Making a new computer

Arch2k

so I am planning to keep my old case since its really big just need it to get painted 

anyway I do want to stream which leads me to the intel E cpus or skylake 
and i have heard a new skylake is coming thats going to be better then the E cpu's 

heres my set up so far:

Ram:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820011114&ignorebbr=1
Still debating on this ram since i never get other ram which is Gskill which I love

MB:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130934&cm_re=msi_carbon-_-13-130-934-_-Product

CPU:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&ignorebbr=1

heres my big problem i am keeping two of my 24inch screens but getting a 3rd but it will be a 27inch screen I am willing to pay for $600 that has G-sync with 144 since i am planning to get the Ausu 1070 but i cant seem to find that right one you know 
I always read comments about them
this is where i ask for help at most of the time lol 

Arch2k

Dude, your shit is good enough. That i7 is fine for streaming. Best setup probably would be with 980/980 Ti

Haha yeah as everyone is saying you don't need a 5820k to stream xD A 4990k will be more than enough for years to come. CPU's are dying as the powerhouse of the PC. They'll always be there for multitasking, but all the heavy lifting is being done by GPU's more and more over time, because they are just so much faster and exponentially more efficient. Buy a normal CPU used, a couple generations old, then use that saved cash to buy a better GPU

So go Skylake for best gaming performance, go Haswell for best video editing performance

Best 27inch, 144hz, 1440p, G-Sync Monitor: https://www.amazon.com/SWIFT-PG279Q-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466709083&sr=8-1&keywords=ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q

The monitor is quite expensive, but it is the best 1440p monitor out there

1 minute ago, Terranamics said:

Also, for Skylake you could save $100 by getting the Asus Maximus VIII Hero for about $230

And the best Skylake CPU (i7 6700k) is only $330ish

14 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Broadwell-E is also out if you wanted to go that route.

But it's a whole lot more expensive and doesn't really give you good performance over last generations Haswell

it IS a bit more expensive, but it IS also a bit better. certainly not worth upgrading if you already have haswell-E, but if you're starting fresh, the cost difference is worth the performance difference imo.

streaming is not much of my worrys i have a 2012/2013 due for a upgrade and i am finding that gmaes these days r heavy on cpus at least the one i have has a problem with games since its old as hell

I have the 4990k listed as on of the cpu's just didnt put it down but i also have some parts listed in my shopping cart so i have things every where
and i know pretty much the gpu is the most that is needed but i will be doing other things other then streaming so i kinda need a stronger gpu not to mention i am getting a 1070 from a friend of mine as a gift 

i am not looking to spend $$ on a  xeon since thos are base for server needs which i am not doing at all 
need soemthing more like a i7 since ill be doing some art stuff on my own time when I can not to mention video editing if i ever get to learn it lol got a lot of big projects in mind with helping running a computer company making things and like computers and custom parts ect....

if u  guys got anything in mind for a good $600 monitor please post so i can look at them i am sure the ones that will be posted will be the ones I am looking at just having trouble since some are getting bad reviews base on ISP bleeding TN panels just looking really bad for the amount of $$$ you spend on them 

will be back very soon at work 
Thanks everyone 

Arch2k

11 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

it IS a bit more expensive, but it IS also a bit better. certainly not worth upgrading if you already have haswell-E, but if you're starting fresh, the cost difference is worth the performance difference imo.

Not for gaming, only for video editing

14 minutes ago, Terranamics said:

So go Skylake for best gaming performance, go Haswell for best video editing performance

Best 27inch, 144hz, 1440p, G-Sync Monitor: https://www.amazon.com/SWIFT-PG279Q-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466709083&sr=8-1&keywords=ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q

The monitor is quite expensive, but it is the best 1440p monitor out there

yea Ive been looking into this one a lot just the things i am reading about them seems really sad for how much it is
i am not really a asus motherboard fan ive always been a MSI fan since the start of making computer not to meniton the boards they got i love just the new ones i dont like so the msi carbon's the 600 one and the 300 one i like most  but the 300 one only uses v3 cpus  @Terranamics

been thinking about it @Zyndo

Arch2k

6 minutes ago, Arch2k said:

From the msi z170 collection the z170 m7 is a great choice for less than $200

9 minutes ago, Terranamics said:

Not for gaming, only for video editing

If you're only gaming, you shouldn't be looking at X99. that's a terrible argument.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

If you're only gaming, you shouldn't be looking at X99. that's a terrible argument.

true, that would be a huge waste of money

@Zyndo yea I am not only gaming thats the thing but that is what Ill be doing must of the time 
I will be doing rendering stuff not much but some and streaming ect...pretty much a bit of everything other then networking or extream programming or art work just tiny bit of art for like making wallpapers and panel buttons stuff like that

this is where the confusing part comes in yes i know the 170 cheapsets are best for gaming but i guess the reason also why i dont like most of the 170s is cuz of the colors on them and the lay outs are terrible this year it seems most companys are going RGB and red with black motherboards i dont understand the reason for this but in some what way i care little to none of the RGB on the motherboard just because i feel just the lay out to the colors and how they look and work is important 

example i love my motherboard 
but its getting old 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130646
and i guess noting really beats ur first build of you're own computer 
I have build many others and stuff 

just what intel is doing and how these cheapsets are being thrown out there like water its kinda hard to pick what I really want 
most of the blue/black boards are pretty ugly thats why i like the carbon a lot little RGB but layout is great!! like the idea of having the lighting under the heatseaks is smart as hell i also looked at gigabite but dam the nice boards are like really $$$$$ 

i do know what u can get for a $100 boards have pretty much the same stuff at the $300 and up does just little improvement on how the lay outs are and some components just dont think its worth getting at all 

but since lately after getting out of school ive been doing small projects on the side on my computer which isnt kicking a lot at all to do what i want to do 

Arch2k

@Terranamics that  z170 m7 ive seen and look at before I wish it wasnt red/black 

Arch2k

1 hour ago, Arch2k said:

@Zyndo yea I am not only gaming thats the thing but that is what Ill be doing must of the time

Yes, my apologies, my comment was directed at terranomics. I'm aware why you want the X99.

1 hour ago, Arch2k said:

this is where the confusing part comes in yes i know the 170 cheapsets are best for gaming but i guess the reason also why i dont like most of the 170s is cuz of the colors on them and the lay outs are terrible this year it seems most companys are going RGB and red with black motherboards i dont understand the reason for this but in some what way i care little to none of the RGB on the motherboard just because i feel just the lay out to the colors and how they look and work is important

Here is a new computex Z170 board. Its not on the market yet, but its a different colour scheme than typical red and black Z170's... Still has LED's, but is customizable at least.

http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5891#ov

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

Yes, my apologies, my comment was directed at terranomics. I'm aware why you want the X99.

Here is a new computex Z170 board. Its not on the market yet, but its a different colour scheme than typical red and black Z170's... Still has LED's, but is customizable at least.

http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5891#ov

@Zyndo dear lord my <3 is bumping 
dam thats going to be very $$ board since its a ultra

ill put this on the list of boards next to the msi carbon 
any videos about this board yet?

Arch2k

No, its not on the market yet. I don't know when its to be released. Pauls Hardware showed it in a video, but its hardly a review, he basically said "heres a new line of motherboards from Gigabyte!" and listed one or two features. I don't know when its slated to release, but I cant wait ;)

wow man not bad at all these are pretty simple looking and nice i never had a gigabyte before and if it turns out I do get them then yay lmao 
once i get my azza genesis 9000 case painted i think ill be good to go ill be also doing some moding on it to take out the HDD case and replace it with a wall so i can have the HDD mounted on the side of the case same with my ssd's

Arch2k