290 100% Fan

Kuzma

Installed a HG10 A1 onto my R9 290 but during the boot sequence after a while the GPU fan will go to 100% but I haven't ran it for long enough to see if it will crash.

I can't actually boot into windows before this happens so I can't check the GPU temps.

Any help?

I've re-installed the HG10 A1 twice now just to guarantee it's not an issue with the heatsink/fan.

Not sure if I should just keep running it and see what happens.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

7 minutes ago, Kuzma said:

Installed a HG10 A1 onto my R9 290 but during the boot sequence after a while the GPU fan will go to 100% but I haven't ran it for long enough to see if it will crash.

I can't actually boot into windows before this happens so I can't check the GPU temps.

Any help?

I've re-installed the HG10 A1 twice now just to guarantee it's not an issue with the heatsink/fan.

Not sure if I should just keep running it and see what happens.

Have you checked the thermals or is it just going based off fan speed? could be software related. 

Edit** nevermind im an idiot, apparently i can't read... 

I would try to get into windows and check the temps. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

Have you checked the thermals or is it just going based off fan speed? could be software related. 

"I can't actually boot into windows before this happens so I can't check the GPU temps."

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

1 minute ago, Kuzma said:

"I can't actually boot into windows before this happens so I can't check the GPU temps."

Check my edit.

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

Check my edit.

Ah okay, so the slight issue is that Windows seems to be forcing a defrag. I'm a tad bit worried about sitting through the defrag.

Bump....