Dell's New Professional P Series AH-IPS Monitors

Geekazoid

WOW! Super sexy! :) Thank you!  

Is there any backlight bleed? (just put a black wallpaper and take a picture in a dark room without flash)

Try some faster games/movies and let us know if there is any issues in gaming.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

No. Do not take a picture with a camera... use your eyes. Camera will show any unevenness of the display, making think you have back light bleeding when you don't. They are special configuration to set the camera which is said to be what we see (close to it) to our eyes. Just tell us if you see back light bleeding.

NOTE: Back light bleeding =/= IPS glow effect (glow occurring on all 4 corners of the screen, which effect diminishes or increase based on the angle and distance from it, when you look at the corner.

P.S: The cables are suppose to pass in the monitor stand hole, this way it doesn't block the stand from being adjusted, and keeps the hires neat.

DisplayPort is used as it replaced DVI. DVI is being phased out.

Most systems with Intel Integrated graphics (office type computers), have VGA and DisplayPort. Or JUST DisplayPort, as VGA is also being phased out.

Ah! Looking at the monitor in those pictures makes really want to stick with my original decision.......and I think I just might do that.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm not much of an expect but here we go.

So ill say this first. I don't know a way to test the quality exactly I'm young and not very well informed. The viewing angles are really good it's an ISP panel after all. Tested in some videos and games it looks super good. High def photos and colours look amazing. Contrast is really good too. Again sorry but I don't know how to describe or review anything. I will be getting a DVI cable, got the monitor just a few h ago, sorry for the VGA one.

First the packaging, it came in a dell cardboard box, packed in some more cardboard.

So the assembly was pretty easy. It was the screen it self and the stand. Lock in the stand and you are done.

Here you can see the outputs as well. From right to left . Three USB(think 2.0), different square USB, VGA, DVI, Display port and power.

You get these cables inside the box: VGA, DP , square USB AND THATS ALL. Was kinda disappointed no DVI.

It came with a long power cord about 2 meters. It also had some papers and CD from dell.

Also you get a plastic cover over the ports so you can hide your cables.

Here are some more pics of it in its horizontal and vertical position also a picture of the stand. The stand is really really well built its super sturdy and has some heft to it. Has rubber on the bottom of it so it sticks pretty good. I can't move it,so sticky i have to pick it up :D

And the picture of the menu really easy to navigate and a lot of options.

So here are the pics

Would you mind giving us a couple of pictures of your setup with the Dell monitor? Great pictures BTW, the monitor definitely looks professional. Your pictures have really helped me with sticking with my original decision to get the 23" version of that monitor and to get a Dell professional P series monitor in general, thank you.

Holy pictures batman

EDIT: I removed the double pictures in the quote box now

Haha cheers!

Ignore that last post. I'm definitely waiting for the Dell P2314H/P2414H to be reviewed as I believe it will be a good purchase and last me a long time.

Sorry for the slow response, I've been kinda busy. My setup is nothing special at all
23.8" Dell P2414h
Benq 2225 22" 
Steelseries Xai laser mouse, Siberia V2 ( i know they suck but got them as a present 4 years ago still work fine)
and fx-8350 32gb of ram and looking for a good gpu now. Studying animation so the cores and ramm are really killer ^_^ soz for no pic kinda shy

Sorry for the slow response, I've been kinda busy.

No worries, didn't expect an immediate response.

My setup is nothing special at all:

> 23.8" Dell P2414h

> Benq 2225 22" 

> Steelseries Xai laser mouse, Siberia V2 ( i know they suck but got them as a present 4 years ago still work fine)

Ah! That's pretty good. At least you've got that nice Dell IPS monitor now. How are you finding it so far?

As for the mouse and headphones they look pretty cool to me. No suckiness (I realise this isn't a word) to be seen.

...and fx-8350 32gb of ram and looking for a good gpu now. Studying animation so the cores and ramm are really killer ^_^ soz for no pic kinda shy

Ah! You have a AMD FX-8350, how are you finding it, doesn't overheat much? I I have been thinking about getting that CPU but I've been concerned about the amount of power it consumes producing a lot of heat. On the flip side though I do prefer Intel CPUs, mainly because that's what I've only ever used. Are you waiting out for the new AMD R series of GPUs? I'm assuming that you prefer AMD GPUs as oppose to NVIDIA ones, correct?

Kinda shy hey? Well no worries, I'm the same, I completely understand. :)

Sorry for the question overload.

The monitor is awesome, a lot of flexibility and awesome utility, and a really good  experience . Super happy with it.

I have absolutely no faults for the FX-8350. Hes been doing great in 3ds max and maya. I have no issues with the heat out put i have an Coolermaster Hyper Evo +212 idle temp is around 25-30, under AIDA for 60mins not passing 60C. And can't afford any good graphics card. Waiting for money to start raining from the sky. Atlest for a year no GPU upgrade since ill be needed a wacom intous 5 graphic tablet for uni

How's performance in games? Do you play any FPS? Like BF3 or COD or Crysis 3?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

League and CS;GO no problems at all at +60 fps really enjoyable
And no bleeding ^_^

Yes! The xx14 series Dell monitors have the power button in the corner again! 

Thank you Madnessqq! :)

TFT Central's review of Dell P2414H : http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Ah! Ya beat me to it! Quite a good review. The new Dell monitors are near perfect. The P2414H performed great in Simon Baker's testing. It's rare that IPS monitors have a static contrast ratio (SCR) of 1,000:1 and this monitor is well over that with a max SCR of over 1,100:1. Quite good. It'll sure help produce those deep black much better. :). Colour performance was quite good as well, very happy with the results.

I'll make sure that I post my review of the P2314H when I get it (for anyone who wants it). I can't until I can get it. It'll be a huge upgrade over my HP TN monitor that I'm currently using. That TN monitor will become my secondary monitor. It'll be great to finally work with two monitors with the same size and resolution. :)

I'll be getting P2414H soon.  :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I'll be getting P2414H soon.  :)

Ah! Nice. Gunna let us know your thoughts on the P2414H when ya get it? :)

hmmm... I would like to see the color (adobe rg and sRGB coverage) comparison between this and the u2412h monitor...AH-Ips is the newer panel than e-ips. A word of advice using an ICC profile that was made by someone else on their monitor is not good and correct. Each panel is slightly different and color calibration devices use ambient lightning to calculate brightness levels needed. Also check prad.de (german site, but has english version also) also very good for monitor reviews (especially high end stuff). 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

it will be horrible at Adobe RGB, because the monitor is only white LED, making it not wide gamut, a requirement for Adobe RGB with LCD technology.

it will be horrible at Adobe RGB, because the monitor is only white LED, making it not wide gamut, a requirement for Adobe RGB with LCD technology.

I know what you need to get Adobe RGB coverage, I am very aware that adobe color space has more colors than sRGB (especially in the green area) but I was talking about Adobe RGB color coverage compared to the u2412h (that has around 84 %) I'm just curious about the differences between Ah-IPS and e-IPS when it comes to color reproduction, and since both monitors use 6bit+FRC instead of true 8bit, makes me wonder what does the difference in panels does for the color space. Simple as that. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Ah! Nice. Gunna let us know your thoughts on the P2414H when ya get it? :)

Sure thing, and if I find some time to do it, maybe I'll post some pictures as well.  :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Sure thing, and if I find some time to do it, maybe I'll post some pictures as well.  :)

Ah! Nice! :). Will be awesome!