Samsung Galaxy Gear - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/GzBuk2

Amazon: http://geni.us/djVcl

Yeah I know the NCIX listing doesn't work, and Amazon's pre-order price is RIDICULOUS (MSRP is $300), but quite frankly I think most people will probably be buying them in bundles anyway. Samsung hinted that there might be some pretty great bundles.

My overall impressions (as a Pebble user) are pretty positive. The extra functionality is great versus something that feels more like "baby's first smartwatch", but battery life would be a major drawback to me, as would the bulky size. The size of the Pebble is perfect for me. Maybe a larger display would be nice, but by eating into some of the bezel area that could be easily remedied.

I think the conclusion of Brian Klug's review at Anandtech hit the nail on the head when he said "If we look at Samsung's history in nearly every market we've followed it (SoCs, SSDs, smartphones), the company has a tendency to show up early with the wrong solution, but iterate aggressively to the point where it ends up with a very good solution." (read the full article here)

I've said this quite a few times in the past, and it continues to be true. With that in mind, the Gear isn't nearly as abysmal of a "first attempt" as some other Samsung products have been, and if you wanted a smart watch, I wouldn't say "stay away". I'm just not going to say "You NEED to own this device".

I really need to see what Apple delivers with the iWatch before the direction in which this category is moving will be clear.

They need better compatibility and battery life before something like this will take off.

I am pretty frikin excited by this. I would consider myself a pretty power phone user (My htc one with cyanogenmod doesn't even last me a day :/, I miss my jailbroke iphone5 tbh) but the ease of reading notifications and poping my phone out to have my text or whatever already on screen (although cyanogenmod does this sorta, when proximity sensor is not longer  active, as in when you take it out of your pocket it will display your notification). Basically, cyanogenmod, with something like this built well, lets just say I would buy it, quickly! 

Also really want to see what apple comes out with, as I might be going back to iphone 6 when it drops as I do miss the iphone experience.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I am thinking I would want the apple version because I would assume (because it's apple) that it would be made with a metal wrist band. I hate watches that are plastic or leather. It's a fashion accessory and I like to have a good looking watch and I'm not someone that likes to where a bright orange watch on my wrist. If apple makes a silver iWatch and for some reason it worked with other phones it would be my go to smart watch. But until Android get's something that doesn't look like it's made for hipsters or children I will wait before I even think about buying one of them, because that pebble looks very childish to wear sorry to say. And it looks like it's cheap. Not much added to it, very basic device with a screen and buttons, a phone with buttons doesn't look elegent either it looks like it's tacked on because it's cheaper to make even though it takes away from the design.

And $453 is way to much. I could buy a Note 3 for that price almost. Seems like it's a little over inflated because it's new.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Are you going to be doing an overview of the Note 3? I saw you had it featured in your video :) Just wondering.

Great video, loved it as always.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

How come this vid dont work here or on youtube?

it does not work for me either... 

it does not work for me either... 

same here....what is the problem? 2.5k? there are 10,000 views already, is it just few of us that cant watch?

same here....what is the problem? 2.5k? there are 10,000 views already, is it just few of us that cant watch

It works for me.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

It works for me.

I have no idea, I tried it on different brower and cleaned up my cookie etc. and it didnt work on youtube...but just worked in this page...

however, it's laggy..like a 12FPS video..

same here....what is the problem? 2.5k? there are 10,000 views already, is it just few of us that cant watch?

i tried it on mobile(720p screen) but obviously it i didn't see any differences. and tried on a completely different computer on a completely different network and still didnt work for me.

How long is it going to take for the pricing on this type of gear to come down to a more mainstream price range? 100 - 150$

Crosair C70 - i7 4700 - Corsair H100 - Gigabyte Z68 - 16gb HyperX RAM - GTX 780 CLASSIFIED - and An Optical drive