Radeon RX 480 Benchmarks

HKZeroFive

First 'legitimate' benchmark although I always thought [Tech of Tomorrow] had a bias towards AMD. Will update as they get released.

Tech of Tomorrow

Linus Tech Tips

Hardware Unboxed

AdoredTV

Austin Evans

Awesomesauce Network

Digital Foundry

GamerNexus

JayzTwoCents

OC3D

Paul's Hardware

PCPerspective

Tek Syndicate

AnandTech - Review Link

ArsTechnica - Review Link

Engadget - Review Link

Eteknix - Review Link

Eurogamer - Review Link

Guru3D - Review Link

GamerNexus - Review Link

GameSpot - Review Link

Hardware Canucks - Review Link

HardOCP - Review Link

HotHardware - Review Link

Hexus - Review Link

KitGuru - Review Link

LegitReviews - Review Link

PCPerspective - Review Link

PCWorld - Review Link

Phoronix - Review Link

Polygon - Review Link

TechPowerUp - Review Link + Crossfire

TechReport - Review Link

TechSpot - Review Link

Tom's Hardware - Review Link

TrustedReviews - Review Link

TweakTown - Review Link

Thoughts: When I die, I want AMD to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time. This is disappointing to say the least. A 1.5% overclock made the card go from 83C to 91C!

In my honest opinion, the hype was too much and the card ended up falling flat of most expectations. Is it good value? Yes, it's still quite solid. Was it the game changing card everyone expected? No.

Sorry AMD, but that's a big letdown in my book.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

So stock it's like a 290X?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

-SNIP-

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

As a Nvidia fan, I'm so want to flip a table right now

It perform UNDER A 290X and 970 EXOC! That is BS! That mean Nvidia will again have the monopoly on the market and can do whatever they want with the price...

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

4 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Not exactly. It's basically slightly worse than a R9 390.

I'll admit the hype got to me... it's disappointing.

And a 1.5% overclock shot the card from 83C to 91C? What the actual fuck?!

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

I want to see his settings on fan speed though. If the fan was running at 20% that would make some sense.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Well i mean at the price point was everyone expecting a 1080?

That's just not how the game is played... But yeah i was excited to go back to AMD but alas, not today. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

1.5%! It's even worst than the 5% reported before on my leak...

Also you should update those summary to the first post

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

i dont think the guy understands what true audio is

2 minutes ago, Megazero said:

1.5%! It's even worst than the 5% reported before on my leak...

Also you should update those summary to the first post

I'm not sure why that is actually. XFX got 1360MHz factory without issues apparently.

I'm disappointed honestly.

Still might buy one, not sure now

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

2 minutes ago, raphidy said:

I am disappointed. My morning just got rekt. Overclock is shotty? Where is my overclocker's dream to 1600? Well, I was expecting a sidegrade from the 390. But this card is sometime worse than that...meh.

let this be a reminder to NEVER EVER trust anything from WCCFT, those ***** kept going on and on about the supposed 1400Mhz+ overclocks.

The editor even said AMD tried to bribe them with RX 480's to make them stop the supposed leaks.

All BS spouted from them.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

26 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

always thought he had a bias towards AMD

like no shit xD

150W, but, some spanish (I think) reviewers actually measured the power draw to be quite near 170W - and that puts in GTX970 AIB territory

GloFo doesn't disappoint, like they did with 14nm LPE and delivers a shitty power hungry process node

RX480 ... facepalm AMD xD

"runs a little bit hot" it's an understatement - no wonder some people yesterday pointed this out, specifically

ps: the Ashes result was very disappointing as it's one of AMD's most biased benches

Don't get up in arms over one reviewer, wait for others to release their reviews. One thing i noticed is had all the settings maxed out on all games which you shouldn't do on  200$ card.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

like no shit xD

150W, but, some spanish (I think) reviewers actually measured the power draw to be quite near 170W - and that puts in GTX970 AIB territory

GloFo doesn't disappoint, like they did with 14nm LPE and delivers a shitty power hungry process node

"runs a little bit hot" it's an understatement - no wonder some people yesterday pointed this out, specifically

Single 6-pin won't be stable at 170W.

Wow... I was setting my expectations bar really low just so that I wouldn't get disappointed... And AMD still manages to limbo like Hermes Conrad under it.

Costs more than a GTX 970 in Europe and can't even match it in terms of performance. 

Can't even match the fucking R9 390 (not the X version).

What a piece of shit... I feel bad for the people who were running around saying it would match the GTX 980.

AMD once again shows why they are the kings of disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Don't get up in arms over one reviewer, wait for others to release their reviews. One thing i noticed is had all the settings maxed out on all games which you shouldn't do on  200$ card.

That's the ONLY way to review cards, you compare at highest settings to know worst case senario per game

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

like no shit xD

it has 6 pin only, meaning it cant pass 150w. how did they get 170w ????!!!! thats just idiotic

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

3 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

How would you compare cards then? Everything at medium?

3 minutes ago, raphidy said:

How would you compare cards then? Everything at medium?

You tell me, when you are gaming you set everything on max or try to get at 60 fps by lowering few settings. Also few settings are know to hit specific vendor harder than others

it has 6 pin only, meaning it cant pass 150w. how did they get 170w ????!!!! thats just idiotic

PCI-E 6-pin can deliver more than 75 watts, you know?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

That means you can only "safely" pull 150, there isn't really a limit to how much you could pull through that connector, look at the 295X2 that pulled 550w through 2 eight pins (375)

8 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

it's not idiotic at since since there is no law that said the PCIe power can't deliver more than it's "rated" for - just a hind to R9 295X2 and it's monstrous power draw

jump to 3:43

Edited by zMeul

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Wow... I was setting my expectations bar really low just so that I wouldn't get disappointed... And AMD still manages to limbo like Hermes Conrad under it.

Costs more than a GTX 970 in Europe and can't even match it in terms of performance. 

Can't even match the fucking R9 390 (not the X version).

What a piece of shit...

Except in Fallout 4 and Assa Syndicate, then it does well somehow with Gameworks features on. I found that rather interesting. Also why Bench Tomb Raider with DX12, but the new Total War game with DX11. Both should be 11 and 12 tests.
fy41Yo8.jpg

UrGSXWj.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q