an unfair advantage in terms of skill.

I don't understand the criticism against blizzard here...they're fighting against hackers, botters, and cheaters...since when did that become an ignoble pursuit? Are people in general so corrupted that cheating is the new standard and anyone who fights against it is evil? Honestly, I don't even understand the desire to play a game if you cheat...it's just boring if there's no challenge.

9 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

wouldnt it be easier to put all the cheaters on seperate servers so they dont play with "normal" people?

instead of banning them

i guess if everyone on this server is cheating then its fair again

That's what Respawn Entertainment does xD! If a cheater/hacker is found to be using cheats or hacks, you get to play with ALL the other hackers as well!

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

32 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

Bossland creates botting scripts not cheats that give an unfair advantage in terms of skill.

Last I checked, one of the cheats in question didn't offer an aimbot, but rather several other modifications such as walling. Being able to see opponents through walls (without the use of in game abilities) as well as being able to view statistics such as player health gives you a huge advantage. This allows the player to plan battles well before anybody else in the match would, enhancing their chance of victory pretty significantly.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

41 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

I don't know if you are under the age or three or if you only play online games with these so called "botting scripts" either way you just said they make hacks. No "skill" is gotten from running a program/script to help you, the player, aim faster/more accurately or run faster or have double the health than what is given in the game for all players. 

All hackers should wake up in tomorrow morning yelling in pain from the assault from ten thousand army ants in their underwear and the so called script writers should be doped in the gorilla cage at mating season to see what an "unfair advantage" does to a person.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I don't know if you are under the age or three or if you only play online games with these so called "botting scripts" either way you just said they make hacks. No "skill" is gotten from running a program/script to help you, the player, aim faster/more accurately or run faster or have double the health than what is given in the game for all players. 

All hackers should wake up in tomorrow morning yelling in pain from the assault from ten thousand army ants in their underwear and the so called script writers should be doped in the gorilla cage at mating season to see what an "unfair advantage" does to a person.

I don't comprehend what you are saying

your use of basic conventions of standard English are non-existent in that little rant you wrote...

22 minutes ago, Suika said:

Last I checked, one of the cheats in question didn't offer an aimbot, but rather several other modifications such as walling. Being able to see opponents through walls (without the use of in game abilities) as well as being able to view statistics such as player health gives you a huge advantage. This allows the player to plan battles well before anybody else in the match would, enhancing their chance of victory pretty significantly.

Anyways im not sure if were even at the same site here's the one i found

http://www.bossland-gmbh.com/

Quite possible you are correct but usually a bot just refers to a program that repeats an in game task for you over and over. 

Blizzard can't prove them cheating without shooting their own foot. How else would Blizzard Warden supposed to sniff without reading your system processes (illegal)?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Read the first page... Are we seriously against a company taking an aggressive approach to reduce cheating in a competitive game? 

Go Blizzard!

1 hour ago, JurunceNK said:

That's what Respawn Entertainment does xD! If a cheater/hacker is found to be using cheats or hacks, you get to play with ALL the other hackers as well!

That is honestly the best response to a hacker xD

11 hours ago, ivan134 said:

What? Are you serious? How is cheaters buying the game over and over going to off set revenue lost from a larger number of legitimate players who refuse to buy the game because of cheaters?

look at csgo

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

What the flippity flippity fuck is going in in this comment section... People are attacking blizzard for trying to take a stand against hackers... 

Put your damned petty grievances aside for a minute and maybe you'll see that this might just be a good thing. 

17 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is the same company that won't make legacy servers for their most popular game? Integrity my ass.

Enlighten me how this is related to integrity.  You'd have a harder time than Blizzard lawyers proving they lost revenue.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

On 05/07/2016 at 9:21 PM, xentric said:

I don't understand where this myth came from. I assume it's from people that don't understand business.

Significant number of Blizzard shares were owned by a company called Vivendi Universal. Vivendi was the controlling shareholder at the time. "On July 9, 2008, Activision officially merged with Vivendi Games, culminating in the inclusion of the Blizzard brand name in the title of the resulting holding company. On July 25, 2013, Activision Blizzard announced the purchase of 429 million shares from majority owner Vivendi."

A merge and acquisition are completely different things. Also Activision-Blizzard is a publishing company that was created when Activision and Vivendi Games merged. Vivendi decided to use the brand name Blizzard. Blizzard is a game studio, Activation is a publisher. Blizzard still publishes their own games and Activision is not Blizzard's publisher so they don't have say.

A good read: https://www.engadget.com/2009/04/12/activision-blizzard-is-not-blizzard/

Oh Fair dues then, well  Activision Blizzard fucking suck xD 

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Why are so many against Blizzard on this? Cheating/hacking is a multi million if not billion dollar business by now, most 'good' hacks aren't free, people buy 3rd party software for the sole purpose of cheating or hacking. I hate Blizzard after Activision bought them up as much as the next guy. But they are doing something to try and change it. Perhaps its wrong to sue them over potential lost revenue, but money rules the world and if Blizzard sue them for damaging their copyrighted work, perhaps it would be more correct, but it would not get too much attention, unless they close the most popular private server. Anyways I cheer for Blizzard on this, because looking at it, I do think alot of people who either buy the game or consider buying the came will cause a loss in revenue either if its because they don't buy it or the buyer don't convince their friends to buy it because its infested with players having an unfair advantage.

And I saw earlier in this topic that there are multi-players games without hacking, and that is fucking bullshit. Every multi player game popular or not will have some form of hacking. Starcraft 2, map hacks, or a hack that removes the black fog, forgot whats its actually called, League of Legends the same as Starcraft 2. FPS, Map hacks, aimbot, wallhack. RPG's like wow, or hell, even Maple Story and FACEBOOK GAMES had different kinds of hack, like item vac, speed hacks, and even damage hack. I again say, there is no MP game without some sort of hacking or bots both 3rd party software designed and sold to people that wants to have an unfair advantage. 

People need to read between the lines here, sure Blizzard is money hungry, just like League of Legends (EVEN IF ITS A F2P GAME) Valve, etc etc. But look away from the money, they are actually suing 'bad guys' here. They are trying to make a change, and its for the better regarding MP games. If you guys can't read between the lines and realize that even if its for the money, its still a good thing I'm tempted to consider you all hackers that believe hacking its a positive and good thing, because news fucking flash, its not. Hacking is something that the PC platform have, perhaps some console have it aswell, but not as bad as on PC. People claim they'd rather play on a console than having to deal with hackers, thats potential loss in PC gamers, PC games and a loss in people buy PC's and PC components. And we could sure need more people looking into PC instead of consoles as a gaming platform or else PC gaming will die out eventually, more than it already has. Besides, the more lucrative the PC gaming is, the cheaper things will get for us, either if its games or hardware.

I for one cheer for Blizzard on this one, and if you people disagree with me because you're too dumb to see how this is infact a good thing then I do really feel bad for you.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit.