Monochrome

rjshield

This is my first personal build. I have spent quite a while on all of the little details:

The motherboard heat sinks originally had blue on them.

I modded the Stock cooler.

Changed the SATA power cables.

Modified the PSU labels.

Covered all exposed coloured wires.

Made a fan filter to the top.

Managed all the cables.

Dual windowed side panels.

I'm going to add white LED strips in the coming weeks and possibly sleeve the power supply with paracord.

CPU                    Intel Core i5-4670K

Motherboard       Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H

Memory               Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

Storage               OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5"

Seagate Momentus 160GB 2.5"

Case                    Corsair 350D Window 

Power Supply       Corsair CXM 600

I'm planning on getting a R9 series AMD Graphics card in the near future. 

Full album:http://imgur.com/a/omboT

6Y4aY6Gh.jpg

dqQXwc7h.jpg

Ip836tMh.jpg

rHzo5Oeh.jpg

SmOqGfQh.jpg

HzpIKeXh.jpg

ZVZpSwDh.jpg

jpSBAYVh.jpg

dh63JnGh.jpg

sA8swi0h.jpg

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

Interesting...please get rid of that stock cooler though :x

maybe: http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/xigmatek-cpu-cooler-darkknightiisd1283nighthawkedition ?

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Dat cabling

change cooler and you're set. 

Dark rock pro 2 would look pretty sleek in there. 

Error: 410

Nice and simple looking. Have you considered hiding the sata cables behind the motherboard?

Interesting...please get rid of that stock cooler though :x

maybe: http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/xigmatek-cpu-cooler-darkknightiisd1283nighthawkedition ?

I probably will when money permits.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

Nice and simple looking. Have you considered hiding the sata cables behind the motherboard?

with shorter cables I could.

Very clean, nice cable routing.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Bloody 'ell that is one clean build! :wub:

And don't worry about the stock cooler too much, it's by far not as

horrible as many scream it to be, and it doesn't really stand out that

much with the blotch of paint you've given it.

Not that something beefier and prettier wouldn't be nice, of course. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Bloody 'ell that is one clean build! :wub:

And don't worry about the stock cooler too much, it's by far not as

horrible as many scream it to be, and it doesn't really stand out that

much with the blotch of paint you've given it.

Not that something beefier and prettier wouldn't be nice, of course. ;)

Kinda totally defeats the purpose of having a K series CPU, though.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Change that cpu cooler and get yourself a gpu :). I would recommend something like the Dark rock pro 2 or h100i.  Overall, nice build so far :).   

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

That's a very clean, nice looking build!

I also like how most things in that room fit into the colour scheme of black, white and orange haha.

Kinda totally defeats the purpose of having a K series CPU, though.

Well, you know, keeping one's options open is always a good thing. I made

the mistake of buying a non-k i5 when I thought I was never going to O/C

my build and then "had to" buy a k CPU when I wanted to stretch my legs

a bit.

Also, that's what the "it would be nice to have something more powerful"

line was kinda all about. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love the HDD cage.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I love what you've done with the motherboard, do you mind me asking how you did it? I assume you either painted over the blue, or it was just stickers that you peeled off.

Nice and simple i like it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I love what you've done with the motherboard, do you mind me asking how you did it? I assume you either painted over the blue, or it was just stickers that you peeled off.

I covered the blue with self adhesive vinyl cut to match the shape of the blue, as a result i can just peel them off and not void the warranty. You could also probably use black electrical tape.

I covered the blue with self adhesive vinyl cut to match the shape of the blue, as a result i can just peel them off and not void the warranty. You could also probably use black electrical tape.

Ahh, thanks. I think I might have a go at something like this when I do my new build. 

Love it. The only thing I would do is that I would install the drives up side down so the data and power cables would go up and out of sight from the front

This is a nice clean simple build :) 

Rig; HAF XB===ASUS GTX TITAN===ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z===16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1866MHZ===FX VISHERA 8350 OC===CORSAIR HX 750 WATTS ===ANTEC SILENT FAN X 4===2x HYPER X 128GB SSD===CORSAIR SLEEVED CABLE BLACK/RED===SOUND BLASTER ZXR 

Very clean build and workspace setup!  My only complaint is that the computer ends up on the floor haha.

My Rigs (past and present)

• 2 weeks later...

I've now flipped the drives and routed the cables along the edge of the motherboard tray.

Nice build, and nice setup. What R9 card do you think will match the build though?

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Nice build, and nice setup. What R9 card do you think will match the build though?

As a result of the 280X being a re-brand I've ordered an Asus 7970  DirectCU II Top at a great price; It arrives tomorrow. I will probably cover the red stripes with vinyl stickers like I did for the power supply and motherboard.