LinusTech hacked

rm -rf
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

We will have further updates for you shortly on this matter.

Linustechtips.com and @linustech on Twitter were hacked. Poodlecorp has public ally said they are responsible. Here is a place to discuss this.

At 8:56 PDT 29/06 @LinusTech tweeted out: "hacked by @poodlecorp"

The profile picture had been changed, and the name had been changed to: "hacked by poodlecorp"

I was like wut linustechtips was down and im like thats not normal so what do you know now it's been hacked

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

I was wondering what happened and I knew something was up.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, azraelkrieg said:

There is already a topic for this though

I couldn't find one, could you please link me to it?

sorry you're a few hours late

this is the place to discuss it V V V

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

sorry you're a few hours late

this is the place to discuss it V V V

Damn, sorry.

I was going to edit the starting comment with information as it comes in.

Would it still be okay to keep it if I do that?

2 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

Damn, sorry.

I was going to edit the starting comment with information as it comes in.

Would it still be okay to keep it if I do that?

Idk, let's ask a mod.

@Ryan_Vickers

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Idk, let's ask a mod.

@Ryan_Vickers

I'm not in a position to comment on this situation at this time.  The right people will address it officially when they are ready.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not in a position to comment on this situation at this time.  The right people will address it officially when they are ready.

That's not what I'm asking but okay. It was whether or not this thread should be merged or whatever.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think what @wcreek was asking was whether or not this duplicate thread could be kept. The OP on the earlier thread isn't supplying information on it, it is purely discussion.

As far as we know the forum remained completely untouched, the issue was due to DNS.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

We will have further updates for you shortly on this matter.