Xiaomi Mipad Revisited!

Indus Monk

Hello, today i am here to revisit the Xiaomi mipad. After 8 months, so let's get started!

If you wanna read my review from 8 months ago click here.

Let's get started!

Let us look into the past:

But do not be fooled by the TegraK1!, it slows down ever so often, becomes unresponsive and crashes. The games run really terribly for a device like this... it performs more like a snapdragon 615 based phone! The music playback is very good through headphones but if you use a Bluetooth speaker, then it will skip and crackle like crazy. YouTube playback is also meh as it stutters a lot!

The Present Day:

I really like how much this tablet has matured so much software-wise... The thing is much better than what it was, trust me! This thing now plays games without crashing at all. Light games run fast and smooth (although there is a bit of micro stutter). Heavy games run at 30 FPS or so. All that stuttering and crashing has come to an end. It still performs pretty average, but it's a lot better than what it was 8 months ago. If there was anything to rant about then that would be the speakers; they have become a bit quiet. And The cameras (see below)

What Has Not Changed:

(Just quoting my old review here!)

Both cameras are Good if there is enough light but there is a lot of noise in the Pictures. The secondary microphone helps by a whopping 0% in noise cancelling!

In the international version atleast, Google Play is available.

Overall Ratings: 4/5

Price: $200 or less

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

*sigh* seems like a windows tablet would be a very nice alternative if one doesn't specifically need android for specific apps that cannot be replaced with full-featured software on the Win side.

Toshiba apparently has some stuff.

Just sayin' 

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 hour ago, FIXXX said:

*sigh* seems like a windows tablet would be a very nice alternative if one doesn't specifically need android for specific apps that cannot be replaced with full-featured software on the Win side.

Toshiba apparently has some stuff.

Just sayin' 

But the windows has a huge games gap as compared to Android on the mobile side

37 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

But the windows has a huge games gap as compared to Android on the mobile side

Games on the phone? Sorry im not the right populous for such an argument. Last game I played on the phone was a color matching game on an old Samsung Blackjack II. Phones just get too warm, it drains the battery and the screens are just too darn small. Too many arguments against it, for me.

Give me a 6-7k miliamps battery, and medium-range specs - and i'm all good :)

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

2 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Games on the phone? Sorry im not the right populous for such an argument. Last game I played on the phone was a color matching game on an old Samsung Blackjack II. Phones just get too warm, it drains the battery and the screens are just too darn small. Too many arguments against it, for me.

Give me a 6-7k miliamps battery, and medium-range specs - and i'm all good :)

But, I don't see the point of a windows tablet... A lot of the software cannot even run on those tablets. They (the softwares) were designed with a Pentium in mind, not with an Arm CPU in mind.

15 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

But, I don't see the point of a windows tablet... A lot of the software cannot even run on those tablets. They (the softwares) were designed with a Pentium in mind, not with an Arm CPU in mind.

No no, I meant the windows tablet as a media consumption device. In such a function it excels over any Android competitor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2016 at 2:42 AM, FIXXX said:

No no, I meant the windows tablet as a media consumption device. In such a function it excels over any Android competitor.

For you, maybe, for me, NO