RX 480 Not being detected

I recently got an RX 480, and to my surprise, it doesn't work. It isn't detected by windows for some reason, and whenever I try to install drivers it doesn't install all of them. The card 'works' (its fan is blowing and its heating up), the PCI-E works, and I have drivers installed. Yet it still refuses to work. Some other people are having the same problem (https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/4qhl3o/rx_480_isnt_being_detected_after_installation/ tried the 'fix', didn't work for me) and their issues are the exact same as mine with the same errors. Any tips/miraculous drivers/things I somehow forgot? THANKS!

EDIT: 

I run windows 8.1 64 bit

16 GB RAM

i5 6600
MSI (Obviously) RX 480 8 Gb MSI 

1 minute ago, Varaxous said:

I recently got an RX 480, and to my surprise, it doesn't work. It isn't detected by windows for some reason, and whenever I try to install drivers it doesn't install all of them. The card 'works' (its fan is blowing and its heating up), the PCI-E works, and I have drivers installed. Yet it still refuses to work. Some other people are having the same problem (https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/4qhl3o/rx_480_isnt_being_detected_after_installation/ tried the 'fix', didn't work for me) and their issues are the exact same as mine with the same errors. Any tips/miraculous drivers/things I somehow forgot? THANKS!

so the computer loads up to windows and displays everything but doesnt install drivers? 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

so the computer loads up to windows and displays everything but doesnt install drivers? 

eJiFp42.png?1 this is the only thing it shows it as. Everything is exactly the same as before I installed the graphics card, which is the problem, since the graphics card isn't showing up.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

For the AMD installer for drivers are you using the automatic detector or the manual install?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Yes, I've been downloading those drivers.

are you using the 16.6.2 ver drivers?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, SherifsDog22 said:

For the AMD installer for drivers are you using the automatic detector or the manual install?

I've tried both. When I do the automatic install it just shows this

SrJkOOs.png?1

2 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

are you using the 16.6.2 ver drivers?

Yepperoo

it seems to think it's an APU

try just the manual install

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

it seems to think it's an APU

try just the manual install

I have tried to several times. The install manager doesn't install everything, it just shows this:http://imgur.com/PDNl5ZU (shamelessly stolen from the reddit thread)

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Might also just be a software bug

I have troubleshot and I'm 99% either the card is a dud or the software is being stupid

that's bizarre.

have you used DDU to completely remove old installs before trying again?

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

that's bizarre.

have you used DDU to completely remove old installs before trying again?

Don't know what that is, so I'm going to go do it.

2 minutes ago, Varaxous said:

I have troubleshot and I'm 99% either the card is a dud or the software is being stupid

480 did just release, it would make sense if a bug in the driver was the issue. If it is, AMD will probably release a patch

4 minutes ago, Varaxous said:

Don't know what that is, so I'm going to go do it.

go here to download this program

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

it helps remove bad driver install

you will need to reboot the PC a few times.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

In your device Manager, do you have an unrecognized device?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I installed the DDU, purged my system of all installs, and then reinstalled AMD drivers. Still only trying to install audio and the install manager again.

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

In your device Manager, do you have an unrecognized device?

5m1X495.png?1 

Just shows up as this. 

Same issue with mine, this is the RX 480 XFX branded card, seen a few other people on Twitter with the same issue. 

1 minute ago, ReviewsByGarry said:

Same issue with mine, this is the RX 480 XFX branded card, seen a few other people on Twitter with the same issue. 

Then it seems this could be a software issue. Will probably just have to wait and see if AMD releases anything.

1 minute ago, Varaxous said:

Then it seems this could be a software issue. Will probably just have to wait and see if AMD releases anything.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking as well, I've ran DDU as well. 

3 minutes ago, Varaxous said:

5m1X495.png?1 

Just shows up as this. 

That's really weird... your PC dont even recognized the intel iGPU? And it only recognized the 480 as "basic display adapter". Maybe try enable the iGPU, plug ur monitor into the mobo and then completely uninstall that driver and install again?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log