New LED versions of Corsair AF120/140 Series Fans

I was looking at NCIX's new inventory arrivals and happened upon these: http://www.ncix.ca/search/?categoryid=0&q=Corsair+Air+Series+LED

So far only blue, red, white and purple LED choices in the quiet edition SKUs. They look promising so I think I may order a blue two-pack; I'll let you all know how the LED quality if and whenever I get them.

90793ss.jpg90799ss.jpg90796ss.jpg90803ss.jpg

90793_2.jpg

The transparent fan blades make it sort of cheap imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looking good, but Corsair fans are overated IMO. They look very nice, but in terms of pricing, efficiency and noise, you can get much better. I agree with @mgsstar , having a transparent fan blade gives it a cheap look. I prefer the current ones with the colored rings, but that's personnal preference. :)

Looking good, but Corsair fans are overated IMO. They look very nice, but in terms of pricing, efficiency and noise, you can get much better. I agree with @mgsstar , having a transparent fan blade gives it a cheap look. I prefer the current ones with the colored rings, but that's personnal preference. :)

Yeah, I certainly agree with you on all points; the AF series are above average fans but if I'm getting these I'm more or less just interested on the quality of the LEDs and its presentation.

Could fans be the one thing corsair does wrong?? :o!!!!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

IDK, maybe! LOL

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Corsair link was pretty ordinary

I wouldn't call it "bad" though.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Could fans be the one thing corsair does wrong?? :o!!!!

Did anyone not have to RMA their original H80/H100 for the i version because of the pump rattling? I know I did.

To be fair, the H80i has been excellent, but the non i versions were a pretty substantial balls-up. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Did anyone not have to RMA their original H80/H100 for the i version because of the pump rattling? I know I did.

To be fair, the H80i has been excellent, but the non i versions were a pretty substantial balls-up. 

Yeah but the products themselves were great. Obviously every PC product ends up having a few RMA's here and there.

Yeah but the products themselves were great. Obviously every PC product ends up having a few RMA's here and there.

I meant the fact that so many people had to RMA them was the fail. It was a manufacturing problem which caused so many returns; not just your average "a few here and there" situation. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

I had to RMA my H80 last month, because the pump suddenly decided to die... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Eww led fans should die

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Corsair should've focused on making a SP-140 instead of that LED bullshit.

who cares...

I had to RMA my H80 last month, because the pump suddenly decided to die... 

Luckily mine never died, it just suddenly became really loud and made me want to kill it ;)

I lost faith in Corsair when their rep would give blanket statements and completely avoid questions on overclock.net. He just boasted about how busy they are and how long products take to make (which I'm not stupid, I fully understand, but I was just amazed at how out of touch with this rep was with what consumers have been asking for)

now they come out with this? pffft

I lost faith in Corsair when their rep would give blanket statements and completely avoid questions on overclock.net. He just boasted about how busy they are and how long products take to make (which I'm not stupid, I fully understand, but I was just amazed at how out of touch with this rep was with what consumers have been asking for)

now they come out with this? pffft

That would have been me. 

Where did you feel I was out of touch? I try and go out of my way to answer questions I can. 

One of my builds has had an H80 for a little over two years now and no problems. I thought the pump rattle was from certain psu's 12v rail going over 12.5v? My only compliant about the af and sp is that you have to lube up the screws and rubber mounting holes to avoid the rubber tearing, but that's only if you use the large case screws.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

I own Corsair H100i, I used original fans and then switched to NF-F12, because of noise the stock fans produced. Also RMAd the first batch of fans, because of weird noise they were making.

But I am not satisfied with this product.

I can no longer screw 3 screws into radiator, like they were overtightened, but they were not. So I had to take the screws out and wrap them into cotton thread and try to screw them into rad, it is working a bit. But Fans do not fit properly, because there are gaps, between the fans and rad, now. And I loose some of the performance.  :angry:

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

No orange :(

No orange :(

Xigmatek xlf? Okay case fan, horrible for rads.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Xigmatek xlf? Okay case fan, horrible for rads.

Or bitfenix spectre. I'd like to see one from corsair though :(