Best Wireless Gaming Mouse

Vicente Gomez

Hey Guys,

So I'm looking for a wireless gaming mouse to pair up with my gaming laptop. My budget is under $100. Thank you all in advanced for your recommendations! 

Just now, Vicente Gomez said:

Hey Guys,

So I'm looking for a wireless gaming mouse to pair up with my gaming laptop. My budget is under $100. Thank you all in advanced for your recommendations! 

Under 100? Get a wired one instead or save up to a G900, everything else doesnt make much sense.

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

G900 ... serious gaming. 

Whilst the G900 is an excellent technical achievement by Logitech, it will never be used for serious gaming. 

Look at any major Quake or Counter-Strike tournaments since the G900 was released and going forward, you will never see the G900 be used. 

The numbers are impressive, but none of the professionals will use it. Mainly because of the 107g weight. 

Unless you define "serious gaming" as playing CS:GO matchmaking all the time but never touching an actual CS:GO major. 

20 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I stand corrected, and thanks for informing.

Didn't know that OP was going to compete in a tourny and was too professional to not know what wireless mouse he needed to compete on his laptop.

From the sounds of it, the OP just wants a suitable mouse to go with his/her budget "gaming on the go" solution. No mention of participation in major tournaments. 

My post was a knee jerk reaction. I just scoffed when the G900 was described as for "serious gaming". Weight is an enormous issue when aiming. Very few mouse manufacturers understand this, and the ones that do, know that audience for a lightweight no frills gaming mouse is too small for business.

Example: Ninox Aurora. 70g mouse. Brilliant idea. A shame it was no good. 

To make it so light, very thin plastic was needed.

With careful design, you can avoid a build quality compromise. They didn't do that. 

The firmware was poorly written. You cannot press mouse 1 or 2 within 50ms of each other. If you have jump on m2 and shoot on m1, suddenly something as basic as rocket jumping becomes a chore. 

Just now, nobelharvards said:

Whilst the G900 is an excellent technical achievement by Logitech, it will never be used for serious gaming. 

Look at any major Quake or Counter-Strike tournaments since the G900 was released and going forward, you will never see the G900 be used. 

The numbers are impressive, but none of the professionals will use it. Mainly because of the 107g weight.

Well, somebody has already used it at some major event, not following CS as i think its a lowbob preaim oneshot game(get triggered) so i cant remember who it was. Regardless DA and Rival are also widely used and are ~105g, not to mention that pros are often picking stuff for arbitrary reasons or dont know any alternatives.

1 hour ago, woll3 said:

Well, somebody has already used it at some major event, not following CS as i think its a lowbob preaim oneshot game(get triggered) so i cant remember who it was. Regardless DA and Rival are also widely used and are ~105g, not to mention that pros are often picking stuff for arbitrary reasons or dont know any alternatives.

The most popular mice amongst non sponsored or no product placement contract CS:Go teams, are Zowie mice. 

Rival and Deathadder are both favoured for their comfortable large shells. 

The Deathadder sensor can be perceived to be extremely responsive because of the s3989 high frame rate, 12 500 compared the pwm3310's 6500 or the 3366's 12 000, despite its extrapolated CPI steps. 

The lift off distance on the Deathadder is horrid. Something like 4 CDs. Not sure if it can be adjusted via Synapse. 

2 hours ago, nobelharvards said:

The most popular mice amongst non sponsored or no product placement contract CS:Go teams, are Zowie mice. 

Rival and Deathadder are both favoured for their comfortable large shells.

The Rival (and most of SteelSeries' mice) use a horribly inferior sensor. 

The Deathadder sensor can be perceived to be extremely responsive because of the s3989 high frame rate, 12 500 compared the pwm3310's 6500 or the 3366's 12 000, despite its extrapolated CPI steps. 

The lift off distance on the Deathadder is horrid. Something like 4 CDs. Not sure if it can be adjusted via Synapse. 

?

Rival(300) uses the same sensor , its all about Firmware , same with the DA, its not just the 3988 its also its Firmware. EC-1 is also ~100g just saying and the Zowies are having comparatively bad motion latency, due to bad FW, no SROM manioulation capabilities and a 10 year old controller, not a problem for CS though because you arent moving the mouse anyway.

24 minutes ago, woll3 said:

?

Rival(300) uses the same sensor , its all about Firmware , same with the DA, its not just the 3988 its also its Firmware. EC-1 is also ~100g just saying and the Zowies are having comparatively bad motion latency, due to bad FW, no SROM manioulation capabilities and a 10 year old controller, not a problem for CS though because you arent moving the mouse anyway.

Sorry about the Rival, I wasn't thinking straight. Steel Series do have a few mice with great safe shapes, but poor sensor choices. 

As for the inferior firmware, yes that is an issue, but Zowie is one of the best compromises between a safe shape, and performance. 

Apologies about any blunders, it's the early hours of the morning in Sydney. I came back to this thread just because I realised I shit talked the wrong mouse. My bad. :P

1 hour ago, nobelharvards said:

Sorry about the Rival, I wasn't thinking straight. Steel Series do have a few mice with great safe shapes, but poor sensor choices. 

As for the inferior firmware, yes that is an issue, but Zowie is one of the best compromises between a safe shape, and performance. 

Apologies about any blunders, it's the early hours of the morning in Sydney. I came back to this thread just because I realised I shit talked the wrong mouse. My bad. :P

NP,  the annoying thing to me is that most people arent even looking into alternatives, like the Alcor instead the EC2 for example, and there are only going to be more in the future like the Ventus X Optical, the Nixeus Revel, and Logitech is also cooking up something.