RECOVERING DATA FROM A PHONE WITH DISPLAYLESS SCREEN

ArkTheYO

Hey all,

I have an Xperia Z2 , and it fell on my marble floor this morning and from then on the screen is just showing two layers of colours and nothing, the touch seems to be working but nothing gets displayed , i wish to recover all my data from the phone pls help guys ! Below is a photo of it!

IMG_20160622_144437.jpg

Have you tried plugging your phone into your computer? It should let you access the built-in storage allowing you to recover any data.

Did I help you with your problem? If so, give my comment a like and even mark it as the solution!

5 minutes ago, shayan_doust said:

Have you tried plugging your phone into your computer? It should let you access the built-in storage allowing you to recover any data.

Yea i did try that but that doesnt seem to work, as i click on the Xperia Z2

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

Yea i did try that but that doesnt seem to work, as i click on the Xperia Z2

as i click on the z2 icon it shows that the folder is empty!

I know how to fix the empty folder issue, but that could only be done on a functional screen as it requires you to go to the phone's settings. 

I suggest you try http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/ . I have never tried it personally but apparently it allows you backup/restore, browse and sync your phone. If that doesn't work, I really can not give you a solution. Are you still on warranty? I suggest contacting Sony as I am sure that they can give you a definite answer.

Did I help you with your problem? If so, give my comment a like and even mark it as the solution!

Its easy, it might sound troll but i think its gonna work.. Assuming your Xperia Z2's engine is still working then go get/find another exactly Xperia Z2 phone (with proper display of course). Follow fingersteps to both phone
With practices and lucks, you should be able to go to phone setting and connect it with your computer
Lel

5 minutes ago, Yahtadi said:

Its easy, it might sound troll but i think its gonna work.. Assuming your Xperia Z2's engine is still works then go get/find another exactly Xperia Z2 phone (with proper display of course). Follow fingersteps to both phone
With practices and lucks, you should be able to go to phone setting and connect it with your computer
Lel

Im sure he's gotten used to the phone so he should know the touch locations.

Good suggestion no doubt though.

19 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Im sure he's gotten used to the phone so he should know the touch locations.

Good suggestion no doubt though.

well yeah i did try that ! I have been using it for around two years so yes i am quite aware but that too for some reason doesnt seem to work! Like i m trying to unlock i do the unlock pattern on the screen but then no sound comes from the phone which naturally comes from the phone after unlocking! i just need a way to get back up all my data or in simple words just gett all the data

Im quite rusty on Android since I use WP, but I think there should be some program that can access the file system while the phone is in debug/flash mode?

6 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Im quite rusty on Android since I use WP, but I think there should be some program that can access the file system while the phone is in debug/flash mode?

Please do help if u get something related!

27 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

Please do help if u get something related!

But first, have you tried connecting it via USB when the phone is turned off?

Also is the data you are trying to recover on SD card or internal storage?

9 hours ago, ModuleLFS said:

But first, have you tried connecting it via USB when the phone is turned off?

Also is the data you are trying to recover on SD card or internal storage?

Hey i got y screen replaced, its all working fine now will post a picture of the damaged screen soon !

7 hours ago, ArkTheYO said:

Hey i got y screen replaced, its all working fine now will post a picture of the damaged screen soon !

Ah that's good to hear :)