US government shuts down after Congress fails to pass funding bill

CyberneticTitan

If this were any other country, I daresay there would be riots in the streets until things were fixed.

I don't blame the democrats,nor the republicans, but rather that stupid americans electing more democrats in the senate and more republicans in the congress ... IT IS YOUR FAULT! :D

Funny how the US still holds it AAA rating from almost all of the (US bound) rating agencies ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

If this were any other country, I daresay there would be riots in the streets until things were fixed.

I agree with you for the most part, but where I live, the government can get away with anything. People like to moan and complain about the problems and then proceed to vote for a party that also can get away with anything.

People then moan and complain again and then vote in the party that was in power last and the cycle continues.

I do think eventually it will go off like an apathetic time-bomb, but for now I just don't see that happening here.

For all of you Americans complaining, there's a pretty good chance that it's YOUR fault this happened. If I'm not mistaken, you guys had like a low 60s voter turnout. If you choose to forfeit your say, you're just as guilty as the politicians.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

For all of you Americans complaining, there's a pretty good chance that it's YOUR fault this happened. If I'm not mistaken, you guys had like a low 60s voter turnout. If you choose to forfeit your say, you're just as guilty as the politicians.

So choosing to not vote for either side because they are both terrible is a bad thing? you're saying I should have gone with the lesser of two evils instead of telling them both to get f**ked? pass I'd rather not be associated with either.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Does this mean if the NSA break down my door today, they don't have the right to arrest me? They are technically unemployed or doing volunteer work now.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Does this mean if the NSA break down my door today, they don't have the right to arrest me? They are technically unemployed or doing volunteer work now.

we still can't shoot them....well we can but we aren't supposed to.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm fairly sure they closed down because of the new Terraria update >>

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

I think its even lower than 60%. its  less than 50%.

So choosing to not vote for either side because they are both terrible is a bad thing? you're saying I should have gone with the lesser of two evils instead of telling them both to get f**ked? pass I'd rather not be associated with either.

If you didnt vote you dont deserve to complain. Thats my view. You chose to say you dont care who gets elected which is as bad as actually being one of the people to vote these bums into office. You dont have to vote repub or dem, there are other people that run for office.

Parties are the problem.

Here is what the founding fathers thought of parties.

They were right!

They had parties since the framing of the Constitution: federalists and anti-federalists. They'll be around forever.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Parties are the problem.

Here is what the founding fathers thought of parties.

They were right!

tumblr_mr3fgdNEMz1sx49sto1_500.gif

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

They had parties since the framing of the Constitution: federalists and anti-federalists. They'll be around forever.

I would argue that we could have a system with no political parties. Politicians would run with the sole goal of bettering their community and not for their political party. I do however acknowledged that these are high hopes. We should limit the number of terms politicians stay in office and get rid of their bonuses. If they dont get a budget passed then they should be the first to lose their pay, not soldiers and workers. Once they leave office they should stop getting paid and medical should no longer cover them. Most importantly, they should not make themselves exceptions to the laws they pass. If they make a law then they should have to face it's consequences.

I think its even lower than 60%. its  less than 50%.

If you didnt vote you dont deserve to complain. Thats my view. You chose to say you dont care who gets elected which is as bad as actually being one of the people to vote these bums into office. You dont have to vote repub or dem, there are other people that run for office.

My choice to not vote was not my way of saying I don't care who gets elected, I didn't want to be partially responsible for putting either of the morons that were running in office. 

As an Independent, I'm mad at both parties. At republicans for going too far this time, and at Obama and his cohorts not really trying to work with them and just saying "it's the republican's fault" every darn time throughout the years so he can cover his arse when something is about to happen or might make him look bad. It's really sad when all he does is cop out most of the time instead of saying "lets work this out." These are the two main things that piss me off about our supreme rulers right now.

I sure love having a bunch of gradeschool drama running amuck in our government. 

"Independent".. what a joke lolol

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

As an Independent, I'm mad at both parties. At republicans for going too far this time, and at Obama and his cohorts not really trying to work with them and just saying "it's the republican's fault" every darn time throughout the years so he can cover his arse when something is about to happen or might make him look bad. It's really sad when all he does is cop out most of the time instead of saying "lets work this out." These are the two main things that piss me off about our supreme rulers right now.

I sure love having a bunch of gradeschool drama running amuck in our government. 

Aint that the truth.

Don't feel it's uniquely American though.  Greece is bordering on collapse due to a useless government and Australia has nearly ruined itself with an incredibly biased and overthetop pay scale coupled with a union run ragtag government for the last 6 years. If it were not for a strong mining industry that is closely stitched to the Asian marklet we would be bankrupt now.  England.. well.. to be honest I don't know about the UK.  But you get the point, anyone who blames one side of politics and not the other is clearly a rusted on supporter that hasn't got all the information.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am glad that I am not alone in this world with my views as someone mentioned there should be no party politics.  Get rid of the various parties and worked together to make a country better and in my politics the world better.  

NWO is what I want by the way

.... and it isn't the version that politicians around the world from different countries want as I am anti-patriotism, anti-commerce and more.

As for the US and them shutting down the government I honestly could care less in what they do after being so cowardly about the way they are dealing with Syria and the refusal to go directly after the leader and kill him.

Oh and mods should this not be in off topic ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

here comes the anarchy 

when they say shut down what exactly do the mean shut down???

no one is working ? the country flips over????? what happens

about 40 percent of the government's civilian work force

Good. Our government is incompetent and bloated anyway. The US government thinks they are god's gift to the world and give themselves power to ignore the very laws they are supposed to uphold while the average citizen has to suffer every one of their bullshit decisions.

Maybe in a last ditch effort to get more cash flowing through the country, America would pull its gentleman's sausage out of the collective bums of nations abroad and focus on fixing things at home instead of playing superman under the guise of bringing freedom to foreign countries.

a512b74ac10481b29777ebd2facd9197.png

These tweets alone show that these morons of government don't give a crap about the American citizens. They are nothing more than man children in suits that like pointing fingers at each other playing the blame game when both parties are responsible for driving the USA into the ground.

Here is where that statement is wrong. If you had to voice between your loved ones being shot or vote to being stoned to death - do you vote either way? Of course not because that would be dumb. The Americans citizens had to vote between trash and more trash. We didn't get a whole lot of options. As for 3rd party, let's be completely honest with ourselves, voting for them is a waste because unfortunately there is a lot of dumb in this country that only cares for right vs left politics. Obama winning twice was an American Idol win at best and an inside job at worst. Both parties need to be disbanded.

If anything, NOT voting is far more patriotic and shows you actually care enough about your country to not want to vote in tyranny.

Remember that thread I made yesterday? Ya...

Say goodbye to all of those organizations.

COMIC SANS