GTX 1060 leak (TAKE WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF SALT)

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

My thoughts? I think this is a repost:

Didn't know, I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

No. IIRC VEGA was pushed up for a release this year.

Soooooooooooo whats VEGA ?

2 minutes ago, nskceaj said:

Soooooooooooo whats VEGA ?

AMD high-end 14nm GPU's with HBM2 memory. They will compete with GTX 1070, 1080, and pressumably 1080 Ti and Titan Pascal.

can we stop putting single 6 pin connectors on cards.. please? Also i feel like this is fake. who makes a graph like this?

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

can we stop putting single 6 pin connectors on cards.. please? Also i feel like this is fake. who makes a graph like this?

Nvidia. They did it with the 1080.

This vs 480 AIB will be interesting. But my god NV and their misleading graphs. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Wtf is that graph...

Nvidia © Graphworks ®

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

9 minutes ago, Wolther said:

If you want a higher power card, get a higher power card. I think the vast majority of potential customers of this wont be doing big overclocks. Instead, they're looking for a balance of performance, power, and price.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Duplicate post,  please delete

huh?

2 minutes ago, gilang01 said:

huh?

I am on mobile and for some reason i got two posts. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I don't care if NV claims are legit or not, i can't take this shit seriously with that freaking chart, its the BS graph of "lets make it look like its vastly superior but the numbers themselves are barely different"

GTFO with that crap.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

40 minutes ago, Wolther said:

If it was the 1050/TI it would be more than sufficient.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So, compared to a 1080, 50% of the cuda cores and 60% of the memory bandwidth, exactly where it would be expected, could be real, could be fake.

Its obviously fake. No company says "Much faster than". Thats a huge giveawayq

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

43 minutes ago, Tedny said:

Man, 390 vs 480x in comparison this was is the same( 480 won.... but fps better on 390) 

The 480 probably will be faster than the 390 in a few months due to driver maturation, It has more raw power 

1060 + 400(ish) cuda cores = 970 clocked at 1.7ghz which would be somewhere between 980 and 980ti, i doubt the 1060 will perform that much better  maybe somewhere in the middle of the 970 and 980 which will be the position of the 480 after a few driver optimization, so i doubt the 1060 will destroy the 480 they will most likely be equal and no the overclocking ability is most likely non existent since pascal is basically just maxwell and the most tend to got was around 1500ghz, this is pushing the limit so i do NOT see it overclocking well if at all

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

that looks legit...:p

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

do tell me the price i dont care about the cooler, ihope they price it under 250 so it can kill lier amd