Galaxy Note 3 - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1f1vTBj

Amazon: http://geni.us/iJfWZ

The Note 3 is an updated phone for people who like the Note series and the concept behind it...

But seriously, if you felt like your smartphone needed to be more huge and needed a stylus, then the Note series might appeal to you. The new Note 3 has "more of everything". It's faster, has a massive 3GB of RAM, has more features and more functionality for the stylus, and has a bigger battery. It also has an updated design that looks stunning. Frankly the feel of the backplate is not as good as the look though. I still find it a little slippery.

problem is that it's region locked, kinda forcing you to root your phone if you want to use sim cards from anywhere else while you are away from your country

Honestly, partly due to my complete lack of interest in the Note line, I didn't even know that...

They're just too big for me...

I have a Note 2, and i have small hands, biggest mistake I've ever made, but I still love it.

CPU: Intel 4770k OC 4.2Ghz || Mobo: Rog VI Formula || Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8Gbs 2133 || CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i || GPU: GTX 780ti || PSU: Corsiar 860i || Case: Fractal Design R4 || 1080p Acer || 1440p Asus PB278Q ||

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Obey Lord Linus and Raise Your Dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Honestly, partly due to my complete lack of interest in the Note line, I didn't even know that...

They're just too big for me...

Such a size queen ;)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Really want to get this to be honest :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Really want to get this to be honest :P

u know its region locked > right ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

u know its region locked > right ?

I barely leave my region anyway :P and when I do I don't use roaming Internet anyway - if I really wanted to I'd get a SIM card for that region put it in my Blackberry and then use that to tether to my Galaxy Note 3, problem? I think not :P tbh I'd probably flash Ubuntu Touch onto it if I could anyway

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I barely leave my region anyway :P and when I do I don't use roaming Internet anyway - if I really wanted to I'd get a SIM card for that region put it in my Blackberry and then use that to tether to my Galaxy Note 3, problem? I think not :P tbh I'd probably flash Ubuntu Touch onto it if I could anyway

ur a wise man 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

I have a Note 2 myself. I have big hands so it works pretty nicely (for comparison, I can type just fine on a full sized iPad in portrait mode just fine). However to me the Note 3 looks like a bit of hardware upgrade 1GB more RAM, faster processor, bit better camera. Most of the more significant selling point changes however seem to be software. Which is much like the transition from SGS3 to 4, why can't a lot of these features be on older devices? The pen is a clear example of this. My Note 2 recognizes when I hover with the pen and has a button on the pen for certain gestures and actions, why can't I get the improved version the Note 3 has in an update?

I know software development costs money, I'm a CS major myself. But these kinds of new releases are what's causing Samsung to go from the championed "Android done easy" and somewhat beloved company by the tech community to being hated and being infamous for meaningless upgrades to their product lines and horrible update support.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Note 2 myself. I have big hands so it works pretty nicely (for comparison, I can type just fine on a full sized iPad in portrait mode just fine). However to me the Note 3 looks like a bit of hardware upgrade 1GB more RAM, faster processor, bit better camera. Most of the more significant selling point changes however seem to be software. Which is much like the transition from SGS3 to 4, why can't a lot of these features be on older devices? The pen is a clear example of this. My Note 2 recognizes when I hover with the pen and has a button on the pen for certain gestures and actions, why can't I get the improved version the Note 3 has in an update?

I know software development costs money, I'm a CS major myself. But these kinds of new releases are what's causing Samsung to go from the championed "Android done easy" and somewhat beloved company by the tech community to being hated and being infamous for meaningless upgrades to their product lines and horrible update support.

That's the only thing I envy about iPhones. They almost always get the software upgrades, even if they don't change much

I also have a Note 2 and it could easily do the things the Note 3 does. But cellphone companies seem to see devices as disposable, so they don't really update them to the newest software. Maybe if they could charge for the upgrade they would do it but since it's android they probably can't

That's the only thing I envy about iPhones. They almost always get the software upgrades, even if they don't change much

I also have a Note 2 and it could easily do the things the Note 3 does. But cellphone companies seem to see devices as disposable, so they don't really update them to the newest software. Maybe if they could charge for the upgrade they would do it but since it's android they probably can't

Well to be fair. Consumers go through phones pretty quickly so you could say many of them find them disposable too. For example I think Verizon has a plan now where you pay a bit more but don't have to pay a fee when you switch phones earlier than 2 years. T-mobile is implementing a similar strategy with taking the subsidies out of their plans.

I think they could charge for updates if it's their code although Android alone is open source and you can't charge for that. But if you're running vanilla then you don't have that problem in the first place.

Also worth mentioning... The fact that all your users are left out of date is a big security issue. If everyone was up to date on Android we would see FAR fewer security breaches. But alas the bulk (30+%) are still on Gingerbread and only a small single digit percentage are on the latest version.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804