Sleeving?

Mixzzz

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.axonmodding.com/

Cheaper than from MDPC and I don't really know anything about the sleevings... Any difference in quality?
And should I sleeve like my PSU cables or should I use extensions because if I need to RMA the PSU?

Should I use 3mm XE?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Personally I'd go extensions.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I personally tried MDPC-X and just switched over to paracord from lutro0-customs.com

I just dont like the glossyness and stiffness of plastic sleeving any more. Paracord just seems more natural and blends in much nicer IMHO.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Personally I'd go extensions.

Do the extensions differ? Like I mean I can find 4$ extension on ebay and 10$ extension for 24pin? Any differences?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Do the extensions differ? Like I mean I can find 4$ extension on ebay and 10$ extension for 24pin? Any differences?

I don't have that much experience with them, so I can't really say.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Cheaply made extensions can be spotted easily. Most times they are crimped badly and the sleeve can come out of the crimp. It is up to you, I have had pre-bought extensions that were cheap but they got the job done. I also have bought many items from Lutro0 Customs and sleeved my current AX1200i. I personally will always go with sleeving it myself in the future. Paracord was very easy to work with and it looks great.

Lutro0/Mike has everything you would need and he has videos online that are very helpful. He is a great guy, I visited his shop in South Daktota while on vacation and he was kind enough to show me around.

Desktop - 3930k | Rampage IV Extreme | 64gb Vengeance RAM | 256gb 840 Pro | 2x MSI 7870 | Corsair 900D | Creative SB Z | Sennheiser HD280 | Logitech G710+ | Razer Mamba | My salary's worth of water cooling.

Server/NAS - i5-4570 | Gigabyte Z97 Ud5h | 32gb Crucial 1600mhz | 500gb Samsung 850 evo | 4x 4tb WD Reds | Corsair H80 | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows 7 Pro |

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Sleeving your own cables are easy. And OEM sleeving, sleeving your cables directly to the PSU, looks sweet but it wont arc as well as extensions do but it looks cleaner than extensions where it leaves the PSU. Extensions are easier to sleeve since they don"t have any double cables.

As far as sleeving goes the Lutro0 Customs Telleios http://lutro0-customs.com/collections/pet-sleeving is super cheap and it is the best sleeving out there! Paracord has a clothy feel while MDPC has a plasticy feel and Telieos has a softer plasticy feel. Also Teleios is easy sleeving to get started with as you don't have to stretch it like crazy. 

If you have more questions you can check Lutro0's sleeving FAQ: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions. or you can email him at Lutro0@lutro0customs.com