Steam summer sale 2016

since the summer sales started steam being slow so i restarted my computer know i cant get steam to load at all, even offline mide

1 minute ago, Notree said:

we end up with the same games onsale every steam sale.

I see what you mean but there are always new games coming out so you will always have games 'getting old' so I'm not sure you can say that the cheap games are running out. I'm looking at mad max for £35 right now just scratching my head.

Cause its being hit my millions of users. Thier servers cant handle it. Same thing happens every sale.

2 minutes ago, Kithkannin said:

I am just coming into pc gaming so for me this is a most magical thing with lots of great sales that even beat the third party key sites. 

Too right! The thing is i'm not sure if this is me just getting used to the sales or them getting worse. I can't help thinking that the refund policy has negitivly impacted sales prices as they aren't just around for 2 days :/

i thought so but last time icould load offline still. i cant even do that 

As someone mentioned in another thread, this might be due to Steam's new refund policy. They don't really need to lower the price like before to attract buyers because they know they can get refunded if they don't like the game. It makes sense.

3 minutes ago, SMEXYBeach said:

I see what you mean but there are always new games coming out so you will always have games 'getting old' so I'm not sure you can say that the cheap games are running out. I'm looking at mad max for £35 right now just scratching my head.

Well if you dont like the discount wait for it to get cheaper.  Or simply buy it form another site. Its def cheaper elsewhere. Who knows maybe will see mad max at a larger discount in the coming days. If ive learned anything from steam sales. Dont buy anything on the first day. 

1 minute ago, Notree said:

Who knows maybe will see mad max at a larger discount in the coming days.

They aren't doing day by day sales anymore I don't think due to the refund policy but ill keep my fingers crossed!

17 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Anything that isn't 75% or more off is not a sale to me when it comes to Steam.

Then you'll be sorely disappointed with this sale... as I am

Also the site is broken af right now, and doesn't load half the time

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

A steam sale being worse than last year's because you already own all the games.... is a good problem to have, hahaha. Looks like this sale is just fine. :)

30 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Then you'll be sorely disappointed with this sale... as I am

Also the site is broken af right now, and doesn't load half the time

I think space engineers is like 70-75% off.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

this is the worst steam sale in history yes

-jgr72f.jpg

-2cf8dms.jpg

-24fw582.jpg

-2ueptmc.jpg

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

I think it's just the lack of Flash sales. That's where a lot of the 80%+ discounts were.

Aside from that, it's always been the case that newer/very popular games get smaller discounts than older ones. And it's also the case that most of the games advertised on the main store page are new/very popular games. I wasn't expecting a big discount on most of those. Usually those huge discounts have been on games that were either a year old or more, and/or on a Flash sale.

I like the MS paint brush that is used here..

Anyways, the sale just started and this is not even a flash sale.. I don't think you can judge yet

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

everything looks fine...

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

10 hours ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

everything looks fine...

normal for bioshock 2 to be 4 $

and it.s dlc 10 $ ???

they cheating

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

welcome to 2016, the year of DLC

also, told ya'

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

SNIP

Not everything is on sale, not all the time, and the sale changes like daily

plus greedy companies not putting DLC on sale

Still some amazing deals to be had as always

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

10 hours ago, DXMember said:

welcome to 2016, the year of DLC

also, told ya'

bioshock 2 is 4 dollars and it.s dlc is 10 $

they cheating

7 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

bioshock 2 is 4 dollars and it.s dlc is 10 $

they cheating

its not cheating, just get the base game for $4, its a great price

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii