THE Network (Network buildlog)

MariusJS

Ok, so this is not exactly the usual build log, but please bear with me!

I have ordered:

1x Mikrotik CloudCoreRouter:  CCR1016-12G Which is going to get used as a Router and a Switch! (16Cores and 2GB RAM!)

1x Mikrotik RB260GS, which is getting used as a Switch for the Ethernet TV signals wink.png

1x Ubiquiti UniFi Long Range AP, which as you migth already have guessed is getting used as an access point smile.png

I have also ordered 305M CAT6 cable, and a cable-stapler, cable-staples and RJ45 plugs!

I have already started with some of the cables, which is nothing exiting or fun, but I will probably get the Router, Switch and AP very soon, hopefully even tomorrow! biggrin.png

Is this something you want to see, or should I just ditch the buildlog idea?

Pics:

All of the boxes together smile.png

IMG_3180.JPG

UniFi Box:

IMG_3181.JPG

Another angle

IMG_3182.JPG

CloudCore Router Box:

IMG_3183.JPG

RB260GS Switch box:

IMG_3184.JPG

Inside the boxes!

260GS:

IMG_3185.JPG

UniFi Inside:

IMG_3188.JPG

CloudCore inside:

IMG_3193.JPG

Dont forget (PS. No driver disk, as expected smile.png):

IMG_3192.JPG

Enough with the boxes!

The 260GS unit smile.png

IMG_3186.JPG

And on the other side an SFP-cage

IMG_3187.JPG

The UniFi round clean looking sweetness! biggrin.png

IMG_3189.JPG

CloudCore router:

IMG_3194.JPG

The Matte-White finish is the best iv'e ever seen, or touched, it was just amazing! biggrin.png

IMG_3195.JPG

On the back we find some fans, that only spin up at start, and at high load!

Here is the CloudCore from an angle:

IMG_3196.JPG

Here you can see the rack-mounts aswell!

Just dumping some quick picks of the programming biggrin.png

jE1lLyb.png

tXeAZMZ.png

Port forwarding, which actually were pretty easy, but not that much documented online! :)

jARP4NK.png

763xNDi.pngAnd my ISP finally bridged my modem! :D

SaWgMyd.png

It also has so many "cool" functions, like this one:

uK1kp2w.png

Here is a pic of the ones available at stock firmware:

5TZvjRq.png

I thnk that is it for now, going to post some placement pics later ;)

Some thougths:

1: The MicroTik/Routerboard products looked and felt great!

2: With the MicroTik/Routerboard you need to know what you are doing, or get some help! Here MicroTik/Routerboard has done a great job! Cudos! The WinBox software is also FANTASTIC, and makes everything just a bit easier, the router also has a web GUI

3: The Ubiquiti AP was as easy to "program" as it is to slice bread, almost :D

4: Blazing fast speeds! Ok, so I might have had 25/25 with the generic modem, but even at the same speeds, and the same ping, the Routerboard just surpasses everything I have ever tried! I mean, it is even faster than 100/100, 1ms to vg.no, with a modem in between (both using 8.8.8.8 DNS)

5: There is almost nothing that you can not do! So to say everything is possible :)

6: Customization, I am now talking about on the hardware level, with the routerboard, if you buy the a little bit more expensive version, you can get SFP cages, which makes the Routerboard even more customization :o

Love to hear back from you!

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Is this something you want to see, or should I just ditch the buildlog idea?

What the hell, bring that bitch on! Something different for a change. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Looks cool subbed.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Subbed, it looks interesting. I'd love your opinion on routerboard stuff when you're done  :)

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Definitely different from what is normally shown in build logs but no less awesome. 

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

What the hell, bring that bitch on! Something different for a change. :D

I will! :D

Looks cool subbed.

I gonna sub seems interesting

Thanks!

Subbed, it looks interesting. I'd love your opinion on routerboard stuff when you're done  :)

I will post all of the "programming" that goes into it aswell! ;)

An interesting thing is that it actually is a Mikrotik/Routerboard Reseller here in Norway :o

If I like the quality, I am probably going to buy one of theese: http://routerboard.com/RB44Ge for my server! :)

I have an Uncle which has his own ISP company, and he uses almost nothing else than Mikrotik/Routerboard (He could use Motorola, but that is quite another price class :(), the only problem is when lightning fries something, but some of the equipment has been on for years ;)

Subbed, it is technically a computer related build log

Thanks, yeah, I guess it is :D

Definitely different from what is normally shown in build logs but no less awesome. 

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons for posting a build log about this at all :D

An interesting thing is that it actually is a Mikrotik/Routerboard Reseller here in Norway :o

If I like the quality, I am probably going to buy one of theese: http://routerboard.com/RB44Ge for my server! :)

I have an Uncle which has his own ISP company, and he uses almost nothing else than Mikrotik/Routerboard (He could use Motorola, but that is quite another price class :(), the only problem is when lightning fries something, but some of the equipment has been on for years ;)

Awesome! I've been interested in buying their stuff but they're not very "famous" and I could never find any real feedback.

All of this should be very interesting :)

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Excellent! This log should provide great fodder for broadening my horizons

a bit. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Subbed, should be interesting!  ^_^

Thanks!

Awesome! I've been interested in buying their stuff but they're not very "famous" and I could never find any real feedback.

All of this should be very interesting :)

Well, no they are in no way "famous", they are in a VERY special way a weird brand because of pricing and what you get :)

I have updated the first post with product pictures! :)

The spoiler seems to be broken, so all the pictures are going to be large :P

PS! Just used a room available for pics, so some random items, which are not mine ;)

I have updated the first post with product pictures! :)

The spoiler seems to be broken, so all the pictures are going to be large :P

PS! Just used a room available for pics, so some random items, which are not mine ;)

That's some nice hardware! I'd say I'm a little jealous right now :)

Any details on what the network map will be like?

That's some nice hardware! I'd say I'm a little jealous right now :)

Any details on what the network map will be like?

It will be two network maps, one for TV (FibreTV) and one for Internet (Fibre), the first will be like: Modem(Required by ISP :() - 260GS - TV1 - TV2 and it goes on... The second will be like: Modem - CloudCore - Main PC - Server - Server (unsure if I am going with 2 or 4 :P - OfficePC -Room 1 - Office2-Laptop - Room1 Internet (Xbox?) - Room2 -Laptop Room2 Internet) And all of theese have the possibility to acces the server at high speeds, and this setup will probably not need to be changed in quite a while, since it can handle 6 Gbit in, if to only one PC, with 6 Ethernet ports :D

WOW Nice hardware.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Looks interesting like too see how it turns out :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap, that software looks awesome! Good thing I don't have the money

to upgrade our networking infrastructure at the moment, otherwise my wallet

would already be shivering in fear again. :lol:

Dat beige. I can't wait to see more.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That is actually one positive thing about being young, in  :wub:  with tech, and not have moved out yet, especially, since my father owns his own business, I get so to say only the good parts :D

But somehow my wallet actually survived the nuke I have dropped on it in the last while :o

Dat beige. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks! :)

That is actually one positive thing about being young, in  :wub:  with tech, and not have moved out yet, especially, since my father owns his own business, I get so to say only the good parts :D

But somehow my wallet actually survived the nuke I have dropped on it in the last while :o

Haha, yes I'm in the same situation; bad health has kind of delayed my life plans

so I'll be in college (and living at home) for quite a while yet despite turning 28

soon. Ah well, can't complain, such is life. As you say, it definitely has its upsides,

especially if one's dad is self-employed (which mine is as well).

My wallet is hanging by a thread after all the stuff I've put it through with HELIOS,

I'll be needing to give it a bit of a breather until I continue. :lol:

It still is because of HELIOS. It doesn't want to go back to it again. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)