.m2ts to mp4?

Go to solution Solved by Strayan_Hades,
21 hours ago, keepreason said:

I also have the need to convert .m2ts to .mp4. Then I tried so many called M2tS to MP4 Converter.

Finally I find one called iDealshare VideoGo which works great in converting m2ts to mp4 with the high output video and audio quality.

According to my practice, it also helps to convert mts, avchd to mp4, avi, mov, apple prores, dv etc.

You may also get it from https://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/m2ts-to-mp4-converter-mac-windows.html

I now just use makemkv.

Hi,

Just got a brand new hdd to contain my movie collection and just wondering is their a way in Handbrake to just convert m2ts to mp4 without changing any of the original file quality ( Like Audio and Video bitrates) and only changing the file type. 

Because I want to get the full quality from my blu ray disc.

I mainly use Anydvd for older movies and Makemkv for newer titles.

Anyways or methods to change the file type without compressing the movie would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

load the file into handbrake, choose save destination, go to picture, Anamorphic must be strict, go to video set constant quality to 0, set x264 preset to how long you want it to take. The shorter the time the bigger the file size. Set x264 tune to film. set H.264 level to 4.1. Set h264 profile to high. Go to audio tab. set codec to DTS. 

Hopefully this works I havent dealt with m2ts before but looking at this is a similar process to other formats 

https://www.iskysoft.com/topic-mts/convert-mts-m2ts-with-handbrake.html

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

3 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

load the file into handbrake, choose save destination, go to picture, Anamorphic must be strict, go to video set constant quality to 0, set x264 preset to how long you want it to take. The shorter the time the bigger the file size. Set x264 tune to film. set H.264 level to 4.1. Set h264 profile to high. Go to audio tab. set codec to DTS. 

Hopefully this works I havent dealt with m2ts before but looking at this is a similar process to other formats 

https://www.iskysoft.com/topic-mts/convert-mts-m2ts-with-handbrake.html

Might give it a try ill comment back if it solves it.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Strayan_Bass said:

Might give it a try ill comment back if it solves it.

Cheers

Be aware the output file will be huge if you want to keep it down adjust the constant quality and x264 preset 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 minute ago, astrosheen said:

Be aware the output file will be huge if you want to keep it down adjust the constant quality and x264 preset 

Yeah, just got that warning about lossless So hopefully it makes it the same as the source file (m2ts)

26 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

I've also at the moment trying changing the video bitrate into to the same as m2ts file which is about 37041 and got DTS 5.1 audio  AC3 passthrough

• 10 months later...

I also have the need to convert .m2ts to .mp4. Then I tried so many called M2tS to MP4 Converter.

Finally I find one called iDealshare VideoGo which works great in converting m2ts to mp4 with the high output video and audio quality.

According to my practice, it also helps to convert mts, avchd to mp4, avi, mov, apple prores, dv etc.

You may also get it from https://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/m2ts-to-mp4-converter-mac-windows.html

21 hours ago, keepreason said:

I now just use makemkv.