Steam summer sale 2016

1 minute ago, Rothfox said:

Hey there Syros! Hey can absolutely buy the game now and play it on that new pc of yours in 2 weeks.
If your talking about the same steam account that is ofc. you could allways buy it as a gift. and even then use it for urself! :) hope that answered your question.

Thanks man!

you cna play any steam game on the account you buy it on, anytime after, on any computer in the world, not just one, so yes

just but it, the price you see of it on sale is the price it will be the wholesale, the price wont change during the sale, but some games will go on sale and some will go off but  the sale price will be the same if it goes on sale again. 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

you cna play any steam game on the account you buy it on, anytime after, on any computer in the world, not just one, so yes

1 minute ago, Dogeystyle said:

They email it to you on the email account you use to create a Steam account.

Alright well thanks guys! I never knew I could get such good games for such a low price! :D

1 minute ago, Syros119 said:

Alright well thanks guys! I never knew I could get such good games for such a low price! :D

well the sales are bad this year thb, on g2a most games are cheaper then the ones on sale on steam. 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

well the sales are bad this year thb, on g2a most games are cheaper then the ones on sale on steam. 

Really? I'll check that out.

2 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

Welcome to the Master Race.

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

but there's issues around G2A:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/22/embattled-retailer-g2a-speaks-out-about-grey-market-fraud-and-theft-accusations.aspx

basicly, you're buying an iPad, G2A has really cheap iPads, but you dont know if they're stolen or not.

they *are* iPads though.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but there's issues around G2A:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/22/embattled-retailer-g2a-speaks-out-about-grey-market-fraud-and-theft-accusations.aspx

basicly, you're buying an iPad, G2A has really cheap iPads, but you dont know if they're stolen or not.

they *are* iPads though.

im not one to care about that, i have to buy weed illegally what's the diffrence xD other then with the weed its me getting ripped off the one who made it xD 

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

im not one to care about that, i have to buy weed illegally what's the diffrence xD other then with the weed its me getting ripped off the one who made it xD 

Unless they're like good games made by good people like CDPR and Witcher 3...

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

well, offcourse i cant force you to care about it.

i mean, i dont care about risking a €500 fine for sitting on a bench the wrong way either:

d7b8348a-0e2d-11e2-81a1-908345832104_web

it comes down to morals, which is where i apply this:

the main reason you buy the game legally, should be to support the developers, because they made it, and if you like it you'd probably like them to make more of it, or provide updates to it.

if you spend money on a game, and none of that money is going to the developer (in the "dark side of g2a") you may as well just pirate it, because all you're doing is washing your hands in fake innocence.

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, offcourse i cant force you to care about it.

i mean, i dont care about risking a €500 fine for sitting on a bench the wrong way either:

d7b8348a-0e2d-11e2-81a1-908345832104_web

it comes down to morals, which is where i apply this:

the main reason you buy the game legally, should be to support the developers, because they made it, and if you like it you'd probably like them to make more of it, or provide updates to it.

if you spend money on a game, and none of that money is going to the developer (in the "dark side of g2a") you may as well just pirate it, because all you're doing is washing your hands in fake innocence.

no, the main reason i dont torrent is becase if you torrent you can play online or have steam achievements, i even like that steam tracks your hours played,

with a torrent you get none of that, another reason i dont mind DRM becase it lets you have all those features  

15 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

dont mind DRM becase it lets you have all those features

now if only all implementations of DRM were implemented in a way where it benefits the buyers at least as much as it screws the torrenters.

Cheapest games anywhere and still people are complaining? xD you could argue that the DLCs are newer and should cost more (hihi just kidding)

40 minutes ago, LordZanshin said:

Cheapest games anywhere and still people are complaining? xD you could argue that the DLCs are newer and should cost more (hihi just kidding)

Steam is not the cheapest. Not even when it's sale. 

Did you try turning it on and off first?

Hey everyone. I recently built my first pc and I have $40 to spend on games. Now that the steam summer sale has started, what should I buy? (Note: I only have cs:go and rocket league on pc, as well as gta 5 on the xbox one.) To narrow down the genres a little bit, I do not really like horror or indie games, and like fps, open-world, and adventure the games the most. That said, I am willing to try other genres as well. Please leave me any suggestions on what game(s) I should buy. Thank you in advance :)

I would suggest any Bethesda game. Fallout 3/4 and New Vegas are great as well as Skyrim. The Witcher series is also quite good. I know you said you didn't really like indie games but The Binding of Isaac Rebirth is amazing.

Edit: The Just Cause games and Saints Row games are also really good!

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

The ARMA series is on sale and dirtcheap for the older ones.

EDIT: Stardew Valley. Not sure if it is or isnt an Indie title but its 11 bucks right now and to be honest it is surprisingly addicting and good fun. 

1 minute ago, Kithkannin said:

The ARMA series is on sale and dirtcheap for the older ones.

I would highly recommend picking up arma put would watch some videos first. It can have a narrow appeal.

5 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Funny story but a lot of steam sale prices currently beat g2a. Though it just started so im sure g2a will do something. for example The witcher 3 is actually a bit cheaper on steam. That is as of this comment though. 

To OP my advice is look for games you like on the sale then check g2a, kinguin, cdkeys, or any other sites you feel comfortable using and do a price check. (GOG codes are usually cheaper than steam ones so if you are like me and try to keep it in as few services as possile make sure to check which service the code is for. especially ubisoft and ea games)

8 minutes ago, Kithkannin said:

Funny story but a lot of steam sale prices currently beat g2a. Though it just started so im sure g2a will do something. for example The witcher 3 is actually a bit cheaper on steam. That is as of this comment though. 

To OP my advice is look for games you like on the sale then check g2a, kinguin, cdkeys, or any other sites you feel comfortable using and do a price check. (GOG codes are usually cheaper than steam ones so if you are like me and try to keep it in as few services as possile make sure to check which service the code is for. especially ubisoft and ea games)

in same games like arma yes, but rocket league is about the same, but games like call of duty are like $8 on g2a and $20 on steam and a lot of games are either the same - or + a few cents, or lower on g2a

@GreezyJeezy I agree completely which was why I tossed on the bit about price checking. I just put together a 115$ list on sales and am about to go check the difference between the sale and my choice seller (G2A. It gets a lot of hate but ive never had an issue with it yet) before pulling the trigger.

UGH! Why did they have to put a hold on trading? I'm mostly into the badge creation and now I'm locked out of it. Screw you Steam. >:(

Anyways, what have you guys picked up so far?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |