Rather FarFetched and Subjective.

I currently own the ACER version of the MSI P7N Diamond,, The ACER MB-SAS01002 Motherboard.

In your Collective opinion,, with all things being equal in components and BIOS Mfgr.

Could i flash the ACER BIOS With the MSI BIOS and Find myself with the MSI P7N Diamond? This Motherboard even has The MSI Part Nimber on it it is MS-7510

I Have Done extensive research and found that ALL components are virtually identicle,, Except for the BIOS Splash Screen and BIOS Atributes.

This is my Vid on Youtube:

Thanks for any input.

That won't be easy to find an answer to online. But i know toms hardware have tried doing that with some graphics cards and that it was possible to flash a radeon 6950 to a 6970. So it's more of a gamble for you. Maybe there is something different between the two boards, or maybe the only difference is the sticker :). Only way to tell is to try :p.

That won't be easy to find an answer to online. But i know toms hardware have tried doing that with some graphics cards and that it was possible to flash a radeon 6950 to a 6970. So it's more of a gamble for you. Maybe there is something different between the two boards' date=' or maybe the only difference is the sticker :). Only way to tell is to try :p.[/quote']

Yea i agree but i dont want to "Brick" this Motherboard.

Like i said,, all the Controllers are the same, all the chipsets are the same,,The BIOS Provider is the same,, the Sound controller is the same, the Only difference is the Northbrige Heatsink and the MSI Branding on the Southbridge and VRM heatsink.

Thanks

The layout of components on the PCB between the boards is different which might be just to cut cost in the OEM uses of the board, but I still wouldn't go flashing a BIOS if I wasn't 100% on it working. Why do you want to use the MSI bios anyway?

The layout of components on the PCB between the boards is different which might be just to cut cost in the OEM uses of the board' date=' but I still wouldn't go flashing a BIOS if I wasn't 100% on it working. Why do you want to use the MSI bios anyway?[/quote']

I wanted the MSI version of the BIOS for the CPU Specific OC'n Functionality.

I am still puzzled with why the ACER Branding is on the PCB and the MSI Part number is as well,, MS-7510.

Yeah fair enough. MSI just make them for Acer to put in their pre-built systems for example.