Steam summer sale 2016

DisplayFusion is -69% (7,74€). Thats even lower than what I paid for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is now the Steam Sale SUPER THREAD.  All other 70 kajillion threads have been merged into here.  Also this has been moved to PC Gaming.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Can someone please explain why the refund system stopped the daily deals and flash sales?

A year ago, on the summer sale 2015 I bougth in excess of 30 games.

Now I cannot see interest in more than 2 or 3... Due to the lack of flash deals...

What does one thing have to do with the other?

On 6/23/2016 at 2:08 PM, Donut417 said:

Ive been using Steam since 2004. So the summer sale has been disappointing for some time for me. LOL. Its the same crap every sale. Im kinda hoping Killing Floor 2 is around $15 because my friend says I need it but its in early access so i really dont want to buy it for $30 because its early access. 

Was literally just a free weekend for it. 

Might pick up Doom if on sale :)

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

1 hour ago, Flanelman said:

Was literally just a free weekend for it. 

I dont really participate in free weekends. It comes down to Early Access titles can go many ways. It can turn to be a great game or a horrible mistake. Im willing to take a $15 risk. Thats what it comes down to. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This is now the Steam Sale SUPER THREAD.  All other 70 kajillion threads have been merged into here.  Also this has been moved to PC Gaming.

THANK YOU!!

I'm getting sick and tired of the same threads clogging up the subforum because too many people can't be bothered to see that there are already existing threads or they think that their problem has to have more attention than everyone else's that they have to start a separate thread for it. 

6 minutes ago, EscalatorBoy said:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/escalatorboy/wishlist/

Here's my current wishlist! So why do you figure I should consider, and based on the list, what might I be neglecting?

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Mark of the Ninja for sure, although I'd recommend a controller for both of them. 

Shadow of Mordor as well. 

Fallout 4 is currently 50% off at $29.99

3DMark is 80% off at $4.99

Life is Strange Complete Season 50% off at $9.99

Alien: Isolation 75% off at $12.49

Left4Dead2 80% off at $ 3.99

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I am pretty positive I'm going for Mass Effect Collection to replay and Orange Box (since i've never played Half life 2 all the way through or Portal). Probably a few more as well

10 more bucks to waste, is besiege worth it? Saw a friend play it and looked fun.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Hello Everyone in LTT Forum!

So... i have those games in my cart:

1) The Witcher 2

2) Left4Dead 2

3) The Orange Box (Half Life 2, along with Episodes 1 and 2, TF2, although that is F2P and Portal 1)

4) CS:GO

5) Skyrim-Legendary Edition

Sub Total: About 44 Euros (Hopefully no added taxes)

Is it worth it? Should i go for these? I have about 50something Euros in there, so i wont be able to buy any more games, unless the cost is under about 8 euros.

Whether it's worth it depends how much you like those games, but yeah IMO that's worth.

1 minute ago, Hiebly said:

Whether it's worth it depends how much you like those games, but yeah IMO that's worth.

The thing is, i havent played them yet lol... and wont play them till September, when ill have my PC built. Im about to add MassEffect2 for a grand total of about 49, so i can buy something for 3 euros and then be done! 

5 minutes ago, Z-Gaming said:

The thing is, i havent played them yet lol... and wont play them till September, when ill have my PC built. Im about to add MassEffect2 for a grand total of about 49, so i can buy something for 3 euros and then be done! 

Well CSGO isn't really my kind of game so I can't comment (but it seems most of the internet holds the game in high regards), but all the other games are great fun and Skyrim (especially with the DLC in legendary edition) provides a LOT of playtime... plus then there's mods you can play with to add more content or change how you play existing content etc.

If you have friends to play with, Chivalry can be really fun to goof around in. it's $4 in Canada right now, not sure how much that translates to in Euros for steam.

Civilization V is also an amazing strategy game. The complete edition is $13 in Canada right now, so you would have to drop something to get that... but it's definitely a really good game if you're into that sort of game and to date it's one of my most played games of all time.

September?
You may as well just buy 1 or 2 of those games now and wait for the winter sales for the rest, really. Or wait until then to buy the games, chances are, they could be even cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

September?
You may as well just buy 1 or 2 of those games now and wait for the winter sales for the rest, really. Or wait until then to buy the games, chances are, they could be even cheaper.

So, there are winter sales too huh? thought so... ill do that then, but i think i should buy the legendary skyrim edition for the remaster.

2 minutes ago, Z-Gaming said:

So, there are winter sales too huh? thought so... ill do that then, but i think i should buy the legendary skyrim edition for the remaster.

Yeah, it generally start on the second week of December.
Though I believe there's also a sale for US's thanksgiving in November. (and black friday/cyber monday)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeah, it generally start on the second week of December.
Though I believe there's also a sale for US's thanksgiving in November. (and black friday/cyber monday)

Cool. Was iving in a cave the past years, but now taht college starts, i can live a life... would you know what those Steam Summer Sale 2016 Trading Cards are?

20 hours ago, No said:

told u

I actually like the sale so far...

22 hours ago, Gdourado said:

Can someone please explain why the refund system stopped the daily deals and flash sales?

A year ago, on the summer sale 2015 I bougth in excess of 30 games.

Now I cannot see interest in more than 2 or 3... Due to the lack of flash deals...

What does one thing have to do with the other?

People would buy a game in flash sales and then the next time it would be cheaper, so they returned it to repurchase it.

I really miss the flash sales too. It was how I acquired most of my games. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

I actually like the sale so far...

People would buy a game in flash sales and then the next time it would be cheaper, so they returned it to repurchase it.

I really miss the flash sales too. It was how I acquired most of my games. :(

doom and fallout are newer than gta bit are on sale for more xc

5 hours ago, No said:

doom and fallout are newer than gta bit are on sale for more xc

Yea, I noticed that. Not a lot of people must like Doom and Fallout 4.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |