is it safe to transport my fully installed case in a car?

EvilNeo

i'm planning to build my pc and the shop where i might buy most of the parts from told me that he is willing to build it for me 
so after the build is complete can i simply just put the pc(it's just the case with the parts in it btw) in the car and support it by myself so it won't drop during the travel time, my biggest concern is internal damage , static or whatnot
the case is nzxt S340 ,cpu cooler cryorig H7 or 212 evo (depends on what's available), gpu is 980ti extreme waterforce
so is it safe or there some sort of safety measure i should consider?
or should i not consider the his offer?
personally i doubt his expertise (though that is his job) and prefer to build everything myself at home

ust build it yourself, more fun

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just now, spwath said:

just build it yourself, more fun

i know right?
but my brother tells me that i might do something wrong though i told him i watched many build guides plus the manual is never wrong
but he's more concerned that a part might be defective so it would be easily changed when we are there

Sure why not, as long as everything is tightened down properly. I just drove mine to a LAN party and back yesterday in the trunk and it was fine.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Should be fine if it is tightly secured. I would also suggest taking the GPU out when you're driving and putting it back in when you arrive home to prevent the PCI-E slot from getting damaged.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

GPU is the most likely thing to snap along the way, but I agree that you should be building it yourself.

13 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

i know right?
but my brother tells me that i might do something wrong though i told him i watched many build guides plus the manual is never wrong
but he's more concerned that a part might be defective so it would be easily changed when we are there

You'll always do something wrong if you don't do anything ;)

Back in the 90s, I went on a road trip with my family and my parents brought their CPU. Back then hard drives were very sensitive to vibration, so by the time the trip was over the their hard drive was useless and they had to get a new one. Fast forward 20 years and now you have SSDs that can be dropped off buildings and HDDs with accelerometers that detect drops or something unusual and prevent serious damaging of the disk. My point is, computer hardware has come a long way, and it is definitely safe nowadays to drive around with PCs in the back seat. My only recommendation is to fasten a seat belt around the case so it doesn't hit you in the head if you crash your car.

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler