Ddos Attack on Youtube?

Apparently Youtube is having some issues and I was wondering if that could be due to an attack on them. The timing seems a bit odd concidering the highly controversial video series "Proud to be".
What do you think? Would love to hear the opinions of people that know much mire than I do about the topic (=

4 minutes ago, That_Linus_fan_guy said:

Apparently Youtube is having some issues and I was wondering if that could be due to an attack on them. The timing seems a bit odd concidering the highly controversial video series "Proud to be".
What do you think? Would love to hear the opinions of people that know much mire than I do about the topic (=

They would often have to DDoS multiple servers and IPs, as Google has multiple datacenters in every continent to keep YouTube a smooth and nice experience for everyone around the world. Would be some serious crap. This is the same reason people have never been able to take Steam down for a large amount of time, as they have login/download servers across the world. 

idk

YouTube has been working perfectly fine for me, but there are reports of some users not being able to access YouTube due to it having issues and being down. Although it is possible for the issue to have been a DDOS attack, there needs to be a lot of "zombie computers" and heavy flood of data in order to take down a giant like YouTube, which Google runs the datacenters. 

I got this message from YouTube a few months ago. Seems strange. (Look at attachment)

CA85BnVUQAEQFqw.jpg

Did I help you with your problem? If so, give my comment a like and even mark it as the solution!

It can't be DDoSed. At first I thought it was an issue with a local CDN, but now after everyone is complaining about it, it might just be some platform update. 

No server can have a 24/7 uptime. :D

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

4 minutes ago, shayan_doust said:

YouTube has been working perfectly fine for me, but there are reports of some users not being able to access YouTube due to it having issues and being down. Although it is possible for the issue to have been a DDOS attack, there needs to be a lot of "zombie computers" and heavy flood of data in order to take down a giant like YouTube, which Google runs the datacenters. 

I got this message from YouTube a few months ago. Seems strange. (Look at attachment)

CA85BnVUQAEQFqw.jpg

that's been there like for a long time now

5 minutes ago, shayan_doust said:

I got this message from YouTube a few months ago

Got this a few minutes ago. So ai am also perceiving that problem. Videos also seem to be loading slower than before :/ (subjectively)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I think somebody DDOSed the powerline to my house this morning. Shits crazy. Power went out for like 2 seconds, and then came back on like nothing happened.

Damn you, powerline hackers!

If it is so hard to bring down youtube on purpose so to speak due to the multiple servers and so on what would cause to have issues on its own?

my youtube has been crazy slow today so I might buy that a certain area is being attached by a DDOS

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

3 minutes ago, That_Linus_fan_guy said:

If it is so hard to bring down youtube on purpose so to speak due to the multiple servers and so on what would cause to have issues on its own?

Could be a hardware issue somewhere in the network, a cut cable, a bad update/upgrade; basically something/someone on their end is probably shitting the bed.

The YouTube app on my phone is crashing and stopping videos.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I'm getting 404 errors sometimes whenever I go to a channel's video page.

IT'S A PRANK BRO!!!

Intel Core Duo T2300E / 1.66 GHz

512 MB DDR2 SRAM

60 GB HDD

Intel GMA 950

Hello... Its youtube some servers is just overloaded.

For the past 48-72 hours, I have noticed that a video I click on takes around 15-20 seconds to start.  That is not normal.  It is just a black screen at 0:00.  It is like it is loading or something.

It might be something on my end.  IDK.