[QUESTION] Custom Hardtubed Watercooling

Hello LTT,

I am planning on making a project which as you can see in the title, I want to be fully custom watercooled with hardtubes. 

Since this is my first project when it comes to watercooling, I am looking for someone that could make a list of components that I would have to purchase for my build.

In the attachment I did put a picture of the hardware for the PC that I have bought so far.

If it would be possible, can you send or create a list with prices included of components that I would need for watercooling.

The website I want to purchase the components from is; EKWB. 

Other websites are fine aswell, I just need quality an as less problems as I can get.

Thank you for your time, its really appriciated!

Sincerly,

Michel van der Donk

Setup.png

You could get an i5 6600k, 600W PSU and a GTX 1080. If this is the first time when you do watercooling, I suggest to stick to soft tubing first. It's a lot easier to do and you'll get a lot of experience with doing so. I've done close to 10 watercooled PC's including a few hardline ones and I tell you- it's very difficult.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

You could get an i5 6600k, 600W PSU and a GTX 1080. If this is the first time when you do watercooling, I suggest to stick to soft tubing first. It's a lot easier to do and you'll get a lot of experience with doing so. I've done close to 10 watercooled PC's including a few hardline ones and I tell you- it's very difficult.

I know that, but I need the i7 for the power. And the graphics card is going to be overkill, so its just for future preferences. Also my dad is a plumber, so I should be fine with the tubing since he has been using and creating tubing for the past 25 years.

1 minute ago, BuildToLast said:

I know that, but I need the i7 for the power. And the graphics card is going to be overkill, so its just for future preferences. Also my dad is a plumber, so I should be fine with the tubing since he has been using and creating tubing for the past 25 years.

Metal tubing is different from acrylic/PETG. Depends what you use the PC for too. You could watch a few videos on Jayztwocents channel on bending acrylic tubing and acrylic vs petg.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

6 minutes ago, blu4 said:

I've done close to 10 watercooled PC's including a few hardline ones and I tell you- it's very difficult.

It's more of 'pain in the ass', not that difficult :D

2 minutes ago, blu4 said:

Metal tubing is different from acrylic/PETG. Depends what you use the PC for too. You could watch a few videos on Jayztwocents channel on bending acrylic tubing and acrylic vs petg.

Alright I will keep that in mind, I know he has worked with acrylic bending before. Is there any way you can make me a list of components that I would need? :)

7 minutes ago, BuildToLast said:

Alright I will keep that in mind, I know he has worked with acrylic bending before. Is there any way you can make me a list of components that I would need? :)

PETG is way better for hardline tubing, check the video that JayzTwoCents made about hardline watercooling tubes :)

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

13 minutes ago, BuildToLast said:

Since others have not posted you a link to it.. here you go:

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I can't go to youtube right now cause I'm at work :P

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Yeah ive been looking into his links for the past week thank you. The only thing I need is a list with stuff that I have to purchase to start building at this point.

2 minutes ago, BuildToLast said:

Yeah ive been looking into his links for the past week thank you. The only thing I need is a list with stuff that I have to purchase to start building at this point.

I'll toss you a list together real quick. One thing I recommend is that even if you don't go with this exact list, ALWAYS get your tubing and fittings from the same place.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

I'll toss you a list together real quick. One thing I recommend is that even if you don't go with this exact list, ALWAYS get your tubing and fittings from the same place.

Yeah I got that, thats what jay2cent told me aswell otherwise its never gonna fit propperly ive heard.. But thanks for the headsup :D

11 minutes ago, BuildToLast said:

Yeah I got that, thats what jay2cent told me aswell otherwise its never gonna fit propperly ive heard.. But thanks for the headsup :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pfq4Cy

You'll need 12 of the fittings, at least 8 units of the tubing along with 2 of the coolant. I wasn't sure what theme you might be going for so I just went with the clear coolant and black everywhere else as much as possible. All said and done you're looking at around $650 USD or 590 Euro. I didn't include fans but you'll need 5 120mm fans as well.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, Lurick said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pfq4Cy

You'll need 12 of the fittings, at least 8 units of the tubing along with 2 of the coolant. I wasn't sure what theme you might be going for so I just went with the clear coolant and black everywhere else as much as possible. All said and done you're looking at around $650 USD or 590 Euro. I didn't include fans but you'll need 5 120mm fans as well.

Is nickel the best you can use for watercooling? Or can I instead of the CPU and GPU block that you selected take the transparant ones?

1 minute ago, BuildToLast said:

Is nickel the best you can use for watercooling? Or can I instead of the CPU and GPU block that you selected take the transparant ones?

Yah you can swap them out just fine. It doesn't really make a difference at all. For the GPU you were referring to this one? https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-strix-nickel

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah you can swap them out just fine. It doesn't really make a difference at all. For the GPU you were referring to this one? https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-strix-nickel

Yeah, I want transparant fluid either way to start off with. But if I would want to add dyes later on that I can atleast see it :)

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Is there any way I might be able to talk to you in person, since you seem to know allot about it and I have some questions left.. Like throught skype or teamspeak by any chance?

3 minutes ago, BuildToLast said:

Yeah, I want transparant fluid either way to start off with. But if I would want to add dyes later on that I can atleast see it :)

Ah, if you're going to be going with dyes then I would suggest the following coolant:

https://mayhems.co.uk/coolants/x1-coolants/x1-concentrate-100ml/x1-clear-100ml/

Mayhems has a ton of dyes which are compatible with their coolant, for EK you would have to go with the pastel concentrate only.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

As someone who just built their first hardline watercooled loop, I highly recommend buying a LOT of extra PETG. Like A LOT. Be prepared for a few days downtime. Do NOT try to get it all done in one night--you'll get frustrated and just make more mistakes.

I also recommend to pick up a few 90degree fittings, for the really tight spots, and the really complicated bends you may have to do. I needed a few of them, and they really saved the day.

6 hours ago, BbsMentos said:

PETG is way better for hardline tubing, check the video that JayzTwoCents made about hardline watercooling tubes :)

Seriously...  Name a likely scenario where having PETG over acrylic will make a difference? Even if it can take a beating  I can't thin of one... 

15 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Seriously...  Name a likely scenario where having PETG over acrylic will make a difference? Even if it can take a beating  I can't thin of one... 

It's easier to bend. That, to me, is huge. Acrylic is much pickier than PETG temperature-wise.

It's easier to cut and deburr.