Profanity Filter

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by Clanscorpia,

Well, as usual, my ideas are deemed shit by the community :P

I doubt this would be hard. Just a small add on that people could enable that would blank out swearing. There's a lot of kids on here. Personally I dont care but for maybe 8-10 year old it might be. Or people with sensitive parents.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You know when you sign up, there's that section "Are you 13 or older?" you have to click on. Yeahh.. That's a thing.

Also, it's the internet, if parents are concerned they should be monitor their child's online activities. Should be common knowledge to them and children that everything you can imagine is online. So if you're concerned about seeing swearing, fuck off and go to a different website. :P

Seriously though.

3 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I doubt people are going to purposely try to evade it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I doubt people are going to purposely try to evade it

ikr

I just posted this here because I remembered the video, which is quite interesting.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

when I first came here I would see it and not like it too. but as time goes on you'll see that it actually doesn't happen much........... and quite frankly there are times when it's needed to perfectly describe something.

I also don't think  this site, or any site should be turned turned into Christianity central............ BLAH! Freedom of speech and UNCESORED speech............ or self censoring...( which we all do here ) ..... but not a complete block out.

I want to find one of those dubbed Hitler youtube videos that fit this subject but don't want to waste my time........ sorry kid.

On 03/07/2016 at 6:42 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

You know when you sign up, there's that section "Are you 13 or older?" you have to click on. Yeahh.. That's a thing.

Also, it's the internet, if parents are concerned they should be monitor their child's online activities. Should be common knowledge to them and children that everything you can imagine is online. So if you're concerned about seeing swearing, fuck off and go to a different website. :P

Seriously though.

I'm not concerned, but some kids will see Linus videos and  come here. And honestly, who gives 1 shit about the are you 13 or older? Seriously

On 03/07/2016 at 6:44 PM, LabRat said:

when I first came here I would see it and not like it too. but as time goes on you'll see that it actually doesn't happen much........... and quite frankly there are times when it's needed to perfectly describe something.

I also don't think that if this site, or any site should be turned turned into Christianity central............ BLAH! Freedom of speech and UNCESORED speech............ or self censoring...( which we all do here ) ..... but not a complete block out.

I want to find one of those dubbed Hitler youtube videos that fit this subject but don't want to waste my time........ sorry kid.

Im not saying dont like like it, I'm saying others might

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I'm not concerned, but some kids will see Linus videos and  come here. And honestly, who gives 1 shit about the are you 13 or older? Seriously

Just pointing it out, it's a legal thing that should be followed. Mods have actually banned people if they're under 13. But yeah, even kids know there's swearing, this is a site that is mature one way or another whether or not you like it. If they don't like it they can kindly fuck off or find a browser plugin for their sensitive eyes.

Well, as usual, my ideas are deemed shit by the community :P

Spoiler

AXIOM

This forum has enough fucking sanitization what with the scorched earth method of moderation.

On 7/3/2016 at 5:44 PM, Clanscorpia said:

who gives 1 shit about the are you 13 or older? Seriously

Well I joined when I was 12 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because everyone is swearing in this thread, I'll just take the time to complain about the terrible mobile quotes system, it took me like five minutes to be able to type this because it would make me type in the quote box.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Well I joined when I was 12 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because everyone is swearing in this thread, I'll just take the time to complain about the fucking terrible mobile quotes system, it took me like five minutes to be able to type this because it would make me type in the quote box.

you're really 13

that's actually really shocking

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

you're really 13

that's actually really shocking

Why? I thought everyone already knew that :P

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I guess the OP has never played xbox or watched a video about the 10 years that think it's funny to swear constantly.

I typically try to avoid using curse words if I can. Sometimes they slip. If you don't like the words, mentally use a different work. 

Example - 

" I think this is fucking stupid" You could read it as " I think this is stupid" and just block the word.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I genuinely didn't know.

I can add another person that's younger than me that has a better PSU lol

Lol xD

✨PC Specs✨

28 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

You appear to, since you are asing for a change in the forum to potentially allow for a younger audience... I don't like swearing because I really don't see the point, especially in a written post, but it doesn't bother me to the extent that I would want it filtered out here.

Besides from what I recall about being 10 very few people of that age don't know these words or their meaning. They are too deeply embedded in our social interactions and all it takes is one person to say it for the word to be learned. In fact they are a lot more likely to know what the f word means than what a cpu is.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Personally, I wouldn't mind this option. In fact, I want this to be added.

Sometimes I get extremely frustrated when I see unnecessary swearing, whether it be here, in games, or IRL.

But when I see a post filled with stars, it tells me prior to reading this that the person is/was upset, and it lets me focus more on to actual meaning behind their post/comments.

Obviously people can make stuff that l00k5 l1k3 a swear word, but I ignore them entirely anyways.

I have profanity filters on in-game, and it makes me laugh when someone whispers and tries to talk s*** to me, and it's just a bunch of f*****g stars. holy s*** it's funny. xD

Spoiler

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just pointing it out, it's a legal thing that should be followed. Mods have actually banned people if they're under 13.

Got any proof on that claim? I don't think being under 13 is valid reason for account suspension. If they follow CS, there should be no need.

Like pointed earlier, filter system just doesn't work. Its almost as pointless as censoring bleeps in videos. There's so many acronyms you can use. If there's post just filled with profanity, you can report it for clean up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Got any proof on that claim? I don't think being under 13 is valid reason for account suspension. If they follow CS, there should be no need.

Like pointed earlier, filter system just doesn't work. Its almost as pointless as censoring bleeps in videos. There's so many acronyms you can use. If there's post just filled with profanity, you can report it for clean up.

Unfortunately moderation cannot be discussed, so I can't actually prove it. But yes, your account can be banned if you're underage.

i wonder how many threads he posted and then chose himself for best answer......... LOL