New LED versions of Corsair AF120/140 Series Fans

LEDs are neat and all, but they tend to drive me crazy at night with light sources everywhere. I wish there were more fans with coloured fan blades instead.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I really rather have a led strip than the fan imo

Agreed. Would rather get something like gentle typhoons or nb eloops and get a led strip.  It wasn't a bad idea from corsair to release led fans though.  Just doesn't appeal to me. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Personally i dont like led fans but its nice to have options

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I own Corsair H100i, I used original fans and then switched to NF-F12, because of noise the stock fans produced. Also RMAd the first batch of fans, because of weird noise they were making.

But I am not satisfied with this product.

I can no longer screw 3 screws into radiator, like they were overtightened, but they were not. So I had to take the screws out and wrap them into cotton thread and try to screw them into rad, it is working a bit. But Fans do not fit properly, because there are gaps, between the fans and rad, now. And I loose some of the performance.  :angry:

i use the corsair case parts: CC-8930026 and use the shouldered screws from that

to make sure they are tight and secure the fan to the radiator firmly. no strip-outs and

"too long" of a screw. comes with 12 screws and only 4.99

500rscrewsnstuff.png

corsair.gif

Corsair Announces Air Series LED High Airflow PC Case Fans

PRESS RELEASE

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Air SeriesTM AF120 LED Quiet Edition and Air Series AF140 LED Quiet Edition high airflow PC case fans. The new fans are the only LED fans to use Corsair's award-winning AF series impeller designs to produce higher airflow at lower noise levels. The Air Series LED fans are available in 120mm and 140mm sizes with red, white, blue, or purple LED lighting.

The Air Series LED Quiet Edition high airflow PC case fans are designed with custom-molded, ultra-thin, clear frosted blades with a sleeved bearing system and four vivid LEDs. The result is a visually striking fan which helps users build great looking PCs while delivering outstanding cooling with exceptionally low vibration, noise and turbulence. The fans are ideal for mounting at the rear or top of PC cases to exhaust heat from a PC's CPU, graphics accelerators, and other heat generating components. The Air Series LED fans work equally well as unrestricted intake fans for areas like side panels or bottom intakes.
19b_thm.jpg 19g_thm.jpg 19h_thm.jpg

"Users often feel they are sacrificing quality when using LED fans," said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. "Our new Air Series LED fans combine the proven low-noise, high-performance design of our standard Air Series fans with just the right amount of LED visual flair. Now users can enhance and customize the look of their PCs with LED fans without compromising performance."
19a_thm.jpg
For more information, visit this page.
19c_thm.jpg 19d_thm.jpg 19e_thm.jpg 19f_thm.jpg

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Was already posted.

But in regards to the fans I think they look really nice especially the White led versions.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

hope they make the same with their SP series

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Wonder if they will have buzzing/ticking motor noise.

like the normal AF120/140's

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Oh My God Purple!!!

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

A pressure optimized fan will do better than an AF on a rad.
Corsair SP for instance.

A pressure optimized fan will do better than an AF on a rad.

Corsair SP for instance.

You don't say Captain Obvious?

MMMM, dem purple fans!!!

Yeah, repost.

LEDs at night tend to annoy me more than wow so I'm not really the type for LED fans. I know I'm not the only LTT member that prefers non-LED fans + solid panels on their cases. :P

Would be neat if they coloured the blades instead, though. Kinda like how Enermax Magma fans are red.

They have purple, but not green?  <_<

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

PURPLE!? YES!

I know right :D I have been waiting for mor colors and it is finally here

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Can i use this fans for H100i ?

You can use any fans with the h100i, but fans that will be good for h100i will be ones that have more static pressure. Corsair AFs have decent airflow but they lack pressure. I'd wait for an LED version of Corsair SP fans if you really want Corsair fans. Personally, I use Silverstone AP123's for my h100 and they're fantastic.

LEDs at night tend to annoy me more than wow so I'm not really the type for LED fans. I know I'm not the only LTT member that prefers non-LED fans + solid panels on their cases. :P

I feel the exact same way, especially since my rig shares a room with a TV as I live in a small apartment.

Time to put 15 of them into my Lanboy Air.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Meh, not a fan of LEDs on fans, I think I prefer the regular versions.

I like the red and blue LED Fans.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."