So I've finally got them on the way.

ZaneiusValentine

So on the 7th I will officially have 2 GTX 1080s, now I haven't had any Nvidia cards since the 8800s, so what's there to really know about what I can do with them now? New software and the like, and are there any driver issues I should be aware of with the 1080?

Just install Nvidias latest drivers, turn on SLI in the settings, and play with over 9000 FPS ;)

59 minutes ago, ZaneiusValentine said:

So on the 7th I will officially have 2 GTX 1080s, now I haven't had any Nvidia cards since the 8800s, so what's there to really know about what I can do with them now? New software and the like, and are there any driver issues I should be aware of with the 1080?

As far as driver issues I have two gtx 1080s, and specifically in Rise of the tomb raider enabling VXAO causes the driver to crash. Fairly small issue since it's only in one game, but that's all i could think of.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

36 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

As far as driver issues I have two gtx 1080s, and specifically in Rise of the tomb raider enabling VXAO causes the driver to crash. Fairly small issue since it's only in one game, but that's all i could think of.

Awesome, funny thing is that's on the list of one of the games to finally play through now that I can use Gameworks stuff hahaha. Ah well I'll wait for a bit on it.

11 minutes ago, ZaneiusValentine said:

Awesome, funny thing is that's on the list of one of the games to finally play through now that I can use Gameworks stuff hahaha. Ah well I'll wait for a bit on it.

Just a warning too, certain huge open areas of the game will still have framerate drops due to horrible cpu optimization. Specifically the area that gave me issues is geothermal valley.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

nvidia Geforce experience is amazing...it will install the drivers for you and will notice you anytime a new driver hit...also you can ''optimize'' your games through there in that the software will apply the settings it thinks are best for your machine (i don't use that i prefer to tweak them myself) and also that's where you'll find shadowplay which is superb to record gameplay footage...soon should be Ansel in there too.

So geforce Experience is all you need.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

nvidia Geforce experience is amazing...it will install the drivers for you and will notice you anytime a new driver hit...also you can ''optimize'' your games through there in that the software will apply the settings it thinks are best for your machine (i don't use that i prefer to tweak them myself) and also that's where you'll find shadowplay which is superb to record gameplay footage...soon should be Ansel in there too.

So geforce Exeperience is all you need.

Until you realise it causes the nvidia control panel to crash. 

What a fucking mess xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Until you realise it causes the nvidia control panel to crash. 

What a fucking mess xD

never had any issues, both work flawlessly and always have same when i was using a GTX 780.

what do i have to do to make it crash exactly?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Congrats on the new cards. ;)

Welcome to #TeamGreen

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

never had any issues, both work flawlessly and always have same when i was using a GTX 780.

what do i have to do to make it crash exactly?

"manage 3D settings" that shit always crashes. 

Now i can't even change that dsr detting that was so heavily advertised. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

no issues here what so ever...that panel has NEVER crashed on me...not once...in over 4 years of using it...i think you just need to clean re-install some stuff bro.

Capture.png

4 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Same here, every time I try to change it in global settings it just crashes...

2 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

does not happen on my machine...

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

does not happen on my machine...

do you have games installed across more than 2 drives? I suspect that may be the cause of it.

2 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

do you have games installed across more than 2 drives? I suspect that may be the cause of it.

sure, all these drives have games installed on them:

Capture.png

There are 4 SSD's and 1 SSHD.

42 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no issues here what so ever...that panel has NEVER crashed on me...not once...in over 4 years of using it...i think you just need to clean re-install some stuff bro.

Capture.png

Ddu, latest driver, downgrade. 

Nothing worked. It was only after I googled the problem that this has been a problem for a damn long time. 

Even worse than I have imagined xD

41 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if you had it. Uninstall gfe if it helps. 

2 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

Congrats on the new cards. ;)

Welcome to #TeamGreen

Haha thanks mate. 

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

So geforce Experience is all you need.

Honestly I'll probably still use MSI Afterburner's recording but I'm definitely gonna try shadowplay, I just love the filesizes and quality I get out of afterburner+squeeze, but yeah the Nvidia ecosystem seems pretty cool. AMD has the AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr) that does basically the same thing with optimizing, but I like to tinker with settings myself anyways haha.