The "New" Razer Blade

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I never said blocked. And I would say it's far from fine. Edited first pic.

Anyhow, /derail

Heat won't kill the display.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Linus' praise for the Razer Blade is the 1 thing that makes me not take him seriously.

It has all the drawbacks of a Macbook pro (no serviceability/upgradeability, glossy screen, vulgar fuckhuge glowing corporate logo on the lid, manufacturer subject to NSA), but with worse battery life, worse security and fewer available accessories. If you're going to make all those sacrifices for the sake having a shiny, pleb-eye-catching device, you WILL be better served getting a Macbook pro instead.

Or, you know, pick a computer only considering how good a tool it makes and then satiate your desire for bling by buying actual jewellery that won't be outdated in a few years.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

First of this is about razer and doing a shitty job and there is no excuse for that, yes there are many more brands that also do a shitty job at cooling, but I compared it to Acer because most people know that they are shit at cooling expect their predator those are okay. Razer laptops have been a joke with cooling, they got a 15w CPU to thermal trottle that is GG WP Razer, there is no excuse for that at all, they need to get a brain and not make a joke of laptop. If you are on the laptop sub forrum you would know that I bash every single laptop that has bad cooling and bad build, because if a CPU runs hot, the life time of that CPU is going to be shorter than one that runs cool.

Oh so it is okay to make laptops with quality problems? NO. Is it okay to make a laptop that thermal throttles? NO. Is it okay to take 2k for all of that and a keyboard that feels like shit? NO. 

Clevo is not a brand, they are a OEM that sells to brands like sager. Dell is kinda also a big joke when it comes to build quality, they really only have their latitude line up that is okay, but even in their business laptop lineup they have problems.

They need to step up cooling, build quality, quality control and keyboard game before I would even look at them. Sure they are made with good materials, but that does not mean that the build quality is high, you can build things out of the best materials ever, but if you put it shitty together you have shit build quality, just like Razer does and other companies.

A lot of people like their mice and keyboards. When it comes to mice sure they are not very well build all the time and they also have quality control problems like the rest of things, but razer has also made a big impact in MMORPG and FPS games with their mice like the deathadder and the naga, you cannot deney that, the deathadder has been the best mouse for fps games in a long time, it is no longer, but it is a nice size for guys or girls with big hands and it is far from just razer that makes shitty quality controled mice, logitech also has problems with quality control on their mice. Some people like the kailh switch more than the cherry mx and that is 100% opinion based, just remember that you could also get cherry mx boards from them, before they made their own switch.

Yes their headsets (mic),headphones (no mic) and speakers are shit and I also advice people to stay away from that crap, the sound quality is shit and the build is shit. 

Most keyboards are out of plastic, but have a metal plate in them. They use platic because it is cheaper for them a lot of the time and metal can start to look like shit very fast depending on who is using the keyboard. Plastic is genrally the better material for things that will get in contact with human skin, because of the fat or what you would call it that covers our skin, if we did not have that our skin would dry out, but it is also not somethings that metal likes, since it can corrode it.

It's a 35-45w cpu, not 15w, I just checked on arc, about had an aneurysm for a second thinking they failed to cool 15w....wait are you talking about the stealth? That thing throttles? Like what the fuck? Regular use or 'synthetic' load like aida64 or something? 

And as far as dell goes I basically only buy latitudes and precisions. I'm using 2 precisions right now, sandy bridge ones. Apart from their cheap lines like inspiron, I feel like dell laptops, for the most part, are about what you pay for. Not perfect, but having  owned and repaired a lot of dells, I'm not to scared to buy them. 

Im sure what you dislike about the keyboard, I tired one a couple of years ago and it seemed nice, nothing like the keyboard on my e6400 (which I used simply for typing from couch for a while after I upgraded) or the 2 precisions I use now, but seemed pretty good. 

But given you are so adamant, I really have not had a ton of experience with razer lakptops. Reviewer reviews seems to be positive, and a lot of users seem to be happy with them. I don't recommend people laptops anymore as I don't repair laptops like I used to except for one here or there, I think I should read more about user experiences with them as well as ask around  places like notebookreview forums before I give any opinions on these, I really do give weight to what you are saying, and I really need to do my research on them now. 

I consider clevo a brand, or any OEM for that matter when the product remains mostly unchanged. For example, I consider Asetek a parts brand, not just for the server solutions but for the consumer products form corsair, tehrmaltake, ect. After all, it's their product really. I think it's important to refer to clevo's specifically so people...yah know...google it. Research where their laptops actually come from, and find the most competitive prices and best support reputation ect when shopping from usually the exact same machine no matter the brand- you can order specific extras from clevo, like HDMI input actually, but I almost never see resellers do that.

I don't agree about their keyboards frankly. The fact that they switched to kailh as soon as they could and didn't change the price at all, still keeping some of the highest priced keyboards out there, feels like they are being dishonest to customers. I've actually owned a few razer keyboards post kailh, one of witch I became 'famous' for bithcing about before giving it to a friend, 

Right now I'm typing on an epicgear defiant (the hotswap switches one) with EG purple switches. It's ok, was like 80$, pretty cheap plastic, and even it doesn't wobble that much. 

Here's a razer keycap

04m2clp.jpg

Anyway

I still have a death-adder chroma, I got it used in great condition for 45$. Couldn't pass it up. 

I don't have so much of a problem with this keyboard- you get something for what you pay, the best damn RGB effects I've seen. It's smooth, and the software is good, even if you have the sign in online to use it unless you set up tournament profiles ahead of time whattheactualfuckrazer 

But, being a bit of a keyboard snob myself, have you actually tried to work on any mechanical keyboard? I've messed with a few, one a couple years pre-kailh 

All of the ones I've messed with have the lowest quality PCB I've seen thus far on keyboards- it's brittle. I'm too scared thus far to give myself the headache of swapping the switches out on my chroma (I would really like to have some nice switches in the board itself, seriously that lighting), I'll admit I'm no soldering god.  And here's the kicker- I've had quite a few non-cherry keyboards pass through my hands, and as far as the kailh ones go, they were all much more consistent than razer greens. I have no idea why. I went to my local best buy, grabbed a stack of chromas, and all but like one had the 4 arrows keys feel significantly different. The chroma I own is borderline linear (though it is used, so grain of salt there) and the one I gave to a friends had one key, the m5 key, as the only satisfying key to press. All of them I've typed on feel different. The first few I typed on felt lighter than mx blues, which got me a lot of hate from other owners, casue apparently they are heavier. Thus far I only have felt one that feels that way. So I have no idea whats happening there- less QA at kailh factory for razer orders? Did razer make some kind of deal for bottom barrel switches? Or does razer reject less switches when assembling the keyboard as compared to other manufacturers? Oh and on the plastic, I understand, I love my k70, but a bitch to keep clean. I was talking about their laptop keyboards...I think you are talking about their regular keyboards? 

And their mice...ugh. I understand they are important...but I never recommend them outright unless it's something like someone with one hand needing a left handed mmo mouse. I tell people "buy them if you like them, but buy an extended warranty". Mice are all about personal preference, and razer has a lot of good options....just....I've seen less e3lue mice die. I'm not kidding. The 10$ ones, one of the labs in my college bought a ton of them, might have lost one to bad scroll wheel and 3 to theft in like 3 years.

As far as Logitech goes, I'm not a fan believe it or not. I have problems with keyboards like the 710+ (brown with o rings) having the cracking switch problem, and logitech telling people sometimes they need to send the whole keyboard in. Their mice are not what the used to be. My g600 had an occasional double click issue within a month, and this within a year I think 

EgSXJt2m.jpg

I cut the braiding off and use it as a bag mouse for laptop, still works fine. Replaced it with a utechsmart venus, it's pretty ok. (I like mmo mice for editors and photoshop) I feel like it will last longer, but I'm not as fond of it. 

Anyway a lot of their products don't hold up the way they used to, even their newer trackballs (great couch mice). So yea I'm not really part of the logitech circlejerk either really. 

I have a little less experience with acer, though I doubt they could take the shitty cooling crown from HP. Here's an example-

I think this was the dv7-7010us, trinity series apus. 

This line of laptops this was a part of had intel options with like a 650m or something, cooled with 2 heatsinks and heatpipes, as shown here. 

u47975-0.jpg

which is not the best design, but whatever. 

However, if you bought an AMD APU version of these DV7s, like the DV7-7010us, you got this 

GbCaa0ah.jpg

They just removed 1 of the heatpipes, so it still had the same housing...anyway the fan had plastic to force all of the air through the heatsink that was actually connected, like so 

0Uf2zp3.png

problem was, that combined with an intake that looked something like this 

ElhJ4gU.png

very small, with what I assume is supposed to be a dust filter, which really only accumulates dust and hair MUCH easier, I'm talking a couple of months even in a clean cat free house, simply caused it to be clogged with dust and bake really quickly, I've never seen worse mesh really for intakes so small. 

In fact, the owners of these laptops, especially the intel ones, tended to take a box cutter and just cut a hole where the fan intake was. I simply would remove the "filter" when I cleaned and repasted these. I mean you have to take apart the entire thing to get to these to clean them, and they were glued, so what the fuck was the point of them anyway? 

Now this, this is run of the mill for HP, not just one series. Even their gaming laptops are poorly cooled. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It's a 35-45w cpu, not 15w, I just checked on arc, about had an aneurysm for a second thinking they failed to cool 15w....wait are you talking about the stealth? That thing throttles? Like what the fuck? Regular use or 'synthetic' load like aida64 or something? 

I was talking about the stealth and yes that thing throttles when you put it under load. You can get it to run at 90c..

9 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

And as far as dell goes I basically only buy latitudes and precisions. I'm using 2 precisions right now, sandy bridge ones. Apart from their cheap lines like inspiron, I feel like dell laptops, for the most part, are about what you pay for. Not perfect, but having  owned and repaired a lot of dells, I'm not to scared to buy them. 

Im sure what you dislike about the keyboard, I tired one a couple of years ago and it seemed nice, nothing like the keyboard on my e6400 (which I used simply for typing from couch for a while after I upgraded) or the 2 precisions I use now, but seemed pretty good. 

But given you are so adamant, I really have not had a ton of experience with razer lakptops. Reviewer reviews seems to be positive, and a lot of users seem to be happy with them. I don't recommend people laptops anymore as I don't repair laptops like I used to except for one here or there, I think I should read more about user experiences with them as well as ask around  places like notebookreview forums before I give any opinions on these, I really do give weight to what you are saying, and I really need to do my research on them now. 

Okay so you are kinda like me with laptops, I really only buy business laptops. Ps. try the thinkpad keyboard it is the best thing ever for a laptop keyboard, if we don't look at the MSI titan mech keyboard.

You know why reviews (like linus) are positive? because they don't really put them under load or check how hot they run or if there is some thermal throttling. Oh you have not seen all the pissed of people with their QC where they have gotten a laptop where some USB ports did not work, some got with a weird keyboard, some had screen problems. Razer have also tried to say that they made a new solder that could take the heat (100% BS) after they got a lot of complanies about thremal throttling and the cpu running at 90c+ under load.

16 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I consider clevo a brand, or any OEM for that matter when the product remains mostly unchanged. For example, I consider Asetek a parts brand, not just for the server solutions but for the consumer products form corsair, tehrmaltake, ect. After all, it's their product really. I think it's important to refer to clevo's specifically so people...yah know...google it. Research where their laptops actually come from, and find the most competitive prices and best support reputation ect when shopping from usually the exact same machine no matter the brand- you can order specific extras from clevo, like HDMI input actually, but I almost never see resellers do that.

I don't agree about their keyboards frankly. The fact that they switched to kailh as soon as they could and didn't change the price at all, still keeping some of the highest priced keyboards out there, feels like they are being dishonest to customers. I've actually owned a few razer keyboards post kailh, one of witch I became 'famous' for bithcing about before giving it to a friend, 

Right now I'm typing on an epicgear defiant (the hotswap switches one) with EG purple switches. It's ok, was like 80$, pretty cheap plastic, and even it doesn't wobble that much. 

Fair enough.

Well kailh is known for the more wobly key, cherry also has a little of that, just not as much. I was so lucky to get my hands on the razer orbweaver mx blue before they stopped making them :). Well if a brand can keep charging the same price for a product where they change something to something cheaper they will do it, the same goes for orther brands, a good quality ten keyless keyboard (mech) is about 120$ and a good normal keyboard (mech) is also about 120$, so you see they save some money, but they charge the same.

Well I have gone through me fair share of keyboard, most of them have been sponsored from razer and roccat, but now I am using the cm storm quickfire rapid i with mx blue.

24 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

And their mice...ugh. I understand they are important...but I never recommend them outright unless it's something like someone with one hand needing a left handed mmo mouse. I tell people "buy them if you like them, but buy an extended warranty". Mice are all about personal preference, and razer has a lot of good options....just....I've seen less e3lue mice die. I'm not kidding. The 10$ ones, one of the labs in my college bought a ton of them, might have lost one to bad scroll wheel and 3 to theft in like 3 years.

As far as Logitech goes, I'm not a fan believe it or not. I have problems with keyboards like the 710+ (brown with o rings) having the cracking switch problem, and logitech telling people sometimes they need to send the whole keyboard in. Their mice are not what the used to be. My g600 had an occasional double click issue within a month, and this within a year I think 

EgSXJt2m.jpg

I cut the braiding off and use it as a bag mouse for laptop, still works fine. Replaced it with a utechsmart venus, it's pretty ok. (I like mmo mice for editors and photoshop) I feel like it will last longer, but I'm not as fond of it. 

Anyway a lot of their products don't hold up the way they used to, even their newer trackballs (great couch mice). So yea I'm not really part of the logitech circlejerk either really. 

I have had that double click problem after about 3 years with my deathadder and yeah Razer is known for that double click shit, so now I am using a zowie EC1-A. I have big hands and I use palm grip so I need a big ass mouse xD 

The last mouse I own from Logitech is the G500, their new things are just cheaply made for what you pay. I have only had that cable problem with logitech mice and keyboard, so I am not a fan of them.

I can understand why you like MMO mice for editing, it is nice to have the extra buttons.

30 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I have a little less experience with acer, though I doubt they could take the shitty cooling crown from HP. Here's an example-

I think this was the dv7-7010us, trinity series apus. 

This line of laptops this was a part of had intel options with like a 650m or something, cooled with 2 heatsinks and heatpipes, as shown here. 

-SNIP-

which is not the best design, but whatever. 

However, if you bought an AMD APU version of these DV7s, like the DV7-7010us, you got this 

-SNIP-

They just removed 1 of the heatpipes, so it still had the same housing...anyway the fan had plastic to force all of the air through the heatsink that was actually connected, like so 

0Uf2zp3.png

problem was, that combined with an intake that looked something like this 

ElhJ4gU.png

very small, with what I assume is supposed to be a dust filter, which really only accumulates dust and hair MUCH easier, I'm talking a couple of months even in a clean cat free house, simply caused it to be clogged with dust and bake really quickly, I've never seen worse mesh really for intakes so small. 

In fact, the owners of these laptops, especially the intel ones, tended to take a box cutter and just cut a hole where the fan intake was. I simply would remove the "filter" when I cleaned and repasted these. I mean you have to take apart the entire thing to get to these to clean them, and they were glued, so what the fuck was the point of them anyway? 

Now this, this is run of the mill for HP, not just one series. Even their gaming laptops are poorly cooled. 

Oh they can take the crown with no problem, it is not unheard of a acer nitro to hit 96c yeah you read that right 96c with even thermal throttling... I just had a Acer laptop in and it did not even have copper in the cooling and that thing was running a quadcore i7 with some dGPU, the best thing I could do was the clean it and change the TP. Dell is getting better at cooling, but they are still bad. HP is a weird company sometimes they can make good things, but most of the time you are just left standing there like WTF did you guys think when you made this laptop. Sometimes I think they just hire babys to come up with the cooling and that goes for HP, Dell, Acer, Razer, Apple, MSI sometimes, Lenovo sometimes, toshiba, Samsung, Asus and so on..

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I'm still good with my T420 and its godlike keyboard :D

Can we see this laptop with the Razer Core? I really want to see it's performance with a GTX 1070/1080 maybe? Please?

I'm set with my current rig (4770k GTX 970) for the next 4 or 5 years but when time comes i'm gonna get something like this.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

7 hours ago, MilkShakess said:

Can we see this laptop with the Razer Core? I really want to see it's performance with a GTX 1070/1080 maybe? Please?

Once we get a Core we plan to do some benching. Just waiting on the unit to arrive...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 11:34 AM, nicklmg said:

Once we get a Core we plan to do some benching. Just waiting on the unit to arrive...

Awesome, I'm looking to do an upgrade soon and I'm trying to decide if doing a blade core combo would be a good idea. I'm so excited!!

On 7/10/2016 at 2:13 AM, MilkShakess said:

Awesome, I'm looking to do an upgrade soon and I'm trying to decide if doing a blade core combo would be a good idea. I'm so excited!!

Video(s) coming very soon :)

On 6/22/2016 at 5:04 AM, Bouzoo said:

I did. Multiple times. Cooler or not, still doesn't change the fact that 60-70 C on the chassis is unacceptable for any machine. It's like the sun. Make the thing thicker even by 1 mm if it helps. And the hinge covers all back vents. All of them. But enough off topic. 

I'm a little short on the context here, but if it's supposed to take the design of the macbook (and does it correctly), that's intentional. It directs the air up, allowing you to place it on say a bed and not overheat it. For apple, it's a great design, perfect for the non-computer savy. I don't know if that's how it works on the GL502, it looks like it takes air in from both the bottom and the sides, but im not sure. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Not like I could afford it either way, but I think the Razer Blade should stick to 1080p screens, if they want a serious gaming ultrabook they can't keep putting this high resolution screens on them, not while having a 970m in it at any rate.

But overall I still think it's a great laptop, at least from the looks of it, I mean, yes, a lot of people pointed out other cheaper more powerful laptops, but all of them were like twice the size, and twice as fat, point me to a single ultrabook, this small, this compact, even if it's a bit thicker, that is packing as much power as this one. Because I don't know of any. 

• 1 month later...

The Blade would be awesome for gaming! Thank you for all of the wonderful reviews, tutorials, and informative videos! I look forward to watching them every morning! :-) 

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to get one of these (or the older model) shipped to the Netherlands?

On 06/21/2016 at 2:23 PM, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'll never buy another product from Razer again. 4 shitty products later, and still stuck with two of them? Nope. Not happening.

I'd much rather buy this than the Razer Blade. www.sagernotebook.com/customize.php?productid=886

The link says unavailable product. What model is it?

Thanks.

I was thinking about buying a blade or an MSI gs63 stealth or an Asus GL 502... 

The pros of the blade are the size: 14 inch is perfect for me when I have been using a 13 inch for 4 years. 

The lighter weight and the design are really nice, also one selling point is the SSD instead of the HDD the other 2 have. It also has a nice trackpad, since I'm used to a macbook pro retina the trackpad kind of matters.

But the Blade, at its base model, is already much more expensive than the top spec of with of the other 2. 

For your reference, I'm looking at these (prices are around 1400-1600 USD)

GL 502/MSI GS63

GTX 1060

16GB ram

1TB HDD+512 / 256SSD

Just want your opinions on these 2 machines or if you guys have any other suggestions because the razer Blade 14 is just too overpriced. 

PS: I really wanted the Razer Blade they were giving away, its got everything I wanted and more... :( does anyone know who won it?

3 hours ago, AnnaLVX said:

The link says unavailable product. What model is it?

Thanks.

Oh god this was awhile ago, it was probably one of their 14 inch notebooks customized with a 500GB SSD instead of a 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD or it was a 256GB BOOT SSD and 500GB mass storage drive.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

27 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Oh god this was awhile ago, it was probably one of their 14 inch notebooks customized with a 500GB SSD instead of a 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD or it was a 256GB BOOT SSD and 500GB mass storage drive.

Is this the one a Clevo P650RG-G  -click here- the link is flea-bay

Slightly higher spec'd and priced units that are Virtual Reality ready Sager NP9's

These too are Virtual Reality ready at a lesser cost Sager NP8's

Links

www.xoticpc.

hope this helps

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Sorry if I'm out of bound of the topic forum...
When we will know the winner of the giveaway and where to find the names who won?
Is it through email or through forum post...
Sorry again for the intrusion.
Peace

Never had a razor product, but the new razor laptop look amazing! - i will however need to start saving haha!

Edited by gaza.johnstone
spelling is terrible

On 09/14/2016 at 6:15 PM, Leonard_ShadowSlayer said:

Sorry if I'm out of bound of the topic forum...
When we will know the winner of the giveaway and where to find the names who won?
Is it through email or through forum post...
Sorry again for the intrusion.
Peace

You won, I heard

I personally don't really like the idea of mobile gaming. If I'm going out I'd want to go outside and meet new people/do stuff with friends, not play games. In certain situations gaming laptops are fine but generally I don't agree with them. I've got my eyes on a HP Spectre x360 or an XPS 13.

I game on my desktop, nothing better than sitting down in a leather chair with the smell of doritoes in the air and a 24" 2ms gaming monitor sitting next to my hard earned gaming machine ;)

|Hurricane – My $1400 Gaming PC|AMD FX 6300 @ 4.5GHz|Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz|120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD|1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD|Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 2GB OC|Thermaltake Core V51|CoolerMaster Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler|AMD Master Race|

The Blade 14 is a gorgeous laptop... but that's where it ends. I bought a blade 14 2015, RMA'd twice, recieved a refund on the last one. The first blade had a 20 x 20px area on the screen with dim/dead pixels, as well as a broken keyboard. Second blade had the WORST backlight bleed I have ever seen. Third blade that I received was running at 98 degrees C on the cpu while gaming and was throttling hard, while in an air-conditioned room.

After all of this I contacted Razer about my experience, and the first reply I got was a confusing statement about how I contacted the wrong branch of their customer service(this person clearly did not read my email). When i replied, stating that I contacted correct branch, repeating the above, all he said was "okay." 

To conclude, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a laptop. I'm sure some of you have had better experiences with Razer but my 2 months of hassle and anxiety was just plain insulting.

14 hours ago, Prose said:

The Blade 14 is a gorgeous laptop... but that's where it ends. I bought a blade 14 2015, RMA'd twice, recieved a refund on the last one. The first blade had a 20 x 20px area on the screen with dim/dead pixels, as well as a broken keyboard. Second blade had the WORST backlight bleed I have ever seen. Third blade that I received was running at 98 degrees C on the cpu while gaming and was throttling hard, while in an air-conditioned room.

After all of this I contacted Razer about my experience, and the first reply I got was a confusing statement about how I contacted the wrong branch of their customer service(this person clearly did not read my email). When i replied, stating that I contacted correct branch, repeating the above, all he said was "okay." 

To conclude, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a laptop. I'm sure some of you have had better experiences with Razer but my 2 months of hassle and anxiety was just plain insulting.

Not that I am trying to "put a dampener" on your personal real life experience, and getting the refund sounds very much like the right thing as far as an outcome in that VERY personal scenario.

:P But did you just get paid by Apple for the true color and obviously human - machine fail "life experience" relayed above xD...?

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).